Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 37
  1. #13

    Re: Any Interest in Ben Ijalana?



    No brainer. Grab him. Our future OL is mostly a bunch of old men and question marks.




  2. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    12,160
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Any Interest in Ben Ijalana?

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    either way i guess it would be worth it. Its insured and if he comes back healthy next year its too much potential. Id assume his contract isnt ridiculous but maybe if he has to clear waivers he does and signs an even friendlier deal. not sure of the market for a guy youre not going to play this year.
    If he clears waivers the Colts get to IR him. This would have to be a waiver claim like the one the Pats used for Jake Ballard.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  3. #15

    Re: Any Interest in Ben Ijalana?

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If he clears waivers the Colts get to IR him. This would have to be a waiver claim like the one the Pats used for Jake Ballard.
    Also, http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...cut-jeff-otah/ Jeff Otah was cut, similar reasons, back and knee injuries. Once healthy, he is a good run blocking RT
    ::Known on the lesser boards as MiamiRaven and RevinRaven::




  4. #16

    Re: Any Interest in Ben Ijalana?

    But if we claim him off waivers, and then we go to put him on IR for the season, why won't we risk losing him the same way Indy is? Won't we have to do the same thing Indy did?




  5. #17

    Re: Any Interest in Ben Ijalana?

    Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    But if we claim him off waivers, and then we go to put him on IR for the season, why won't we risk losing him the same way Indy is? Won't we have to do the same thing Indy did?
    My understanding is that a waived/injured player comes off the 90 man roster. A player who is simply IR'd remains on the 90 man roster until final cuts. I could be wrong on that.




  6. #18

    Re: Any Interest in Ben Ijalana?

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If he clears waivers the Colts get to IR him. This would have to be a waiver claim like the one the Pats used for Jake Ballard.
    Thanks GOTA but why arent they just IR'ing him themselves then? i have to be missing something because its just not making sense to me.
    -JAB




  7. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,328
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Any Interest in Ben Ijalana?

    Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    No brainer. Grab him. Our future OL is mostly a bunch of old men and question marks.
    So a guy who has had two season ending injuries, in his only two years in the NFL, is not a question mark? ... Bc




  8. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,107
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Any Interest in Ben Ijalana?

    I really, really liked this guy coming out of college, and it's a shame about how his career has gone thus far. I'd definitely love to see him in purple after a season recovering from his injury, the dude has serious talent and athletic ability.




  9. #21

    Re: Any Interest in Ben Ijalana?

    Anybody have an update on this?




  10. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    But if we claim him off waivers, and then we go to put him on IR for the season, why won't we risk losing him the same way Indy is? Won't we have to do the same thing Indy did?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    My understanding is that a waived/injured player comes off the 90 man roster. A player who is simply IR'd remains on the 90 man roster until final cuts. I could be wrong on that.
    A player who is placed on IR does not count toward the roster limit, but non-vested veteran (less than 4 years of service time) must be 'waived - injured' and must pass through waivers before being placed on IR. This rule is in place to make teams think twice about using IR to stash young players on IR.

    If the Ravens (or any team) claims a player off of injury waivers and wants to keep him, they must keep him until the 1 st cut down at which time injury waivers no longer applies.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

    Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap




  11. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    12,160
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Any Interest in Ben Ijalana?

    Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    Anybody have an update on this?
    The update is that the Colts did waive him yesterday. I'm not sure how much time it takes to clear waivers but we should know soon.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  12. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The update is that the Colts did waive him yesterday. I'm not sure how much time it takes to clear waivers but we should know soon.
    Itt's 24 hours, so claims must be placed by today. There should be news by 4:00 today.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

    Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland