Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 317
  1. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    24,330
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.



    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    This should outrage every Ravens fan.

    He's obviously about as unmotivated as you can get. The team trusted him to be in minimum shape come camp and he didn't keep his word.

    If this was an athlete who had a reputation of being prepared and showed up out of shape one time, then I'd agree with those who say this isn't a big deal. The problem here is this lack of even a minimal amount of effort goes all the way back to Minnesota.
    Actually it goes all the way back to Miami.

    I have a friend who was a student trainer for the athletic department at The U and he was the same way back then. The coaching staff put up with it because he was talented and a man amongst boys, but he would come to meetings late he wouldn't show up to the trainer's office when he was supposed to, he would miss classes, etc. He's a typical "I'll do the bare minimum to get by and keep people off my back".
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  2. #38

    Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Actually it goes all the way back to Miami.

    I have a friend who was a student trainer for the athletic department at The U and he was the same way back then. The coaching staff put up with it because he was talented and a man amongst boys, but he would come to meetings late he wouldn't show up to the trainer's office when he was supposed to, he would miss classes, etc. He's a typical "I'll do the bare minimum to get by and keep people off my back".
    its a shame and a waste of talent when you consider he could be great, but even so ill take a good but under performing player this year and hope to readdress it next year. thats all im saying. bit early for that speculation but a lot feel it was possible when he was in shape/showing up.
    -JAB




  3. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    24,330
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    its a shame and a waste of talent when you consider he could be great, but even so ill take a good but under performing player this year and hope to readdress it next year. thats all im saying. bit early for that speculation but a lot feel it was possible when he was in shape/showing up.
    It is a shame and actually Greg Cossell talked about that last summer when the Ravens signed him.

    Cossell said McKinnie was one of the most frustrating players he's ever seen.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  4. #40

    Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

    Thing is, this isn't just about his weight and conditioning.

    PP




  5. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    24,330
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Thing is, this isn't just about his weight and conditioning.

    PP
    Certainly doesn't seem to be that way, huh?
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  6. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Middle River
    Posts
    2,787
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

    When somebody gives you a major 'dis' the tendency is to suck it up for a bit to show them!, prove them wrong!
    And we benefited from that last year with McK.
    And now the dirty laundry is coming out and we see the start of the depths of frustration that caused Minnesota to flat out cut bait.
    When we see things like that happen, like with Gaither, we sit back and say, "well, somebody will give him a chance", and we were that somebody for McKinnie.... we had a big need (remember we were trying the Murphy(s) and LeVoir(s)

    If I had to guess, I would guess that he went home and put on some weight.... I get the feeling that unless someone is standing over him with a Taser, that he only puts out effort for what he wants.
    The loan is a smokescreen, he doesn't want to be seen until he drops 8+Lbs (IMO) he is gonna fail the conditioning drill for a while...
    All the activity with Steinbach and the OLmen is starting to make a lot of sense.

    quote from Tony's linked article
    The Ravens really have great team chemistry and they are loaded with guys who love to play football. The aloof McKinnie doesn’t really seem to be a great team guy and he doesn’t really seem to like football.
    I think the FO is now trying to assemble the best OL possible, that McK is still in the mix (as plan B or Plan C), and it wouldn't surprise me to see a late addition from another teams final cuts, or even a late trade of cuts like we did with Pittman/Moll
    Heinz Field Ketchup official ketchup of the Ravens?




  7. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,053
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

    Supposedly KO completely neutralised Aldon Smith back in 2010 when they met in the same conference. If KO can do that to a guy who just recorded 14 sacks in his rookie year for the 49ers, then I don't know if Oher really is a better option than even KO at left tackle.




  8. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    24,330
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Supposedly KO completely neutralised Aldon Smith back in 2010 when they met in the same conference. If KO can do that to a guy who just recorded 14 sacks in his rookie year for the 49ers, then I don't know if Oher really is a better option than even KO at left tackle.
    College game is very different than the pro game, but I do agree that I think there is some reason to believe that KO could become a LT for the Ravens.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  9. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    24,330
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    When somebody gives you a major 'dis' the tendency is to suck it up for a bit to show them!, prove them wrong!
    And we benefited from that last year with McK.
    And now the dirty laundry is coming out and we see the start of the depths of frustration that caused Minnesota to flat out cut bait.
    When we see things like that happen, like with Gaither, we sit back and say, "well, somebody will give him a chance", and we were that somebody for McKinnie.... we had a big need (remember we were trying the Murphy(s) and LeVoir(s)

    If I had to guess, I would guess that he went home and put on some weight.... I get the feeling that unless someone is standing over him with a Taser, that he only puts out effort for what he wants.
    The loan is a smokescreen, he doesn't want to be seen until he drops 8+Lbs (IMO) he is gonna fail the conditioning drill for a while...
    All the activity with Steinbach and the OLmen is starting to make a lot of sense.

    quote from Tony's linked article

    I think the FO is now trying to assemble the best OL possible, that McK is still in the mix (as plan B or Plan C), and it wouldn't surprise me to see a late addition from another teams final cuts, or even a late trade of cuts like we did with Pittman/Moll
    He just seems more interested in being a music producer than playing football.

    It's well known that Harbs wants guys who want to be there. He doesn't really pull punches in that regard.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  10. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    13,475
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

    Oz will watch the cuts like a hawk as teams reduce their roster. I have a feeling they'll pick up someone else but no way to know who
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  11. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,053
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

    Lets think who will be willing to make a trade for a average to decent tackle? I can't think of any teams because they are so coveted in this league.




  12. #48

    Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Supposedly KO completely neutralised Aldon Smith back in 2010 when they met in the same conference. If KO can do that to a guy who just recorded 14 sacks in his rookie year for the 49ers, then I don't know if Oher really is a better option than even KO at left tackle.
    at this point i wouldnt be opposed to KO or Jah competing for LT over Oher. He had his chance he blew it, and he underwhelmed last year at RT. If he had a strong year at RT id be more willing to give him another shot at LT. If it isnt McKinnie, id hope we give those two a shot.
    -JAB




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland