Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Would you like to see the Ravens check out this guy?

I really hope he catches a break but i doubt it will be in the NFL; maybe one of the other leagues
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Good luck to him

He won't make any rosters this year but could be a super candidate for the practice squad as wickedsolo points out
    And then have a real shot at making the team next year

Yes, we all wish him well.
    His problem is missing all those years of play, simply developing as a football player.
    His physical shape is not the problem.
    His football sense and experience is.
    There are many ILBs right now that were not signed by anyone and yet have played 4 years of college football at all levels.
    If we really need to grab another ILB that can actually play before the season, we can grab some as they are cut from other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    Yes, we all wish him well.
    His problem is missing all those years of play, simply developing as a football player.
    His physical shape is not the problem.
    His football sense and experience is.
    There are many ILBs right now that were not signed by anyone and yet have played 4 years of college football at all levels.
    If we really need to grab another ILB that can actually play before the season, we can grab some as they are cut from other teams.
    Precisely.

He is basically a 26 year old guy off the street who wants to play in the NFL. No experience, not in football shape....nothing. He probably played JV his freshman year of HS, varsity his soph year with little playing time, and has done nothing since.

Great story, but I would recommend finding another dream because the NFL isn't it.

I don't think he should give up his NFL dream yet, but he probably will have to go to the CFL first...I think someone there would give him a shot. Let him get a year or 2 of experience, make some solid money and try again in 2-3 years.

Blog Entries

Or, he could go to college.

I guarantee you that some D-1 school out there would give this kid an opportunity to play ball for them. Prior to going away he had scholarship offers from USC.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Or, he could go to college.

I guarantee you that some D-1 school out there would give this kid an opportunity to play ball for them. Prior to going away he had scholarship offers from USC.
    Perfect example of how the college game/amateur experience is essential for aspiring NFL athletes.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?no03qz

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    Precisely.

He is basically a 26 year old guy off the street who wants to play in the NFL. No experience, not in football shape....nothing. He probably played JV his freshman year of HS, varsity his soph year with little playing time, and has done nothing since.

Great story, but I would recommend finding another dream because the NFL isn't it.
    I am no scout but wasn't he offered at USC? Sure he saw the field a lot to get an offer but HS football or college football isn't the NFL

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

College would be a fantastic idea for him, he would leave college with a degree, so that he will get a great career if the NFL is still not interested in him. The problem is he will be pretty old if he does go to college, so he'd probably want to enter the draft in his junior year. (If he turns out that good at college)

Blog Entries

Yea, but the kid really needs to look at the big picture.

He's a longshot to make the NFL and the CFL & UFL aren't solid options for the most part.

Why not play the game you love, get your degree, and give back.

If he's good enough after a year or two of playing against top level college talent, then he can make a decision about going to the NFL a-la Brandon Weedon.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Yea, but the kid really needs to look at the big picture.

He's a longshot to make the NFL and the CFL & UFL aren't solid options for the most part.

Why not play the game you love, get your degree, and give back.

If he's good enough after a year or two of playing against top level college talent, then he can make a decision about going to the NFL a-la Brandon Weedon.
    This is probably the guy's best option. Plus, if the NFL doesn't work out, he has a college degree in hopefully something that he can use to earn a living.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by blacknpurplepain View Post
    I am no scout but wasn't he offered at USC? Sure he saw the field a lot to get an offer but HS football or college football isn't the NFL

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    it is if you are on the Cleveland Browns
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello