Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162 LastLast
Results 721 to 732 of 739
  1. #721
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    3,225

    Re: Game Thread -- Ravens v. Browns



    On to KC!!! Defense has to get shored up in the next 10 days.




  2. #722
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    25,029
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post

    Fuck off. We've given up 300+ yds passing each of the last 3 weeks. And the offense got 16 whole points at home vs the Browns. Do the math, Einstein.
    I guess as long as the D keeps them out if the end zone...they can rack up as many yards as they want...

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  3. #723

    Re: Game Thread -- Ravens v. Browns

    People throwing in the towel for the Super Bowl...and even playoffs based on this game?

    It's a divisional game people...divisional games are almost ALWAYS tough simply due to familiarity. The Steelers only beat the Browns last year 14-3 (with the last TD with like 2 minutes to go in the game) and 13-9.

    This team has some serious issues with defending the pass...pass rush and coverage. But if our offense can continue to produce, they may be able to make up for it.




  4. #724

    Re: Game Thread -- Ravens v. Browns

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I guess as long as the D keeps them out if the end zone...they can rack up as many yards as they want...

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    They kept Weeden out of the endzone. They have Cassell, R-berger, Romo, Rivers, Schaub and the Manning boys ahead. That's a different story. We better figure something out or we're going to be in trouble.




  5. #725

    Re: Game Thread -- Ravens v. Browns

    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    This is not a Championship team...
    Idiot alert. Idiot alert. Idiot alert.

    This was a classic game of just needing to survive after an emotionally draining game 4 nights ago. These are the type of games that average to above-average teams lose on occasion. Championship caliber teams grind out wins.

    Yet this isn't just a matter of survival as we clearly outplayed them. We had over 80 more yards, more first downs, and fewer turnovers than the Browns. Take away that superhuman effort from Phil Dawson and this game wouldn't have come down to the final drive. Cleveland, aside from their wide receivers, played great. Their O-line and D-line are probably just as good as our and their LBs tackle quite well. They also didn't committhe same dumb penalties over and and over.

    Without Sizzle, we are still one of the top 6-7 teams in the NFL. With him and our revamped offense, we have to be the favorites in the AFC, provided our O-line can avoid these meltdowns.




  6. #726

    Re: Game Thread -- Ravens v. Browns

    The Giants lost twice to a 4-12 team lead by Rex Grossman...I'm sure they had idiot fans saying that they weren't a championship team after those games too (that also goes to prove my point about how tough divisional games are).




  7. #727

    Re: Game Thread -- Ravens v. Browns

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    People throwing in the towel for the Super Bowl...and even playoffs based on this game?

    It's a divisional game people...divisional games are almost ALWAYS tough simply due to familiarity. The Steelers only beat the Browns last year 14-3 (with the last TD with like 2 minutes to go in the game) and 13-9.

    This team has some serious issues with defending the pass...pass rush and coverage. But if our offense can continue to produce, they may be able to make up for it.
    you gotta admit that letting Brandon Wheedon throw for 320yds, inside the Bank, is unprecedented. D picked him off, as expected, but he and Andy Dalton will now have the Ravens D on their home turf next time. It could get fugly!
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.




  8. #728
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    York, PA
    Posts
    22

    Re: Game Thread -- Ravens v. Browns

    Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    They kept Weeden out of the endzone. They have Cassell, R-berger, Romo, Rivers, Schaub and the Manning boys ahead. That's a different story. We better figure something out or we're going to be in trouble.
    Every week presents new and different situations, trying to extrapolate stuff like this hardly ever works. There are things to be concerned about, but 4 games in 18 days is a lot of football to play.

    That being said, we do need to find a pass rush, man it stinks right now.




  9. #729
    Look, ugly but I'll take it.

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2




  10. #730

    Re: Game Thread -- Ravens v. Browns

    This team always makes it interesting. I give the Browns DL credit for keeping it close.
    And that to Carey Williams for making me look good.
    Way Down South in New Orleans




  11. #731
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,524
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    They kept Weeden out of the endzone. They have Cassell, R-berger, Romo, Rivers, Schaub and the Manning boys ahead. That's a different story. We better figure something out or we're going to be in trouble.
    Flacco went toe to toe with Brady he can do it with those other guys


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




  12. #732

    Re: Game Thread -- Ravens v. Browns

    Quote Originally Posted by SC_Raven_Fan View Post
    you gotta admit that letting Brandon Wheedon throw for 320yds, inside the Bank, is unprecedented. D picked him off, as expected, but he and Andy Dalton will now have the Ravens D on their home turf next time. It could get fugly!
    I made a thread about the fact that our pass defense is going to be mediocre/bad all year.

    That doesn't mean that we aren't a really good team. And it's because our offense is going to be able to make up a significant portion of the slack there.

    We are just so used to if our defense isn't lights out, we don't have a chance...most of the elite teams don't have elite defenses...it's just how the NFL is these days. We'd be in trouble if we didn't have the offense we look to have...another game of 430+ yards is big time and will keep us in the top 2-3 in the entire NFL...I don't think we've ever been that high after 4 weeks.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland