Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 73 to 84 of 90
  1. #73

    Re: 486 Yards of Offense



    The other frustrating part about the team not blitzing Vick more is that, it is well documented that Vick's blitz recognition is not very good. He struggles picking it up, which is why it was so effective when they ran it. .

    However, at the end of the day, the need needs to stay true to what they have on defense: Press CBs, and young rushers who need press CBs.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  2. #74

    Re: 486 Yards of Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    How many Ravens defenses do you know of that blow two different leads, in a road game where the offense actually tops 20 points?
    I guess it depends on your perspective of who blew what.

    The defense got a pick in the end zone, gives the ball back to the offense. Two or three plays later, Flacco is strip-sacked, and the defense can't defend the short field twice. Who blew that? To me, the offense blew it.

    Third quarter, Eagles were shut down the rest of the first half, then Flacco throws a pick and the defense has to defend a short field again. Who blew that? See above for my opinion.

    That accounts for the first 14 points the Iggles put on the board--they batted 100% converting our turnovers into TDs. By contrast, we got 10 points from the four times they gave us the ball.

    Aside from the 14 points they scored on the occasions that the Ravens offense handed them the ball (the TD drives were 15 and 42 yards long, respectively), the rest of the Iggles' day was spent gaining 486-42-15=429 yards of total offense, out of which they only got 10 points. That's frankly an amazing feat of bend-but-don't-break defense right there, in my opinion. Sucks that it wasn't enough on the day...

    Turnovers kill you in general, but they really kill you on the road. Just my opinion...




  3. #75

    Re: 486 Yards of Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    So what specifically would be your game plan for Vick, in terms of pass rush and coverage?
    Well, I would certaintly send more than 3 guys after him. As another poster mentioned, they lost their starting center as well as LT. Why wouldn't you, at least, see how the replacements hold up under some pressure? I'll bet the Eagles were in disbelief when Pees took the foot off the gas with the back up center and LT in the game.




  4. #76

    Re: 486 Yards of Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Well, I would certaintly send more than 3 guys after him. As another poster mentioned, they lost their starting center as well as LT. Why wouldn't you, at least, see how the replacements hold up under some pressure? I'll bet the Eagles were in disbelief when Pees took the foot off the gas with the back up center and LT in the game.
    Rushing 3 really wasn't the main problem since we only rush 3 on 7 out of a possible 34 passing plays. The scheme itself was vanilla though and we certainly didn't attack like we should have




  5. #77

    Re: 486 Yards of Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    Yes. 3 or 4 rushers 26 out of 34 pass plays, for 284 yards.
    Two of their starting linemen go down, leaving only 5 available, 3rd string LT, backup center, and we don't blitz the shit out of them???
    Play our corners up, bring the heat and make Vick make quick decisions.
    I believe the Browns knew enough to pressure Vick.
    Did Pees not know about that?

    There was no adapting on either side of the ball by either coordinator.
    It was the old insane notion of trying the same thing over and over that wasn't working hoping for a different result.
    I literally felt ill the longer I watched this game.
    Yes it was frustrating to watch. It just seem like the Ravens gave Vick to much respect




  6. #78

    Re: 486 Yards of Offense

    They may have only done it seven times, but it seemed like the results of those plays had a huge impact on the game. The only time I think it worked was when Vick threw the pick in the first quarter.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  7. #79

    Re: 486 Yards of Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Rushing 3 really wasn't the main problem since we only rush 3 on 7 out of a possible 34 passing plays. The scheme itself was vanilla though and we certainly didn't attack like we should have
    It was 7 too many. Its like giving Vick a break 20 percent of the time. You need to keep pressuring him and knocking him around.




  8. #80

    Re: 486 Yards of Offense

    The best thing we can do is see how Pees reacts to what was a disappointing defensive effort/gameplan last week.
    If he adjusts and the defense performs then will be willing to file last week under "growing pains"
    If they however get torched by Brady then we need to start worrying.
    Either way a lot of questions for me will be answered on Sunday night. Same goes for the Offense
    A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,
    -Ray Lewis




  9. #81

    Re: 486 Yards of Offense

    FYI, we did send a blitz on the final drive in which Vick broke contain and scrambled for a first down.

    The issue here was not the number of blitzers. It was the types of coverages and positioning of our corners that gave us trouble. Rarely did we play press. We only played press on both corners on the goal line. Corners lined up ten yards off the ball on nearly every snap gave Vick the outside comeback whenever he wanted it.




  10. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    3,381

    Re: 486 Yards of Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    Yes. 3 or 4 rushers 26 out of 34 pass plays, for 284 yards.
    Two of their starting linemen go down, leaving only 5 available, 3rd string LT, backup center, and we don't blitz the shit out of them???
    Play our corners up, bring the heat and make Vick make quick decisions.
    I believe the Browns knew enough to pressure Vick.
    Did Pees not know about that?

    There was no adapting on either side of the ball by either coordinator.
    It was the old insane notion of trying the same thing over and over that wasn't working hoping for a different result.
    I literally felt ill the longer I watched this game.
    Exactly. See Jet game last year. Once Pagano saw backup center was a weakness, he attacked them relentlessly. Pees, on the other hand.....I don't know what he did.




  11. #83
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    4,610
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 486 Yards of Offense

    Dan Mattison Pees.




  12. #84

    Re: 486 Yards of Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Dan Mattison Pees.
    I know Mike Nolan was available would have loved to have seen him come back. He seems to have done a nice job in Atlanta
    That said, lets just give Pees a few more weeks before passing judgement on him. Losing your primary pass rusher and last years DPOY does impact the ease of the transition. If the defense continues to be Vanilla and uninspired over the next few weeks, then it will be time to throw Pees under the bus.
    A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,
    -Ray Lewis




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland