Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Results 97 to 108 of 481
  1. #97

    Re: Tucker hitting "extreme angle" field goals from "slidelines"



    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    So, it's kind of a wash in the end. Monetarily speaking, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Overall, yes. Although, it could have a negative impact on next year's Cap if they aren't able to carry enough over the cover the dead money.

    In the long run, if Tucker proves worthy, it's to the Ravens favor because he'll be far cheaper playing under a minmium salary deal over the next 4 years than Cundiff and his contract.
    To follow up on this in greater detail:

    http://www.ravens24x7.com/columns/Th...st-him-his-job
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

    Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap





  2. #98
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    9,995
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Tucker hitting "extreme angle" field goals from "slidelines"

    For a guy who doesn't understand stats, Ravor does pretty good with the CAP. He's
    this and other board's cap guru and has been on the radio.

    I'd say he undersands well.
    Pic of a natural act: UBER RAVENS FAN!




  3. #99

    Re: Tucker hitting "extreme angle" field goals from "slidelines"

    Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    sigh...

    So, it's pretty clear you really don't understand statistics. Like, at all.

    Cundiff went 27/31 (87.1%) from inside 50 yards last year, which is good for 13th on your list. If he made one more, he'd have been 90.3%, or 8th. If he'd have missed one more, he'd have been 83.9%, or 22nd.

    No, that's not enough statistical data. For me, or for anyone. You cannot take one year and extrapolate whether or not a guy is an average player in the NFL when he's got eight other years of history. You especially can't do it by deciding you're going to just not include one of the major aspects of the game in which he is an absolutely dreadful player.

    If you said "Cundiff was an average kicker in 2011 from inside 50 yards," then you would have an argument. If that's what you meant to say, then you should have said that. But you didn't.

    What you in fact said was, "I believe we broke this down before and if you take out 50+ yarders hes actually above average for his career." And, as I've shown, he is definitively not. So don't get pissy with me that I don't know what I'm talking about when:
    a) you're wrong, and
    b) you don't even remember what you were attempting to argue in the first place.

    - C -
    So when looking at all your data you dont notice that something stands out the last two years when removing 50+ yarders (which was the sole reason for bringing up the previous thread, hes not good at them)? Because the last two years are nearly 40% (2011 is 23% alone) of his attempts for his career and it says the complete opposite of what you are while also being the most recent information we have.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 08-14-2012 at 06:17 AM.
    -JAB




  4. #100
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    23,028
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Tucker hitting "extreme angle" field goals from "slidelines"

    Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    To follow up on this in greater detail:

    http://www.ravens24x7.com/columns/Th...st-him-his-job
    To me, it's a no brainer.

    Tucker has outperformed Cundiff all pre-season in the same situations that Cundiff is kicking in as well. Considering that (like you said) Tucker could be signed for 4-5 years for a fraction of what Cundiff's deal was for and likely outperform anything Cundiff can do...makes sense to me.

    Hopefully the Ravens' brass will see it that way.
    When it comes to quarterbacks, don't pay attention to stats; pay attention to guys who make crucial plays at crucial times. -Gil Brandt


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/




  5. #101

    Re: Tucker hitting "extreme angle" field goals from "slidelines"

    Stover was the man, but lost leg strength and could not make the kicks beyond 50. However, inside 40-45, he was still money. They get rid of him for Hauschka, who had the leg, but did not perform well under the pressure and it really started with that game in Minnesota, where we all left saying, 'Stover would have made that kick'. Then, Billy Cundiff arrives and covers up a lot of weak spots with the coverage teams, by kicking a lot of touchbacks. However, at the end of the day, he couldn't make it from 50+ any better than the aged Stover.

    So, why keep him when A.) You know he's not any better from 50 and B.) His confidence is gone, to the point that a hot shot rookie, oozing confidence mind you, is coming for him?
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  6. #102
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,380
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Tucker hitting "extreme angle" field goals from "slidelines"

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Stover was the man, but lost leg strength and could not make the kicks beyond 50. However, inside 40-45, he was still money. They get rid of him for Hauschka, who had the leg, but did not perform well under the pressure and it really started with that game in Minnesota, where we all left saying, 'Stover would have made that kick'. Then, Billy Cundiff arrives and covers up a lot of weak spots with the coverage teams, by kicking a lot of touchbacks. However, at the end of the day, he couldn't make it from 50+ any better than the aged Stover.

    So, why keep him when A.) You know he's not any better from 50 and B.) His confidence is gone, to the point that a hot shot rookie, oozing confidence mind you, is coming for him?
    There is no reason to keep Cundiff at this point. He can't even make the kicks in practice with Tucker gunning for him.




  7. #103

    Re: Tucker hitting "extreme angle" field goals from "slidelines"

    I dont think theres much argument that Tucker has done everything he needs to or could have done to win this job. 62 yards speaks for itself. what are the overall FGM/FGA so far? i know hes missed a few now, but im only thinking its around 3, where Cundiff has missed that many in 1 week.
    -JAB




  8. #104

    Re: Tucker hitting "extreme angle" field goals from "slidelines"

    Keep in mind that this guy has made some big kicks of his own at Texas.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  9. #105

    Re: Tucker hitting "extreme angle" field goals from "slidelines"

    75% and misses big kicks? There are a ton of those guys out there.

    I'd like to give Tucker a shot if he keeps it up.

    If Tucker doesn't work out, I'd imagine Cundiff will likely still be on the market later in the season. Or Shane Graham, Ryhs Lloyd, Dave Rayner, Nick Folk/Josh Brown etc. etc.




  10. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Balmer Merlin Hon
    Posts
    2,582
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Tucker hitting "extreme angle" field goals from "slidelines"

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    For a guy who doesn't understand stats, Ravor does pretty good with the CAP. He's
    this and other board's cap guru and has been on the radio.

    I'd say he unders[t]ands well.
    And you would have no basis for "saying" that. Statistical inference & financial "capology" are completely different disciplines that (beyond basic arithmetic) demand a complete different skill set.

    I know this from poisonal experience: I happen to be a pretty damn good research statistician (even if I have to say it myself), but financial stuff I know from nothing. Otherwise right now I'd probably be wandering down the Champs-Elysee & considering what tropical paradise I want to winter in rather than hanging on a sports blog...




  11. #107
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,044

    Re: Tucker hitting "extreme angle" field goals from "slidelines"

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Keep in mind that this guy has made some big kicks of his own at Texas.
    Yeah I'm all for Tucker at this point. I never want to see Cundiff make another kick in a Raven uniform again. Let's go for the young gun.




  12. #108

    Re: Tucker hitting "extreme angle" field goals from "slidelines"

    As reported on the fan tis morning,
    up to this point:
    Cundiff 68/82 in camp 83%
    Tucker 82/87. 94 %

    Not real close.

    We will see how much loyalty Harbs has when it comes down to 53.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland