Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    Woodson came here in 1999 at that point the rivalry was nowhere close to where it is today. In the early years of the Ravens our main rival was the Titans and if the divisions were not realigned IMO they would still be our #1 rival
    Back then the league still looked at us as the Browns and the Browns were the Steelers biggest rival. Ravens fans looked at the Jaguars as the big rival and later the Titans but I'm not sure the players saw it that way.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Ravens who become Steelers (and vice versa)

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Back then the league still looked at us as the Browns and the Browns were the Steelers biggest rival. Ravens fans looked at the Jaguars as the big rival and later the Titans but I'm not sure the players saw it that way.
    I totally agree that the Titans was the Ravens #1 Rival but imo the Ravens vs steelers is the best rival in the nfl today. Those games be hard hitting but we need a few more sweeps to even the score

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    James Harrison-Ray Lewis-Bart Scott-Terrell Suggs with JJ rotating in would have been scary for any team, with Haloti at nose tackle. That would have been great. Eventually with Scott moving to the Jets, we could have moved JJ to Barts position (which is probably where he should have been playing for us, even if he did play the SAM position so well too)
    I wonder why it took Harrison so long to catch on with pitt or the Ravens since both teams scout Lb very well? Was he having issues with the play book or is it the scheme the steelers run? Do you all think he would be an pro bowler on another team? Defensive schemes means a lot ie Bart scott, AD, Hartwell didn't play at the same level after leaving the Ravens. The only player that ball was Priest Holmes. I think it's mostly scheme bc when Ray RaY n Ed Reed went down the Ravens still played good D. Losing both probably would hurt our D. I still think the Ravens should of got that Lb from ASU despite his slow 40 and attitude issues but that's just my opinion tho

WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Re: Ravens who become Steelers (and vice versa)

Quote Originally Posted by blacknpurplepain View Post
    I wonder why it took Harrison so long to catch on with pitt or the Ravens since both teams scout Lb very well? Was he having issues with the play book or is it the scheme the steelers run? Do you all think he would be an pro bowler on another team? Defensive schemes means a lot ie Bart scott, AD, Hartwell didn't play at the same level after leaving the Ravens. The only player that ball was Priest Holmes. I think it's mostly scheme bc when Ray RaY n Ed Reed went down the Ravens still played good D. Losing both probably would hurt our D. I still think the Ravens should of got that Lb from ASU despite his slow 40 and attitude issues but that's just my opinion tho

He still strikes me as kind of an idiot so i wouldnt doubt he had troubles with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I know it happens like that for some players but I have always thought Harrison should be the first one in line when HGH testing starts.
    I also feel he may have dipped into PEDs one way or another. pretty classic case, not quite good enough to make a roster for years, desperation sets in, comes back and is way stronger all of a sudden. In a game of who makes it and who doesnt being miniscule differences, i dont doubt it being plausible.
    -JAB

It was actually a torn triceps, but he did not play a down. He was signed the year Jamal went down with the knee.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    It was actually a torn triceps, but he did not play a down. He was signed the year Jamal went down with the knee.
    Thanks HK. I knew it was some muscle like that.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    He still strikes me as kind of an idiot so i wouldnt doubt he had troubles with it.

I also feel he may have dipped into PEDs one way or another. pretty classic case, not quite good enough to make a roster for years, desperation sets in, comes back and is way stronger all of a sudden. In a game of who makes it and who doesnt being miniscule differences, i dont doubt it being plausible.
    I can agree with that, and the bolded part made me laugh out loud.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blacknpurplepain View Post
    I totally agree that the Titans was the Ravens #1 Rival but imo the Ravens vs steelers is the best rival in the nfl today. Those games be hard hitting but we need a few more sweeps to even the score
    And as an aside but tangental we signed our rival Titans McN, The all time leading WR here Mason, Drew Bennet, Adam Terry went to them....

Signing from rivals makes sense in that you absolutely know what the player is capable of when the chips are on the line. We fans hate it, but football is a business as the players are fond of saying after they are in the league a year or two.
    Heinz Field Ketchup official ketchup of the Ravens?