Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
Results 97 to 108 of 134
  1. #97

    Re: In your opinion: Who is the most overrated Raven?



    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    He's overpaid. But that contract is not guaranteed. The Ravens can cut him at anytime and avoid that cap hit. There is absolutely no risk in taking him into training camp. Besides name a better ILB that's available right now that the Ravens could get for that money?
    Word. no risk- high reward. Every now and then players make huge strides when coming back in camp also you never know about those walk-ons. Ravens have always had great success finding those hidden gems and maybe this year we will get the next Bart Scott.




  2. #98

    Re: In your opinion: Who is the most overrated Raven?

    Quote Originally Posted by defence84 View Post
    I didnt say the most dangerous weapon, this should be Rice again, but the best WR.
    I don't think Rice is the most dangerous weapon the Ravens have. Far from it. While all those dump offs to Rice make his numbers look good and inflate his future contract value, they actually hurt the Ravens offense. Every dump off to Rice is a guarantee that they won't be throwing the ball down the field. Many of those dump offs end in 3&outs. I think these plays are a big part of the reason the Ravens offense is so stagnant. While Rice is an exceptional player it is far too easy to key on him when you know 70% of the time the Ravens are going to try to get the ball into his hands.




  3. #99
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    4,221
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: In your opinion: Who is the most overrated Raven?

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Maybe Nigel Carr who's currently on the roster, and would be a lot cheaper. Lets see how he plays in the pre season games.
    Well. That's what training camp is for. They'll compete and get it sorted out.




  4. #100

    Re: In your opinion: Who is the most overrated Raven?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    I don't think Rice is the most dangerous weapon the Ravens have. Far from it. While all those dump offs to Rice make his numbers look good and inflate his future contract value, they actually hurt the Ravens offense. Every dump off to Rice is a guarantee that they won't be throwing the ball down the field. Many of those dump offs end in 3&outs. I think these plays are a big part of the reason the Ravens offense is so stagnant. While Rice is an exceptional player it is far too easy to key on him when you know 70% of the time the Ravens are going to try to get the ball into his hands.
    He is one of the most dynamic playmakers in this league, not many are that fast AND strong . Ravens tried lots of different things last year, but success came when they got their best playmaker the ball. I have to agree with you when you say lets throw the ball downfield, but lets be honset besides Torrey Smith the Ravens havent had no real deep threat last year. I want this to change too, but as it is now, give the ball to Ray and good things will come, if you have a back that can make one or two guys miss on every play you should stick with him.




  5. #101
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    11,947
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: In your opinion: Who is the most overrated Raven?

    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    He's overpaid. But that contract is not guaranteed. The Ravens can cut him at anytime and avoid that cap hit. There is absolutely no risk in taking him into training camp. Besides name a better ILB that's available right now that the Ravens could get for that money?

    We missed the window. A couple of months ago there were a ton of inside linebackers who had to sign on the cheap. The Saints signed David Hawthorne for a $1.46 million 2012 cap number. That's a much better player who ended up cheaper. Dan Connor was another cheap one we talked about at the time. EJ Henderson is still sitting out there. ILB is the one position that had a lot of good cheap talent available this year in free agency. There were lots of options but the Ravens wanted to keep Ellerbe for almost $2 million over any of them. Cutting him now doesn't help because with the exception of Henderson those guys are all gone.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  6. #102
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,053
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: In your opinion: Who is the most overrated Raven?

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    We missed the window. A couple of months ago there were a ton of inside linebackers who had to sign on the cheap. The Saints signed David Hawthorne for a $1.46 million 2012 cap number. That's a much better player who ended up cheaper. Dan Connor was another cheap one we talked about at the time. EJ Henderson is still sitting out there. ILB is the one position that had a lot of good cheap talent available this year in free agency. There were lots of options but the Ravens wanted to keep Ellerbe for almost $2 million over any of them. Cutting him now doesn't help because with the exception of Henderson those guys are all gone.
    I can't believe how much the Saints got Hawthorne for, I was really rooting for him to come to Baltimore. Curtis Lofton was also someone I really wanted, but he also signed with the Saints.

    I was reading around, and I found that the Ravens really like Elerbee for whatever reason. They must have a ton of confidence in him when they miss out on a talented group of FA ILB's who where all signed for relatively cheap deals.




  7. #103

    Re: In your opinion: Who is the most overrated Raven?

    Why is everyone bashing on Ellerbe ? I can remember him playing very well 2 years ago I didnt thought neither Gooden or McClain would be able to take his spot. And also, people in Owing Mills like to develop their own guys instead of signing someone else, I think we should trust Harbaugh's judgement, and see how he does this year.




  8. #104

    Re: In your opinion: Who is the most overrated Raven?

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I was reading around, and I found that the Ravens really like Elerbee for whatever reason. They must have a ton of confidence in him when they miss out on a talented group of FA ILB's who where all signed for relatively cheap deals.
    FAs they never even showed interest in. I think that speaks volumes. Even McClain they didnt pursue heavily and let test the waters and potentially leave. The team is clearly not as down on Ellerbe as most fans are. I really think we would have seen a much improved Ellerbe had he not been injured most of the year, with his new attitude and dedication last year.
    -JAB




  9. #105
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    11,947
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by defence84 View Post
    Why is everyone bashing on Ellerbe ? I can remember him playing very well 2 years ago I didnt thought neither Gooden or McClain would be able to take his spot. And also, people in Owing Mills like to develop their own guys instead of signing someone else, I think we should trust Harbaugh's judgement, and see how he does this year.
    Because the thread is about overrated Ravens. Someone, or ones, are going to be on the list. It's not like these players are getting bashed in thread after thread.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  10. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    I don't think Rice is the most dangerous weapon the Ravens have. Far from it. While all those dump offs to Rice make his numbers look good and inflate his future contract value, they actually hurt the Ravens offense. Every dump off to Rice is a guarantee that they won't be throwing the ball down the field. Many of those dump offs end in 3&outs. I think these plays are a big part of the reason the Ravens offense is so stagnant. While Rice is an exceptional player it is far too easy to key on him when you know 70% of the time the Ravens are going to try to get the ball into his hands.
    It may be many reasons for those dump off throws. Flacco not having enough time to go thru his reads, the receivers can not get open, Flacco's fear of throwing in tight windows, Flacco's not being able to read certain defenses or if the line miss a block which forces Flacco to dump the ball off and Flacco's lost of confidence in his receivers bc of drop passes. I seriously doubt that those plays are planned to go to Rice but Flacco has no choice bc of the reasons stated above. I think a lot of fans under value Rice. All you have to do is look at the ravens loses then look at his touches and that will tell the story. If anyone thinks the Ravens offense will be better or the same without Rice is not being realistic. If Rice is slowing other players growth why didn't any one else on offense step up in those L's. I give Flacco n Torrey props for that come back win in Pittsburgh but it has to be more

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!




  11. #107
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,053
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: In your opinion: Who is the most overrated Raven?

    Quote Originally Posted by blacknpurplepain View Post
    It may be many reasons for those dump off throws. Flacco not having enough time to go thru his reads, the receivers can not get open, Flacco's fear of throwing in tight windows, Flacco's not being able to read certain defenses or if the line miss a block which forces Flacco to dump the ball off and Flacco's lost of confidence in his receivers bc of drop passes. I seriously doubt that those plays are planned to go to Rice but Flacco has no choice bc of the reasons stated above. I think a lot of fans under value Rice. All you have to do is look at the ravens loses then look at his touches and that will tell the story. If anyone thinks the Ravens offense will be better or the same without Rice is not being realistic. If Rice is slowing other players growth why didn't any one else on offense step up in those L's. I give Flacco n Torrey props for that come back win in Pittsburgh but it has to be more

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Good post.

    I think it's absolutely absurd to suggest that our offense would be any where near as affective without Rice, or that Rice is holding our offense back, he is keeping this offense together like glue. Rice is by far our most dangerous weapon right now, Torrey Smith has potential but is nothing close to Rice atm, and Boldin is getting old and even in his prime playing for the Cardinals was not the weapon that Rice has been to us. I think people need to get real with the fact that the offense isn't built to rely on the passing game right now, until our receivers develop into the likes of Green Bay, New England, or New York (Giants), it's either pound the ball with Rice, or risk losing a lot more games than usual and go 8-8 or 9-7.




  12. #108

    Re: In your opinion: Who is the most overrated Raven?

    The Ravens FO might not value the ILB position as much as we think. Then again, why would they spend two million on Ellerbe? Unless he has a new focus now.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland