Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 132
  1. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    2,663

    Re: Osemele to start at tackle on Monday night



    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Also, can those who think Williams had such a bad offseason point out to me where Williams actually played badly, apart from the Atlanta game, because from what I seen, he was pretty solid.
    So was McKinnie.. None was worse than the other




  2. #38

    Re: Osemele to start at tackle on Monday night

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Also, can those who think Williams had such a bad offseason point out to me where Williams actually played badly, apart from the Atlanta game, because from what I seen, he was pretty solid.
    I think he was pretty average. Im not saying mckinnie is great but i think hes better than williams. He also had his ankle swell up and missed some time. If thats an ongoing issue it could cause continuity problems and shuffling of positions again as Ko would go back inside and mckinnie start anyway. Also if an already pretty average guy is playing hurt what the chances hes still average production?
    -JAB




  3. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,120
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Osemele to start at tackle on Monday night

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I think he was pretty average. Im not saying mckinnie is great but i think hes better than williams. He also had his ankle swell up and missed some time. If thats an ongoing issue it could cause continuity problems and shuffling of positions again as Ko would go back inside and mckinnie start anyway. Also if an already pretty average guy is playing hurt what the chances hes still average production?
    McKinnie had a bad game vs the Jags, Williams did not, I'm not seeing how McKinnie had even close to a good camp.

    Showed up over weight, and was 3 days late to TC to party in Miami.

    Couldn't break into the starting line up in TC even before the pre season games started.

    Came in and looked good against Atlantas third stringers.

    Started the second half vs the Lions second stringers, and looked OK, but messed up on some run blocking assignments.

    Finally got into the first team when Yanda went down for the Jags game. Looked awful and gave up two sacks. Looked terrible as a run blocker.

    He then proceeded to take to twitter to tell the world that he was off the team because the Ravens wanted to cut his pay.

    Yeah, that sounds like a good camp to me...

    Bobbie Williams on the other hand, lost 20 lbs, and apart from one bad game vs the Falcons. He looked good against the Jags, and pulled from the left guard position pretty well. I watched on coaches tape, one of Rices runs, he sealed off a nice block against Mincey. Williams kept his head down, and has worked hard to earn his spot on the starting team, McKinnie has not.

    Coaches know better than us at the end of the day though, lets wait and see on Monday if they are right.




  4. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    2,663

    Re: Osemele to start at tackle on Monday night

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    McKinnie had a bad game vs the Jags, Williams did not, I'm not seeing how McKinnie had even close to a good camp.

    Showed up over weight, and was 3 days late to TC to party in Miami.

    Couldn't break into the starting line up in TC even before the pre season games started.

    Came in and looked good against Atlantas third stringers.

    Started the second half vs the Lions second stringers, and looked OK, but messed up on some run blocking assignments.

    Finally got into the first team when Yanda went down for the Jags game. Looked awful and gave up two sacks. Looked terrible as a run blocker.

    He then proceeded to take to twitter to tell the world that he was off the team because the Ravens wanted to cut his pay.

    Yeah, that sounds like a good camp to me...

    Bobbie Williams on the other hand, lost 20 lbs, and apart from one bad game vs the Falcons. He looked good against the Jags, and pulled from the left guard position pretty well. I watched on coaches tape, one of Rices runs, he sealed off a nice block against Mincey. Williams kept his head down, and has worked hard to earn his spot on the starting team, McKinnie has not.

    Coaches know better than us at the end of the day though, lets wait and see on Monday if they are right.
    My coaches film doesn't work yet, how'd you use it




  5. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,593
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Osemele to start at tackle on Monday night

    KO has played his way on the field. McKinnie has not.




  6. #42

    Re: Osemele to start at tackle on Monday night

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I told everyone here that Oher outplayed McKinnie. I wasn't the only one who saw that either.

    Listen guys, it's not that McKinnie CANT beat out Oher for the LT position, it's just that he DIDNT and ISNT. He's not in good shape and they're planning on running a lot more no huddle offense with quick snap counts. They need guys out there who are in good shape and can keep up. Even though Bobby Williams is older, he's not in bad shape. IIRC he lost like 20lbs or something coming into pre-season camp back in August.

    Finally, it is about who the best 5 offensive lineman are. McKinnie is no longer in that group. Can he regain the starting LT position? Absolutely, but my money is on him just sitting back and collecting a pay check. He doesn't care about winning - he never did - and he doesn't ever really put 100% into the game, so you could probably argue that the only real reason he continues to play is because it is easy money for him.

    Definitely a couple of guys on here who really shit on posters for even suggesting that Oher could start over McKinnie. I'm sure those guys will all claim that the coaching staff doesn't know what they're doing (and they obviously do) and this is going to be a massive failure.

    I disagree though.

    Oher and KO (IMO) is a better combination than McKinnie and Oher.
    I actually agree with a lot of this... basically all of it that doesn't include Oher being able to play LT at the NFL level.
    Joe better get rid of the ball QUICK.
    I can't imagine that this owuld last past the bye week before they realize what everyone most everyone else sees.
    I think it's entirely possible that KO plays well enough to keep the RT spot, but I don't see how Oher can. myabe he will be shifted inside to guard to take Williams off the field, if and when McKinney returns.
    I know Harbs and CO are dead set on proving that Michael Oher is a LT, i jsut don't believe it.


    He did, however, make strides this preseason and outplay McKinnie. I simply think that through the course of several games we will see that was a mirage. I expect a massive penalty total and some serious pressure fcoming from the Blindside.
    Couldn't possibly hope I am wrong more then I do... Because I have a sneaking suspision that Oher will stay at Lt as long as he is physically able, regardless of level of play.




  7. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,120
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Osemele to start at tackle on Monday night

    Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    My coaches film doesn't work yet, how'd you use it
    Did you take out the most expensive option? I have the option where they cover the play offs too... if you go to plays, coaches film option should be at the bottom.

    BTW I re checked it, and it's actually KO who pulls out and seals off a real nice block. But Bobbie Williams looked good at right guard in the first half vs the Jags.




  8. #44

    Re: Osemele to start at tackle on Monday night

    This is about effort. When you have a player that provides top notch consistent effort, you can trust that player and have a better chance of improving any technical issues.

    Peyton Manning has run this sugar huddle offense in Indianapolis with plenty of veterans. However, they are veterans that gave high quality effort, because they took pride in their work.

    What we are underestimating is how poorly conditioned McKinnie is. Just because he came to camp at a lower weight than last year, doesn't mean he even close to the shape that Bobbie Williams is in. McKinnie reported to Minnesota close to 400 pounds. Reporting to the Ravens at around 365-370 may be a victory for McKinnie, but is still nothing compared to the shape and conditioning of his fellow linemen (Yanda, Williams, Oher, Osemele).

    You now have two tackles that will give top notch effort and who can maul in the fourth quarter. They won't have an issue running to either side. Oher's pass protection looks to have improved. He still gives up too much ground at times, before contacting a rusher, but it is certainly better than 2010.

    If you are going to go off of what you saw in 2010, Lardarius Webb wouldn't be a starter.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  9. #45

    Re: Osemele to start at tackle on Monday night

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    McKinnie had a bad game vs the Jags, Williams did not, I'm not seeing how McKinnie had even close to a good camp.

    Showed up over weight, and was 3 days late to TC to party in Miami.

    Couldn't break into the starting line up in TC even before the pre season games started.

    Came in and looked good against Atlantas third stringers.

    Started the second half vs the Lions second stringers, and looked OK, but messed up on some run blocking assignments.

    Finally got into the first team when Yanda went down for the Jags game. Looked awful and gave up two sacks. Looked terrible as a run blocker.

    He then proceeded to take to twitter to tell the world that he was off the team because the Ravens wanted to cut his pay.

    Yeah, that sounds like a good camp to me...

    Bobbie Williams on the other hand, lost 20 lbs, and apart from one bad game vs the Falcons. He looked good against the Jags, and pulled from the left guard position pretty well. I watched on coaches tape, one of Rices runs, he sealed off a nice block against Mincey. Williams kept his head down, and has worked hard to earn his spot on the starting team, McKinnie has not.

    Coaches know better than us at the end of the day though, lets wait and see on Monday if they are right.
    Mckinnie lost 20 Lbs too even though he showed up late and passed his conditioning test on the first try, so i dont see how people keep saying thats an issue. He apparently had one bad game, where he only gave up one sack from what i can find and it was on a stunt and miscommunication with KO, a rookie. If youre going to take away Williams worse game because of playing beside a rookie, why wouldnt you take away the one sack he allowed playing beside a rookie. I know the answer, hes not likable. I dont really like the guy either, and guys like Oher and Williams I certainly do, but I care about whats on the field. McKinnie isnt strong in the run game, i think we can all agree but were going to be passing alot and he is one of the better pass protectors on this team regardless where he stands overall. Like i said, i trust the coaches, if they say this is the best, ill swallow that pill and accept it. IMO, its not, but im also not there everyday and paid to make these decisions. chances are we wont get to see both in action again, unless this one failed or theres an injury, and frankly im not rooting for either, so hopefully we dont find out.

    bryant mckinnies conditioning has improved since he-arrived-at training camp
    -JAB




  10. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,120
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Osemele to start at tackle on Monday night

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I actually agree with a lot of this... basically all of it that doesn't include Oher being able to play LT at the NFL level.
    Joe better get rid of the ball QUICK.
    I can't imagine that this owuld last past the bye week before they realize what everyone most everyone else sees.
    I think it's entirely possible that KO plays well enough to keep the RT spot, but I don't see how Oher can. myabe he will be shifted inside to guard to take Williams off the field, if and when McKinney returns.
    I know Harbs and CO are dead set on proving that Michael Oher is a LT, i jsut don't believe it.


    He did, however, make strides this preseason and outplay McKinnie. I simply think that through the course of several games we will see that was a mirage. I expect a massive penalty total and some serious pressure fcoming from the Blindside.
    Couldn't possibly hope I am wrong more then I do... Because I have a sneaking suspision that Oher will stay at Lt as long as he is physically able, regardless of level of play.
    There have been plenty of left tackles who looked TERRIBLE in their first season starting. I will take Jarred Veldheer as a recent example, he looked like one of the worst tackles in the game, and now he's probably a top left tackle in the league. He was only a 3rd round pick.




  11. #47

    Re: Osemele to start at tackle on Monday night

    Again, McKinnie's conditioning improved by 'McKinnie's' standards. That doesn't mean that he is nearly up to par with the other linemen on the team.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  12. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,120
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Osemele to start at tackle on Monday night

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    stunt and miscommunication with KO, a rookie. If youre going to take away Williams worse game because of playing beside a rookie, why wouldnt you take away the one sack he allowed playing beside a rookie.[/URL]
    Whether he lost that weight or not (it's coming from his mouth only from what I've seen). He was still 360 lbs. 360 lbs for a left tackle in a sugar huddle offense is not going to suffice. Also the rookie example is not a very good one, KO has looked twice the player Gradkowski has in pre season, and it's much harder playing besides an undersized rookie center as a guard that it is playing next to a huge mauler of a guard. Whether it was the fault of KO or not, he is still to blame on that play, if you see a player coming free when your not blocking anyone (which he wasn't) you block him regardless.

    I honestly can't see McKinnie running up and down the field and consistently protecting Flaccos blind spot completion after completion, and still having to run block. At least we will know if Oher can play left tackle or not.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland