Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 26
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    25,699
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Plax back in black-n-yellow?



    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I find it odd that T.O., Moss, Braylon Edwards and other receivers are playing but Plax still can't get someone to sign him for the vet minimum.
    Probably because he's not looking for vet minimum.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  2. #14

    Re: Plax back in black-n-yellow?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I find it odd that T.O., Moss, Braylon Edwards and other receivers are playing but Plax still can't get someone to sign him for the vet minimum.
    well from what Wicked is saying hes not accepting vet min, which is probably the only reason he isnt signed. Hell eventually settle for less and one of those 2 teams will sign him then.
    -JAB




  3. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    13,943
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Plax back in black-n-yellow?

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    well from what Wicked is saying hes not accepting vet min, which is probably the only reason he isnt signed. Hell eventually settle for less and one of those 2 teams will sign him then.
    that's not what he said on SiriusNFL but then again who knows...
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  4. #16

    Re: Plax back in black-n-yellow?

    I really don't see it happening. Sanders has looked good when he can play. And Cotchery has also looked good in limited reps. Burress would give the Steelers some depth and insurance, but even without Wallace I don't see him cracking the top 3 and I don't see Burress as a guy who would enjoy the bench.




  5. #17

    Re: Plax back in black-n-yellow?

    Wouldn't this move be the proverbial 'blink', in a staring match?
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  6. #18

    Re: Plax back in black-n-yellow?

    No way. He has been knocking on the Steelers door in a roundabout way for awhile. I don't think the Steelers will answer the door. They need a tall receiver for a 6"5 QB to throw to in the end zone. But alas, I don't think the Steelers need Plax again that bad. However, a new OC just might want that option. At this point, without Mendy, the Steelers have a few RB's that are keen on the trucking running style that will gain the end zone more than Mendy did/does. But, that leaves long yardage regular downs out (?). Additionally, harder running RB's could limit the Steelers RZ options, no Mendy, no Wallace, and sans a tall, quick receiver. But, that also places the role of the TE into this discussion. Heath Miller anyone? Who knows. Haley will still have many options.

    These scenarios and options go through the powers that be x10, none of us have any idea of the actual machinations of roster selection, game plans, and execution. But, as my layman-informed Steeler fandom perspective informs, I can solidly state again - No!




  7. #19

    Re: Plax back in black-n-yellow?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Wouldn't this move be the proverbial 'blink', in a staring match?
    Are you referring to the Steelers and Wallace? If anything, I think it be a sign that Pittsburgh is ready and willing to move on and look elsewhere for receivers.

    There's really not much of a staring match, anyway. They've already said they will not trade him at any point this season, and unless a team comes forward with an amazing offer, I believe it. And they're not going to talk about a deal with him while he's not in camp. For better or for worse, the Steelers front office refuses to be strong armed by player demands. Better guys than Wallace have tried and failed. At this point the Steelers have basically told him that his options are to show up and play for his RFA tender, or sit at home until Week 10 watching the Sunday Ticket.

    As for Plax, I think the Steelers would be open to bringing him back, if he's willing to sign for cheap, and take a role as the 3rd or maybe even 4th guy.




  8. #20

    Re: Plax back in black-n-yellow?

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelFaninBMore View Post
    Are you referring to the Steelers and Wallace? If anything, I think it be a sign that Pittsburgh is ready and willing to move on and look elsewhere for receivers.

    There's really not much of a staring match, anyway. They've already said they will not trade him at any point this season, and unless a team comes forward with an amazing offer, I believe it. And they're not going to talk about a deal with him while he's not in camp. For better or for worse, the Steelers front office refuses to be strong armed by player demands. Better guys than Wallace have tried and failed. At this point the Steelers have basically told him that his options are to show up and play for his RFA tender, or sit at home until Week 10 watching the Sunday Ticket.

    As for Plax, I think the Steelers would be open to bringing him back, if he's willing to sign for cheap, and take a role as the 3rd or maybe even 4th guy.
    That's what I mean. The Steelers have taken their hard stance, as has Wallace. That sounds like a staring match to me.

    The reason why the move to bring in Burress would represent a blink to me is, because it shows that they don't feel confident with their current group of guys, without Wallace. It would be different if they stuck with their guns, making Sanders a starter, which is what they seem to be doing. Signing Burress (Which they don't seem to be seriously considering, in my opinion) admits that they really aren't good to go without Wallace and with Sanders as a starter.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  9. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,108
    I'm surprised nobody has thought about this being a leaked story by the team as a ploy to get Wallace back.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  10. #22

    Re: Plax back in black-n-yellow?

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I'm surprised nobody has thought about this being a leaked story by the team as a ploy to get Wallace back.
    That is a good point. However, is Plaxico Burress really enough to scare Wallace?
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  11. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,108
    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    That is a good point. However, is Plaxico Burress really enough to scare Wallace?
    I didn't say it was a good ploy.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  12. #24

    Re: Plax back in black-n-yellow?

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I didn't say it was a good ploy.
    Normally NFL players, especially young ones who haven't got any real money, would cave in this situation. That is what the Steelers are banking on.

    Problem is Wallace, who is younger and better than Vincent Jackson at similar points in their careers, saw him sit out and get a huge contract with no repercussions last year. If it wasn't for that playing out like it did, Wallace would probably give in.

    But seeing that I think he is going to ride it out until week 10. If that happens the Steelers have BIG problems, because remember they are putting in an entire new offense, and there is no way in hell he is going to be able to pick it up in a few weeks time. Antonio Brown and the journeymen aren't scaring anyone, and our secondary can lock that group down with ease as could a lot of teams.

    People want to talk about missing Suggs but we have 3 guys who can pick up the slack, Pitt has doesn't really have anyone else who can even remotely do what Wallace does stretching the field and finding the end zone on big plays. The reason Antonio Brown was able to do a lot of what he did underneath was because the number 1 corner, and deep safety were following Wallace downfield most plays.

    Despite having almost 1200 yards last year Brown only had 2 TD's (I actually want to do some research to see how many times a player has done that before) and is really just an underneath possession type guy. Getting top priority on coverage is a whole different ball game, especially for someone with physical limitations like Brown.

    Everyone thinks Wallace is just going to roll in the week before the season starts and everything will be fine, but I just don't see that happening. He really has no reason to show.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland