Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Torrey Smith Sprain Ankle

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Thats our top 3 receivers (other than boldin) now out. Hope its not a high ankle sprain. I dont like how this year is starting, too many starters hurt.
    Well, the Dolphins just released Chad Johnson....

Blog Entries

and Torrey returned to practice yesterday.

So no thanks to Ocho-stinko...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    and Torrey returned to practice yesterday.

So no thanks to Ocho-stinko...
    I've always had a thing for Chad. A bit of a clown but I'd like to see what he could do here.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    I've always had a thing for Chad. A bit of a clown but I'd like to see what he could do here.

Once upon a time, I could have lived with him too--if only to peel the double-team off of Mase--but he's definitely not needed nor does he fit our team culture. Moreover, he hasn't been a productive WR since 2009.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post

He's a cancer to a team. He is hilarious though. I'm kind of disappointed that he won't be on hard knocks anymore.

I went to the practice yesterday and Torrey would clearly limp after running a route. I don't understand why he would even be practicing, by the sound of it, it's a minor injury that could be healed by sitting out a week. Participation in a few training camp practices isn't worth a lingering injury that affects his season.

Quote Originally Posted by ccoolahan14 View Post
    I went to the practice yesterday and Torrey would clearly limp after running a route. I don't understand why he would even be practicing, by the sound of it, it's a minor injury that could be healed by sitting out a week. Participation in a few training camp practices isn't worth a lingering injury that affects his season.
    I remember reading that we was walking and running without a limp and his ankle injury was more or a tweak or twist than anything.

I would rest him for two days then practice him on Wed or thu to get ready for Detroit.

They would not let him practice or even finish practice if he was showing a limp after running a route.

Glad to hear that Torrey was out there with the sprain. I remember the play and it looked like his own doing when he got tripped up by the Falcons player and was running down the sideline while falling down.

I hope this doesn't linger and I don't want him to get a injury label. Remember last year after a couple of passes that he would hit the ground and get up limping? I'm not saying there is an issue because the kid is tough for playing with a hernia last year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Well, the Dolphins just released Chad Johnson....
    Lol...we would be better off bringing Evans back.

Sounds like Torrey is ok...here is to hoping a speedy recovery for dickson and pitta.

From Jamison Hensley today:

"Wide receiver Torrey Smith continued to go hard despite favoring his sprained ankle, which he injured in the preseason opener. Harbaugh had to pull a determined Smith from practice, saying, "He'll go until his heart explodes."

Like I said earlier, I saw him limping at practice yesterday (I'm not sure why this was so hard to believe, but apparently it was).

If the docs have said he can't hurt it worse by running on it, then good on Torrey for gutting it out.

If they said he could reaggravate it then I promise you he would have been held out.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron