Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 14
  1. #1
    Americanmade2012 Guest

    Orioles tied for first place!



    I am just so proud of this team and have proven a lot of doubters wrong and now here it is Sep 4th and we are tied for first!





  2. #2

    Re: Orioles tied for first place!

    It seems unreal. The Sheriff is hotter than a bonfire right now, and they're playing very good baseball overall. The bats are coming around, and it seems whoever Buck runs out there to start a game keeps the game close or shuts the other team down.

    Not only are they in first place in Sep. for the first time since '97, a sweep of the Jays coupled with the Rays sweeping the Yankees sets them up great for the home series against the Yanks. Take 2 of three there, and they start the stretch run with a three game lead for the Division title.

    Who coulda thunk it back in April?

    Going into tonight, with 28 games left, the Orioles were in position to win at least 89 games just by playing .500 ball. If Buck can keep them playing at this level, we've a good chance to have a 90+ win team.




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    baltimore
    Posts
    2,558
    First! Fucking! Place!
    I'm so damn excited for the Orioles I can't see straight. Even with the rough patch in June and July they kept fighting. This team has no quit and a ton of heart!
    Let's sweep the Jays tomorrow and take our home stadium back over against the MF Yankees!!!!

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2




  4. #4
    Americanmade2012 Guest

    Re: Orioles tied for first place!

    Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    It seems unreal. The Sheriff is hotter than a bonfire right now, and they're playing very good baseball overall. The bats are coming around, and it seems whoever Buck runs out there to start a game keeps the game close or shuts the other team down.

    Not only are they in first place in Sep. for the first time since '97, a sweep of the Jays coupled with the Rays sweeping the Yankees sets them up great for the home series against the Yanks. Take 2 of three there, and they start the stretch run with a three game lead for the Division title.

    Who coulda thunk it back in April?

    Going into tonight, with 28 games left, the Orioles were in position to win at least 89 games just by playing .500 ball. If Buck can keep them playing at this level, we've a good chance to have a 90+ win team.
    I believe it is four games against the yankees but I agree completely take at least three of four




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    23,096
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Orioles tied for first place!

    I'm still in awe that 90+ games is a very realistic scenario for the O's.
    When it comes to quarterbacks, don't pay attention to stats; pay attention to guys who make crucial plays at crucial times. -Gil Brandt


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Harford County
    Posts
    316

    Re: Orioles tied for first place!

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'm still in awe that 90+ games is a very realistic scenario for the O's.
    Yeah, even in the middle of last month I was thinking how great it was going to be to win 84 or 85 games. Now 90 looks doable.

    Go O's!




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Olney, MD (Baltimore native)
    Posts
    236

    Re: Orioles tied for first place!

    You have to trust Showalter that he knows best, but I am worried that he is starting Hammel on Thursday against the Yankees instead of Gonzales. Hammel hasn't pitched for this team in 6 weeks while Gonzales has been pitching 'lights out' including a great outing in New York last weekend (great composure). I was hoping Hammel would get his first start against Toronto tonight while giving Gonzales one more day between starts.




  8. #8

    Re: Orioles tied for first place!

    Haven't been on here in quite sometime. Still posting over on the sun.....Had to swing by and say how much I'm enjoying the Oriole run. It's been awhile. No matter what happens....it's been fun.




  9. #9

    Re: Orioles tied for first place!

    Quote Originally Posted by Americanmade2012 View Post
    I believe it is four games against the yankees but I agree completely take at least three of four
    You're right.

    It's amazing that they control their own destiny to such a considerable degree to win the division after the last 14 years.




  10. #10

    Re: Orioles tied for first place!

    whoa,
    I didn't know there was a oriole forum here.
    Orange and purple,
    go O's.




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    baltimore
    Posts
    2,558
    How about them fucking Orioles tonight?!?!? This team keeps finding away!!!

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2




  12. #12

    Re: Orioles tied for first place!

    Teagarden with a 2 run double in the bottom of the 7th to give the O's the lead.
    Who would have thunk it?
    Hope they hold on for the win.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland