Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Paul Kruger's Personal Foul Penalty

Yes, it was a cheap foul because the lineman flopped, but it's still on Kruger.

That's just flat out dumb.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    No big deal. Apparently acting is part of the game, and the Ravens aren't very good at it.
    Yeah, have you watched them in commercials?

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    And after that, give the Olineman an Oscar for the acting job. That was a call worthy of a replacement official at that point in the game.
    Theater is Oscars. TV is Emmies. The folks in the bar I was in last night suggested it was like watching soccer.

Blog Entries

OL are going to keep doing that to our guys as long as they keep reacting. What I'd really like to see is the NFL crack down on those little cheap shoves by the OL. Thomas was holding Kruger's jersey, which was totally unnecessary at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    After the NE game with Mankins drawing retaliation from not one but TWO guys, and then Kruger's penalty last night, Harbaugh needs to spend some time coaching "DO NOT RETALIATE" with these guys.

Or at least how to hide retaliation. I mean, giving a big shove like that after the play, it's pretty clear it'll get called. Do some trash talking and just WALK AWAY!!!!
    You know the best way to retaliate? Beat them during the game.

Blog Entries

IMO the penalty negated Kruger's best game of the year. He had a sack (the Ravens only one) and 2 PDs... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    IMO the penalty negated Kruger's best game of the year. He had a sack (the Ravens only one) and 2 PDs... Bc
    I wouldn't say it negated it. If they had tied it up on the extra play maybe, but they got nothing except some teeth gnashing out of it. Hell, maybe he thought he could get away with it since the game was technically over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    Yeah, have you watched them in commercials?
    So true.

Very sad. Though Ray Lewis has come a long way, and I think Ray Rice may get there one day. Joe Flacco, and I love the guy and he was very warm and personable the one time I actually talked to him, appears to be made out of lumber when he's on tv ads.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Yinzer Steratore did his best to give the Ravens a loss. Cheap call. Much like the hold on Oher late in the game.

Several observations:

(1) I didn't see any improvement over the replacement officials. The play-acting by the Cleveland lineman was blatant. I doubt the replacements would have called it. I, for one, will never give a standing ovation to NFL officials waling on the field. Ravens fans who did so almost got what they deserved.

(2) Kruger is a perfect example of the term "dumb jock". The game is on the line, you dildo! Can't they coach these guys into taking a deep breath, count to five?

(3) It's ashame that Kruger's stupidity offset what was otherwise a great game. #99 was all over the Browns back-field, plus knocking down a sure reception.

(4) Pees = Mattison's blitzing schemes - or lack therof. Kruger had little help. We're going to be in trouble if Pees doesn't get more imaginative.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Actually, I love his line that he wished he was that strong. He'd be
    doing it the entire game.

I have new respect for Kruger the Beast but he would have been run
    out of town faster than Billy Goat if they completed that last hail mary
    but no one mentioned that on that last play Kruger had his hand on
    the QBs jersey as he threw. He almost had another sack so maybe
    he forced that ball out of the end zone.

The announcer said he has to put the ball in the end zone for them
    to have a chance to catch it.

No shit Sherlock.

Maybe Kruger had something to do with that. Anyone notice it?
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 09-28-2012 at 01:20 PM.
    Pic of a natural act: UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU. THE PAST IS NOT DEAD, IN FACT, IT IS NOT EVEN PAST.' WILLIAM FAULKNER.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    OL are going to keep doing that to our guys as long as they keep reacting. What I'd really like to see is the NFL crack down on those little cheap shoves by the OL. Thomas was holding Kruger's jersey, which was totally unnecessary at that point.
    As long as the whistle hasn't blown, I have no problems with OL continuing to block/push.