Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    Have there been any Pitta sightings - any update on his injury



    Does anybody have an update on Pitta?




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    2,301

    Re: Have there been any Pitta sightings - any update on his injury

    I haven't heard anything new anywhere, but did hear a couple days ago that he still isn't catching passes yet. Last time I saw him he was BFF'in it up with Joe on the sidelines during the Lions game. I think they hang out




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area
    Posts
    2,078

    Re: Have there been any Pitta sightings - any update on his injury

    r-
    Haven't read anything about Pitta, but on a related note, this link says the following about Dickson, FWIW -

    "Good news for the Ravens is that Dickson’s shoulder injury seems to be healing well. After walking around practice last weekend without his shoulder in a sling, Dickson was playing catch with 4th string quarterback Chester Stewart.

    Dickson didn’t appear to have issues catching the ball but did throw it back with his left hand. He may not be able to take a hit right now, but it doesn’t appear that he’ll miss any regular season games."




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,118
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Have there been any Pitta sightings - any update on his injury

    They do, they go round to each others house, there's a reason why they have a good combination in the passing game going right now.

    We need Pitta back ASAP, our offense needs to make those clutch 3rd down conversions.




  5. #5

    Re: Have there been any Pitta sightings - any update on his injury

    Since there are still three weeks remaining before the Ravens opener, Pitta should be back in time for the Bengals game.




  6. #6

    Re: Have there been any Pitta sightings - any update on his injury

    Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    Since there are still three weeks remaining before the Ravens opener, Pitta should be back in time for the Bengals game.
    I agree, the timetable for him was around 3-4 weeks and 4 weeks from the surgury would put him back the week before the cincy game. He should be back practicing in 2 weeks. But he is one of those players who can practice the wed before the game for the first time and still be good to go, he knows the play book and has a good rep with Joe.




  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    4,311
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Have there been any Pitta sightings - any update on his injury

    This might sound crazy and I don't wish injury on anyone. But I am kind of glad Dickson and Pitta will miss all of the preseason. The only things the Ravens are showing right now are what they will do with the wr's and we all know Cam rarely uses a 3rd wideout and a 4 wr set is unheard of once the real season starts. Most of our playbook and plans are staying off video with those two out.




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,118
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Have there been any Pitta sightings - any update on his injury

    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    This might sound crazy and I don't wish injury on anyone. But I am kind of glad Dickson and Pitta will miss all of the preseason. The only things the Ravens are showing right now are what they will do with the wr's and we all know Cam rarely uses a 3rd wideout and a 4 wr set is unheard of once the real season starts. Most of our playbook and plans are staying off video with those two out.
    That's not entirely true, when we had TJ Housh, we used a lot of 3 WR sets. The reasons you didn't see any 3 or 4 WR sets last season was because.

    1. Before 2011, we only had one talented TE who was capable of being a consistent target for Flacco in Todd Heap. So we needed an extra WR who could pull in passes.

    2. There was no one behind Torrey Smith and AnQuan Boldin last season who where probably at the time capable of being a reliable pass catcher as a #3 receiver, yet we had two talented TE's who could both play a presence in the passing game, so there really wasn't a need for a #3 guy.

    The notion that Cam refuses to use 3 WR sets is kind of untrue, because it was only a reality last year.




  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    4,311
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Have there been any Pitta sightings - any update on his injury

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    That's not entirely true, when we had TJ Housh, we used a lot of 3 WR sets. The reasons you didn't see any 3 or 4 WR sets last season was because.

    1. Before 2011, we only had one talented TE who was capable of being a consistent target for Flacco in Todd Heap. So we needed an extra WR who could pull in passes.

    2. There was no one behind Torrey Smith and AnQuan Boldin last season who where probably at the time capable of being a reliable pass catcher as a #3 receiver, yet we had two talented TE's who could both play a presence in the passing game, so there really wasn't a need for a #3 guy.

    The notion that Cam refuses to use 3 WR sets is kind of untrue, because it was only a reality last year.
    Cam's been here 4 years. 2010, imo, was the exception not the rule. I am not going to pretend to have the numbers but I don't recall seeing as many in 2008 or 2009, either.

    Maybe making it seem like Cam is to stubborn to use 3 wr sets is a bit of an exaggeration. And maybe your right, maybe it's because we didn't have the personnel to do it any other year. In any case my point still stand, we don't have a history of making a 3rd wideout a big part of the game plan and with two outstanding pass catchers at TE, I don't really believe that will change a whole bunch this year.




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,118
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Have there been any Pitta sightings - any update on his injury

    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Cam's been here 4 years. 2010, imo, was the exception not the rule. I am not going to pretend to have the numbers but I don't recall seeing as many in 2008 or 2009, either.
    This was because before 2010, we had next to NOBODY outside of D Mason and Todd Heap who where any good as receivers. Infact Rice was more like our #1 receiver in 2009. When you have a RB who catches the ball more than anyone on the roster, you really do have a problem with your WR's.

    Flacco pretty much had one of the worst receiving core to work with in the NFL in his two seasons, it really was just trash outside of Heap, Mason and Rice. You can't blame Cam for refusing to play with 3 WR sets when he doesn't even have more than one decent WR, Mark Clayton was terrible in 08 and 09. Cam doesn't sign free agents, or draft the players, Ozzie is the one who gets the players in, and he just didn't do that until 2010.

    And just adding to that, for all the great players Ozzie has drafted and signed, there is just one position that we have never been good with, and that's the WR position. Hell before Flacco came to town, you could say the same about QB. I don't even know if we have ever drafted a guy who has had a 1k+ receiving season with the Ravens. Things have started to change since 2010, we have really started to enter a new era of Ravens football, we finally drafted a guy in Torrey Smith who so far has looked very promising, and of course the Boldin signing in 2010. We also drafted two TE's with the intention of using a two TE set system, and both are more receiving/explosive type TE's than big blocking bodies who only make catches to move the chains.




  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    4,311
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Have there been any Pitta sightings - any update on his injury

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    This was because before 2010, we had next to NOBODY outside of D Mason and Todd Heap who where any good as receivers. Infact Rice was more like our #1 receiver in 2009. When you have a RB who catches the ball more than anyone on the roster, you really do have a problem with your WR's.

    Flacco pretty much had one of the worst receiving core to work with in the NFL in his two seasons, it really was just trash outside of Heap, Mason and Rice. You can't blame Cam for refusing to play with 3 WR sets when he doesn't even have more than one decent WR, Mark Clayton was terrible in 08 and 09. Cam doesn't sign free agents, or draft the players, Ozzie is the one who gets the players in, and he just didn't do that until 2010.

    And just adding to that, for all the great players Ozzie has drafted and signed, there is just one position that we have never been good with, and that's the WR position. Hell before Flacco came to town, you could say the same about QB. I don't even know if we have ever drafted a guy who has had a 1k+ receiving season with the Ravens. Things have started to change since 2010, we have really started to enter a new era of Ravens football, we finally drafted a guy in Torrey Smith who so far has looked very promising, and of course the Boldin signing in 2010. We also drafted two TE's with the intention of using a two TE set system, and both are more receiving/explosive type TE's than big blocking bodies who only make catches to move the chains.
    I didn't read all that because I am pretty sure I conceded your point when I said....

    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post

    And maybe your right, maybe it's because we didn't have the personnel to do it any other year. In any case my point still stands, we don't have a history of making a 3rd wideout a big part of the game plan and with two outstanding pass catchers at TE, I don't really believe that will change a whole bunch this year.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland