Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 39

Thread: Deonte Thompson

  1. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    24,354
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Deonte Thompson



    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Could be Baltimore's next Victor Cruz?
    Similar body types & speed.


    Wouldn't that be nice?
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  2. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,054
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Deonte Thompson

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Similar body types & speed.


    Wouldn't that be nice?
    Yeah they are very similar is size and speed, both undrafted could make some noise in the pre season as Cruz did back in 2010. It's obviously a long shot at this point, but stranger things have happened. We have to use him correctly first though.




  3. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    11,960
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Deonte Thompson

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Yeah they are very similar is size and speed, both undrafted could make some noise in the pre season as Cruz did back in 2010. It's obviously a long shot at this point, but stranger things have happened. We have to use him correctly first though.
    Victor Cruz was great in the preseason starting with his rookie year. He caught 3 touchdowns in 1 game! If he's going to be the next Cruz he's going to have to put up numbers like Cruz did.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  4. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    24,354
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Deonte Thompson

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Victor Cruz was great in the preseason starting with his rookie year. He caught 3 touchdowns in 1 game! If he's going to be the next Cruz he's going to have to put up numbers like Cruz did.
    He's going to have to really make an impression.

    Cruz went from 0 to one of the top 10-15 WR's in a year.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  5. #17

    Re: Deonte Thompson

    Quote Originally Posted by NJRaven View Post
    seeing some florida people calling him 'stone hands' since this news broke out about him in minis. sounds like a good fit! anyway, i'd rather them hang on to streeter because at least he fills a size need.
    The only thing I will say is that Florida's QB play has been atrocious when it comes to the passing game. Not sure that has been the best offense to showcase your talents if you are a wr. They transitioned from urbies spread option to CW's offense and the transition did not go well. I know he was 5 star high prospect coming out of high school.




  6. #18

    Re: Deonte Thompson

    Deonte Thompson Is Turning Heads

    4.23 speed cant be coached. Apparently he has decent hands and is running good enough routes to get open. Its promising sign but I remember Harper doing similar things in OTAs and it never translated. Id say Doss is safe on this roster. Thompson may push Streeter and Laquan to PS or another roster. I wont be surprised if somebody comes down with an injury to get another year. Next year well more than likely have more of an opportunity for these guys to make the roster with Boldin likely gone. This battle of players is a good sign and hate to say it, but brings up questions as to why we brought in Jones. we might have to cut a promising player of similar skillset, even if untested (streeter, Thompson, lesser extent williams). At some point were going to have to trust our younger players to step up.

    I still think Reed goes to IR, so my WRs are looking like Boldin Smith Jones Doss with probably only 1 of Williams/Thompson/Streeter, reason being a strong secondary of STs. If Reed makes the team i wont be upset, but if we lose Streeter and thompson to another team i wont be happy. Hes been showing signs of greatness as well but also showing his inexperience.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 06-22-2012 at 07:44 AM.
    -JAB




  7. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    24,354
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Deonte Thompson

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Deonte Thompson Is Turning Heads

    4.23 speed cant be coached. Apparently he has decent hands and is running good enough routes to get open. Its promising sign but I remember Harper doing similar things in OTAs and it never translated. Id say Doss is safe on this roster. Thompson may push Streeter and Laquan to PS or another roster. I wont be surprised if somebody comes down with an injury to get another year. Next year well more than likely have more of an opportunity for these guys to make the roster with Boldin likely gone. This battle of players is a good sign and hate to say it, but brings up questions as to why we brought in Jones. we might have to cut a promising player of similar skillset, even if untested (streeter, Thompson, lesser extent williams). At some point were going to have to trust our younger players to step up.

    I still think Reed goes to IR, so my WRs are looking like Boldin Smith Jones Doss with probably only 1 of Williams/Thompson/Streeter, reason being a strong secondary of STs. If Reed makes the team i wont be upset, but if we lose Streeter and thompson to another team i wont be happy. Hes been showing signs of greatness as well but also showing his inexperience.
    I think Reed gets injury/waived.

    3 years in a row he's basically dealt with significant injuries. Hasn't contributed at WR (for whatever reason). Finally, the Ravens have at least 3 (4 including Webb) guys who can return kicks and punts.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  8. #20

    Re: Deonte Thompson

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think Reed gets injury/waived.

    3 years in a row he's basically dealt with significant injuries. Hasn't contributed at WR (for whatever reason). Finally, the Ravens have at least 3 (4 including Webb) guys who can return kicks and punts.
    it just makes sense. Hes not going to be 100%. I dont know of a guy that came back and looked the same as he did pre-injury the year after. Hoping he makes a full recovery and counting on him to be 100% would be foolish imo.

    Looking at the secondary is interesting not to hijack the thread. They carried 6 Cbs 4 S and 6 Wrs... assuming we carry the same. Webb Williams Smith Gorrer Graham Jackson Brown C Thompson Reed considine Pollard Cook Boldin Smith Jones Doss Reed Williams D Thompson Streeter. I can easily see Streeter and Thompson both hopping Williams though. Take the top 16 what are you left with? Tough call for me because i dont want to lose any promising young players on either side of the ball but to me it makes more sense to lose a WR. Thats assuming we carry the same which maybe we dont.
    -JAB




  9. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    24,354
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Deonte Thompson

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    it just makes sense. Hes not going to be 100%. I dont know of a guy that came back and looked the same as he did pre-injury the year after. Hoping he makes a full recovery and counting on him to be 100% would be foolish imo.

    Looking at the secondary is interesting not to hijack the thread. They carried 6 Cbs 4 S and 6 Wrs... assuming we carry the same. Webb Williams Smith Gorrer Graham Jackson Brown C Thompson Reed considine Pollard Cook Boldin Smith Jones Doss Reed Williams D Thompson Streeter. I can easily see Streeter and Thompson both hopping Williams though. Take the top 16 what are you left with? Tough call for me because i dont want to lose any promising young players on either side of the ball but to me it makes more sense to lose a WR. Thats assuming we carry the same which maybe we dont.
    I think Gorrer and Chykie are on the hot seat. Chykie could be a PS candidate, but they signed Graham for a reason and he's actually not a bad cornerback either. They obviously signed him for his ST's ability, but he had 3 INT's, 3 passes defensed, and 2 forced fumbles in limited action last year.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  10. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,109
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Deonte Thompson

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    ... they could force out Tommy Streeter.
    Noooooooo!!!!!





  11. #23

    Re: Deonte Thompson

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think Gorrer and Chykie are on the hot seat. Chykie could be a PS candidate, but they signed Graham for a reason and he's actually not a bad cornerback either. They obviously signed him for his ST's ability, but he had 3 INT's, 3 passes defensed, and 2 forced fumbles in limited action last year.
    id agree with that, i think Graham is a lock. whether they want him to play a swing DB/S position and cut considine and Cook instead of Brown/Gorrer would be interesting. They like players that play multiple positions for that very reason, saving roster space. I could see them looking big picture and trying to stash Streeter and Thompson and letting go of Brown and considine in order to do so. Itll be interesting what happens in TC, injury wise and what they bring to the table. Having too much talent is always a good problem to have but its hard to see it leave without ever giving it a chance also.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Noooooooo!!!!!

    haha, not much of a fan Shas?
    -JAB




  12. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,323
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Deonte Thompson

    Originally Posted by wickedsolo
    ... they could force out Tommy Streeter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Noooooooo!!!!!

    Ramon Harewood (OT - 6th round draft choice in 2010) is still with the Ravens (in a manner of speaking). IMO Streeter has a better upside... Bc




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland