Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 79
  1. #13

    Re: New dem ad smears/lies about mitt killing woman



    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    And NOW I'm getting pissed at Romney. He needs to be out there angry over this. He is basically letting Obama call him a murderer, and not responding at all.

    I get not general campaigning yet. But to stay silent over this??? What the hell are you doing Mitt???

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Except the President didn't call Mitt anything.

    As Mitt has pointed out when ads from SuperPACs supporting him have been disingenuous in the past, candidates can't have influence over or relationships with these groups. Any criticism of the President, rather than the rules themselves, would ring rather hollow with objective observers in the middle. He's already got his sheeple locked in irrespective of this ad.

    I would like to see the President repudiate the ad. But for context, it isn't airing, and the President is unlikely to be happy with it given even so-called "liberal, mainstream" media outlets like CNN have been criticizing it for the last 24 hours.

    I don't like the ad at all, but this is what the Roberts court has given America.




  2. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,412
    Quote Originally Posted by TheExtraPoint View Post
    I don't like the ad at all, but this is what the Roberts court has given America.
    Right. Because campaign adds were all rainbows and puppy whiskers before him.

    Nice hyperbole.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  3. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,317

    Re: New dem ad smears/lies about mitt killing woman

    Quote Originally Posted by TheExtraPoint View Post
    Except the President didn't call Mitt anything.

    As Mitt has pointed out when ads from SuperPACs supporting him have been disingenuous in the past, candidates can't have influence over or relationships with these groups. Any criticism of the President, rather than the rules themselves, would ring rather hollow with objective observers in the middle. He's already got his sheeple locked in irrespective of this ad.

    I would like to see the President repudiate the ad. But for context, it isn't airing, and the President is unlikely to be happy with it given even so-called "liberal, mainstream" media outlets like CNN have been criticizing it for the last 24 hours.

    I don't like the ad at all, but this is what the Roberts court has given America.
    Maybe you missed the link pointing out his campaign team knew about this story in May, yet claim to not know about it now. I think we know where priorities USA got the story from.

    BTW nobody watches CNN, do you have any other examples of it being covered?
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  4. #16

    Re: New dem ad smears/lies about mitt killing woman

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Right. Because campaign adds were all rainbows and puppy whiskers before him.

    Nice hyperbole.
    Wait... I thought this ad was unprecedented in it's scurrilousness.

    Just because things have long been bad on the campaign trail (which they have) doesn't mean they couldn't (and haven't) gotten substantially worse on both sides of the aisle as a result of the Citizens United ruling. We regressed when we needed progressive reform of the way campaigns operate.

    Another word for that is regulation. Of course, regulation that produces accountability is something every American should support (unless they (like you) approve of the political climate this ruling has given us).




  5. #17

    Re: New dem ad smears/lies about mitt killing woman

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Maybe you missed the link pointing out his campaign team knew about this story in May, yet claim to not know about it now. I think we know where priorities USA got the story from.

    BTW nobody watches CNN, do you have any other examples of it being covered?
    I saw the link. That story was told by a voter from his own perspective, and had nothing to do with the President's position or this ad itself. You can hold the President personally accountable for his words if you choose, but I think that's unfair and distracts from the bigger issues of how campaigns work. I think that should be the takeaway from this ad and those like them.

    I don't own a TV so I can't tell you much about media coverage. But just because you and those like you don't watch CNN, I know that perhaps tens of millions of people watch it. I happened to see Anderson Cooper last night, where he spent a segment highlighting the inaccuracies in the ad, and directly confronting the ad's creator about how disingenuous it was.




  6. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,317

    Re: New dem ad smears/lies about mitt killing woman

    Quote Originally Posted by TheExtraPoint View Post
    I saw the link. That story was told by a voter from his own perspective, and had nothing to do with the President's position or this ad itself. You can hold the President personally accountable for his words if you choose, but I think that's unfair and distracts from the bigger issues of how campaigns work. I think that should be the takeaway from this ad and those like them.
    This has nothing to do with the link, the link talks about how Obama's own campaign staff knew about this in May when THEY hosted a conference call with this guy. I am not holding the President personally accountable for the guys words. I am saying his staff coordinated with Priorities USA or at the very least made them aware of this story

    Quote Originally Posted by TheExtraPoint View Post
    I don't own a TV so I can't tell you much about media coverage. But just because you and those like you don't watch CNN, I know that perhaps tens of millions of people watch it. I happened to see Anderson Cooper last night, where he spent a segment highlighting the inaccuracies in the ad, and directly confronting the ad's creator about how disingenuous it was.
    http://www.deadline.com/2012/06/cnn-...econd-quarter/
    CNN hit a low among total viewers and the key adults 25-54 demographic, with all primetime programs posting steep declines. The network averaged 446,000 total viewers and 129,000 in the 25-54 demo in primetime.
    Far cry, from "tens of millions". Just imagine how far you're off with other things you think you "know"
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  7. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,412
    Actually, CNN has been doing a great job recently. I find myself watching it more often than other networks.

    Just a shame they came late to the party with trying to be down the middle. They may be out of business soon.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  8. #20

    Re: New dem ad smears/lies about mitt killing woman

    Far cry, from "tens of millions". Just imagine how far you're off with other things you think you "know"
    Your link doesn't tell me anything about how many individual people watch CNN. It talks about primetime nightly averages.

    Either way, I've acknowledged I don't know anything about media. But congratulations for defeating me in an internet forum on a subject I've already acknowledged I know nothing about, and then applying that logic to the rest of my opinions to conclusively determine that I am in fact the village idiot.

    You can FINALLY sleep at night. Congratulations.




  9. #21
    No fan of Obama but find Mitt an even less desirable choice. Looking at the electoral map though unless Mitt does something and fast he is pretty screwed. Obama has approx 172 all but wrapped up in states such were he leads by 10+ points and that's by Rasmussen polling. I think its a tough road to tow for It even if were a dynamic and appealing candidate but he is not and I think he ends up losing big. I have no horse in this race just find it sad the Republican party I once was proud of has turned into a bunch of crazy radical Christian freaks who say they want smaller govt (but do nothing) while wanting to legislate their version Christian morals on the rest of society. Unbelievable. I am not alone in this opinion, the Republican christian right wing has alienated most moderate republicans at a time were power is there for the taking. I mean seriously the Tea Party idiots want Rubio but would protest Condeleeza Rice who is far far more qualified andelectable cause she is pro choice..... way to marginalize your party

    Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,
    -Ray Lewis




  10. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,412
    Condi turned down the job.

    Again.

    Mitt would take her in a heartbeat if she agreed to it.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  11. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11,608
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New dem ad smears/lies about mitt killing woman

    The moderates have pissed off the Christians which is why they're not voting and why they will lose again.

    The moderates have taken over the GOP and we're in this mess because W wanted to legalize 20M immigrants.

    That gave control of congress back to the DEMs and led to OBY and OBAMACARE.

    Mitt is a terrible campaigner like Mc Cain the last moderate that lost. He's unlikeable by the middle class that doesn't relate to him.

    As for the map, Rasmussen still has it about even including Florida and Ohio and Colorado and OBY isn't that far ahead in VA.

    W won the map and the WH with less popular votes than Gore and thus the re-count.

    DEMs would have never pulled this crap on Nixon and Reagan.

    The race just shouldn't be this close in the worse economy in 80 years.

    Good point about the Roberts court and what I mean about the moderates turning off the Christians.

    Rove was on the committee that interviewed Roberts. They thought he was a conservative but when Rove asked who his favorite justice was, he gave a name. I forget it but Roberts liked him because he was his own man. Another words,
    he wasn't always going with the majority and he didnt.

    But that answer should have told Rove something and he never picked up on hit so now we're in this mess.

    They're all RINOS.
    UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU.




  12. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,317

    Re: New dem ad smears/lies about mitt killing woman

    Quote Originally Posted by TheExtraPoint View Post
    Your link doesn't tell me anything about how many individual people watch CNN. It talks about primetime nightly averages.

    Either way, I've acknowledged I don't know anything about media. But congratulations for defeating me in an internet forum on a subject I've already acknowledged I know nothing about, and then applying that logic to the rest of my opinions to conclusively determine that I am in fact the village idiot.

    You can FINALLY sleep at night. Congratulations.
    Yawn...

    Nice try attempting to minimize my point, that "tens of millions" of people don't watch CNN.

    I remember a few threads back I asked if you Lib's could come to a discussion without mocking or ridicule.. guess not.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland