Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 132 of 317
  1. #121

    Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.



    Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    im not looking for an excuse, this is history repeating itself. you telling me that if ray rice held out camp they would have fined him? and they didnt fine ed reed for missing mandatory camp either.
    Teams have always treated players differently. Reed is one of the most unique personalities in our history. He has earned the right IMHO to be treated differently because of his play and history with the team.

    Same as Rice...although he could not be fined as he would not have been under contract.

    McKinnie was on the verge of being cut in March.





  2. #122
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    section 132
    Posts
    2,644
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Teams have always treated players differently. Reed is one of the most unique personalities in our history. He has earned the right IMHO to be treated differently because of his play and history with the team.

    Same as Rice...although he could not be fined as he would not have been under contract.

    McKinnie was on the verge of being cut in March.
    if he was on the verge of being cut in march, why did they give him a $500k roster bonus in may?

    im not saying mckinnie is justified or anything like that. im just saying the coaching staff has been premature in their actions.




  3. #123

    Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

    Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    if he was on the verge of being cut in march, why did they give him a $500k roster bonus in may?

    im not saying mckinnie is justified or anything like that. im just saying the coaching staff has been premature in their actions.
    Nothing premature when it comes to dealing with immature players with a track record. Look as ravens fans we are all desperate for a bonafide left tackle. We got spoiled with JO and after his retirementthe position as been revolving ever since. It is what it is.




  4. #124
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    19,994

    Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

    McKinnie pulled a Haynesworth.

    He did just enough to convince the team to give him more cash in March then proceeded to fuck the team over by being out of shape.

    Then took to the press to promise everyone he'd do everything in his power to be the better player. Then fails to show.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  5. #125

    Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

    Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    if he was on the verge of being cut in march, why did they give him a $500k roster bonus in may?

    im not saying mckinnie is justified or anything like that. im just saying the coaching staff has been premature in their actions.
    He got the bonus because he wasn't cut. Also, we have no clue what the coaches know or don't know. But if you're not going to fine a player that has somebody else call the coach and say he wasn't going to show up because he was having "issues" then when are you going to fine a player?




  6. #126
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    section 132
    Posts
    2,644
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

    my point is:

    -he was out of shape for camp last year

    -ravens signed him anyway

    -he is out of shape for camp this year

    -ravens are suprised???

    come on now. they knew what they were getting, they put all their eggs in this basket, now they are going to leave themselves in a really bad situation with this offensive line.




  7. #127

    Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

    Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    my point is:

    -he was out of shape for camp last year

    -ravens signed him anyway

    -he is out of shape for camp this year

    -ravens are suprised???

    come on now. they knew what they were getting, they put all their eggs in this basket, now they are going to leave themselves in a really bad situation with this offensive line.
    He's not even at freakin' camp this year! Where the hell is he?




  8. #128
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    19,994

    Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

    Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    my point is:

    -he was out of shape for camp last year

    -ravens signed him anyway

    -he is out of shape for camp this year

    -ravens are suprised???

    come on now. they knew what they were getting, they put all their eggs in this basket, now they are going to leave themselves in a really bad situation with this offensive line.
    Besides changing your argument, you left out that he promised the team he'd report in shape.

    He has failed to report. And he was way over weight in mini camp.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  9. #129

    Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlacco View Post
    He got the bonus because he wasn't cut. Also, we have no clue what the coaches know or don't know. But if you're not going to fine a player that has somebody else call the coach and say he wasn't going to show up because he was having "issues" then when are you going to fine a player?
    This, idk what happened, none of us do but for the team to tell everyone Oher is now the LT and we are looking for a RT, then fine him tells me he did something to really piss them off. How many times have we seen Harbs back and make a case for player after player whether warranted or not? imo I dont think he would fly off the handle on a player if it wasnt warranted.




  10. #130

    Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

    Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    if he was on the verge of being cut in march, why did they give him a $500k roster bonus in may?

    im not saying mckinnie is justified or anything like that. im just saying the coaching staff has been premature in their actions.
    So...you weren't here in March when everybody reported that McKinnie had to have an extended private meeting regarding his weight and commitment before the bonus was paid? Do you think they would have paid him that bonus if he didn't agree to abide by whatever provisions the team set forth? They pursued Eric Winston until they were satisfied with McKinnie's agreement and payment of that roster bonus.

    Pretty clear McKinnie has not lived up to the agreement.

    I don't think fining him is premature at all. CUTTING him may be premature. Not fining him for whatever BS excuse he had...the guy couldn't even call the team himself...he had to have his mommy/agent do it for him.




  11. #131

    Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    So...you weren't here in March when everybody reported that McKinnie had to have an extended private meeting regarding his weight and commitment before the bonus was paid? Do you think they would have paid him that bonus if he didn't agree to abide by whatever provisions the team set forth? They pursued Eric Winston until they were satisfied with McKinnie's agreement and payment of that roster bonus.

    Pretty clear McKinnie has not lived up to the agreement.

    I don't think fining him is premature at all. CUTTING him may be premature. Not fining him for whatever BS excuse he had...the guy couldn't even call the team himself...he had to have his mommy/agent do it for him.
    And maybe losing $30k a day will get him to at least show up and throws his fat butt on the scale.




  12. #132
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    section 132
    Posts
    2,644
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Besides changing your argument, you left out that he promised the team he'd report in shape.

    He has failed to report. And he was way over weight in mini camp.
    i never changed any argument i made. you just labeled everything i was saying as an excuse to talk shit on harbaugh. whatever dude.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland