Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 158
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Panama City Beach FL
    Posts
    1,392

    Re: Jared Haynesworth...er, Gaither @ it again



    Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Lol. I'm not sure what's worse JaMarcus Russell robbing the Raiders for money or Gaither robbing the Chargers.
    At least Gaither is not robbing the Ravens.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello





  2. #14

    Re: Jared Haynesworth...er, Gaither @ it again

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    you guys realize this goes against what people say about him. that he faked an injury because he didnt want to play RT or wanted a contract... hes their unquestioned LT and he just signed a 4 year deal. if anything its more proof that he had the injury to begin with and even better, more proof that we made the right call by letting him go.
    I read the same thing and think it's evidence he's lazy and has no heart, which was his reputation here.

    Now he can take his signing bonus and his future injury settlement and eat cheeseburgers and play X Box. Not a bad life, if you can get it.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  3. #15

    Re: OT: Gaither Still hasn't practiced

    Funny how Gaither played with one arm in 08 and got carted in 09 (with a neck/back injury) and yet people still insist on insulting him. Most people accused him of faking injury, even though there was ZERO LOGICAL REASON for him to do so. People who doubt others injuries are funny. I remember folks claiming Gaither's doctor who recommended that he rest was a quack, but its the same guy peyton manning trusted to cut on his neck. What a shitty group of fans we have at times.




  4. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens420 View Post
    Funny how Gaither played with one arm in 08 and got carted in 09 (with a neck/back injury) and yet people still insist on insulting him. Most people accused him of faking injury, even though there was ZERO LOGICAL REASON for him to do so. People who doubt others injuries are funny. I remember folks claiming Gaither's doctor who recommended that he rest was a quack, but its the same guy peyton manning trusted to cut on his neck. What a shitty group of fans we have at times.
    Except that reputation of him being lazy and dogging it goes all the way to his days as a Terp.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  5. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    What a typical hater thing to say ...
    How is pointing out the two distinct Gaither camps on this board is me being a "hater"?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  6. #18

    Re: Jared Haynesworth...er, Gaither @ it again

    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    I honestly can't even remember what the issue was with him (I stayed out of the Gaither debates), it's just bad timing that he's suffering with back spasms (which I don't think is what he suffered from here) now.
    Jared Gaither came into the league as a great physical talent who lacked the work ethic necessary to keep his body in top shape. Harbaugh warned him about it, since, as we all know, injuries can pile up when you're not in the best shape. He didn't listen to Harbaugh behind the scenes, so Harbaugh went public.

    Aaron Wilson reported that Gaither showed up to 'Mini-Camp', in worse shape than he was in the year before, which wasn't great to begin with. Aaron Wilson also reported that, that day is when the 'switch' was officially announced to both players. I mean, what did you expect Harbaugh and Cameron to do. Gaither was in shitty shape, keep him at LT?

    Gaither then suffered a foot injury. Gaither showed up to 'Training Camp', twenty nine pounds lighter than his normal playing weight. Harbaugh made it clear that the playing weight wasn't the problem, so much as it was the way it was put together. Gaither claimed that he lost the weight to take pressure off of his foot. The sudden weight loss proved to be detrimental to his health. Seriously, dropping almost thirty pounds and suddenly trying to take on Terrell Suggs in a sudden collision at training camp?

    Consequently, Gaither suffered the disc injury.

    Last off-season, both Rosenhaus and Gaither said that the injury had healed and that Gaither was 100%. However, Oakland's doctors wouldn't sign off on him after a visit with them. Then, he tried his luck with KC where he didn't click with Haley, but I can't really knock him for that, because few people actually click with Haley. Then came San Diego, where he had a few good games and San Diego paid him, still, much less than he would have received on the open market if he'd taken his body more seriously.

    Now, he hasn't even practiced yet, and not due to precautionary measures. Such as when Harbaugh kept Ngata out, because there is no need to rush Haloti Ngata back.

    Meanwhile, during the same off-season, word got out that James Harrison played the 2009 season with two disc injuries and had the surgery during the off-season. It took him a few games into the season before his back fully recovered, but he is now back to his old self.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  7. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    3,520

    Re: OT: Gaither Still hasn't practiced

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens420 View Post
    Funny how Gaither played with one arm in 08 and got carted in 09 (with a neck/back injury) and yet people still insist on insulting him. Most people accused him of faking injury, even though there was ZERO LOGICAL REASON for him to do so. People who doubt others injuries are funny. I remember folks claiming Gaither's doctor who recommended that he rest was a quack, but its the same guy peyton manning trusted to cut on his neck. What a shitty group of fans we have at times.




  8. #20

    Re: Jared Haynesworth...er, Gaither @ it again

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    you guys realize this goes against what people say about him. that he faked an injury because he didnt want to play RT or wanted a contract
    How so? People "fake injuries" to get out of practicing. There is more than one reason why players do/would not want to practice. Laziness is one, as is pouting about your contract or position change, etc.

    I am a bit shocked that people are so naive as to think there does not exist a subset of professional athletes who do not like or want to practice. And likewise, within that subset, there are those that will loaf at practice and/or fake injuries. This subset includes average, 3rd stringers as well as superstars (who feel they don't "need" practice).




  9. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,820
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Jared Haynesworth...er, Gaither @ it again

    What's the over/under on how many pages this thread will go?




  10. #22

    Re: OT: Gaither Still hasn't practiced

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens420 View Post
    Funny how Gaither played with one arm in 08 and got carted in 09 (with a neck/back injury) and yet people still insist on insulting him. Most people accused him of faking injury, even though there was ZERO LOGICAL REASON for him to do so. People who doubt others injuries are funny. I remember folks claiming Gaither's doctor who recommended that he rest was a quack, but its the same guy peyton manning trusted to cut on his neck. What a shitty group of fans we have at times.
    No one generally questions Gaither's gameday work ethic.

    And that you simply ignore the reasoning given regarding 2010 does not mean it hasn't been given.

    Also, your point about the doctor makes no sense, as no one claimed the doctor negligently misdiagnosed Gaither.

    There is nothing shitty about discussing issues. And I would say, in terms of the "quality" of fans, the guy who blindly supports a single, dubious player over the organization itself is a "shittier" fan than the reverse (though I wouldn't ever call either "shitty").




  11. #23

    Re: Jared Haynesworth...er, Gaither @ it again

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    How so? People "fake injuries" to get out of practicing. There is more than one reason why players do/would not want to practice. Laziness is one, as is pouting about your contract or position change, etc.

    I am a bit shocked that people are so naive as to think there does not exist a subset of professional athletes who do not like or want to practice. And likewise, within that subset, there are those that will loaf at practice and/or fake injuries. This subset includes average, 3rd stringers as well as superstars (who feel they don't "need" practice).
    there is a facet of people that think he "faked" his injury because he was unhappy to play RT and/or wanted a contract extension, those are the ones im saying are wrong. hes the unquestioned LT and he just got paid, although below what hes capable if 100% healthy and devoted. As far as being lazy im not arguing that case, i think there is more than enough evidence that hes lazy and that does lead to injuries, which is why i feel we did the right thing in letting him go than continuing to try and motivate him. same with mckinnie after this year, i highly doubt we bring him back even at a discount just to keep having to try and motivate him.

    Injuries also do just happen and in this case you have a guy with a previous back injury having back spasms which are a side effect of said back injury commonly. I think his laziness is causing the injuries more so than his bad character is lying about them, to me that just makes more sense.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 08-09-2012 at 11:08 AM.
    -JAB




  12. #24

    Re: Jared Haynesworth...er, Gaither @ it again

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    there is a facet of people that think he "faked" his injury because he was unhappy to play RT and/or wanted a contract extension, those are the ones im saying are wrong. hes the unquestioned LT and he just got paid, although below what hes capable if 100% healthy and devoted. As far as being lazy im not arguing that case, i think there is more than enough evidence that hes lazy and that does lead to injuries, which is why i feel we did the right thing in letting him go than continuing to try and motivate him. same with mckinnie after this year, i highly doubt we bring him back even at a discount just to keep having to try and motivate him.
    I still am missing how you are concluding people are "wrong" based on this new information. I see nothing about this news that undermines the previous claims/theories.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland