Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Goose wanted Bisciotti to choose Rex over Harbs

Harbaugh was exactly what this team needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Looking at it from that perspective, I hereby retract my pissed-offed-ness. Thanks, Rex, for helping the Ravens land Joe Flaco.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Personally, I really, really liked Rex and wanted him to get the job. I still think he would have done really well here.

But Harbaugh has really grown into the job well and Steve made the right choice going with him.

The Ravens would have turned into "Animal House" - just look at the Jets. So when you make this comparison you have to ask yourself - do you want to be the Jets or do you want to be the Ravens. Its an easy choice to make. The Jets are on a fast down hill slide and it won't be too much longer before Rex is coaching somebody's defense.

I love Rex as much as anybody, but as a DC. If next year both Rex and Harbs lost their jobs. Without a doubt Harbs would have another HCing job real quick. Rex would have a DC job but I don't think a HC would come along so quick.

Nothing against Rex - he probably would have done well for us. But I am glad things turned out the way they did - NY seems to enjoy his shenanigans more than we would have, and we got the no nonsense, blue collar coach that better matches our personality.

I continue to think that Rex was the right coach at the right time for the Jets and Harbaugh was the right coach at the right time for the Ravens.

Blog Entries

The owner has to feel comfortable with the head coach. Bisciotti didn't feel comfortable with Rex. That's nothing against Rex as a coach. Harbaugh's personality just fits in better with the owner.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

GOTA--
    I think that's a great point. I often see discussions about "team chemistry", and it tends to feel like it's almost an exclusively player concept. Coaches, trainers....heck, even an owner might figure into that scenario, so it's not a stretch to think that it was at least as important for Bisciotti to have a comfort level with whoever the HC was to be.

The other thing that comes to mind is, Goose was not exactly enamored of having to show up for pre-season training and midsummer heat workouts, and I suspect he felt like having Rex as the HC gave him the best shot at not having to go through a few things!

Blog Entries

If there was one thing that could be taken away from that 9 game losing streak in 2007 it was that this team was the most undisciplined team in football. The Ravens were what the Detroit Lions are right now. You had Haloti Ngata throwing punches in that game vs. Cleveland, then all the whining and crying after we lost in OT in that game, that infamous Bart Scott flag, and during that game Scott and Rolle damn near coming to blows with one of the refs. This team was a loose cannon. And Rex Ryan was a part of the problem.

Rex and his supporters may not agree but I actually think Rex coaching under Harbaugh for a season, made Rex a better coach because it showed him a different way of doing things.

Thank god he didn't. I have come to hate that fat windbag.

You guys realize Billick "lost" the team because of massive injuries and the new coach got a brand new QB and RB, dont you? Whoever the coach was going to be, he was going to do better.