Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 23 of 23
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    4,409
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Positives from the game



    Short week, tough schedule this teak dug real deep lastnight, you could tell they were tired emotionally from Torreys ordeal and physically but i seen men coming together and putting their faith in each other to overcome a tough game. Thats plenty of positive right there.




  2. #14

    Re: Positives from the game

    Pretty much agree with everything already said.........Joe is improving in looking around and moving the ball to different players. Ray Rice, what can you say? Reminds me of Greg Pruitt. OK, I know y'all don't know he was but he was a baller....
    Way Down South in New Orleans




  3. #15

    Re: Positives from the game

    1. Winning 3/4 vrs decent competition (Browns excluded) in 17 days especially early in the season when surprises can happen is a big positive.

    2. Look we can all get worked up about the Yards against etc but at the end of the day the D scored as many TD's as the Browns did. Outside of that you had 3 50yrd of greaterFG's against. I will take that effort from them any day.

    3. McClellan, Smith, Boldin, Pierce, Upshaw all played very well. Carey Williams was not great but made a big play

    4. Heloti Ngata - He had a really good game. Was disruptive, got pressure, stout on the run. Not sure how much more you can expect. Deserves some love.

    5. Flacco- Thought the DB interception in the endzone was just a case of Joe making a bad decision but also give credit to the DB ...someone was watching the tape. I thought Joe showed maturity though in using that to his advantage and finding Torrey in the middle of the endzone next time down. Overall he had a good game and moved the offense considering he was under a fair amount of pressure thanks to a not so stellar Oline effort.

    6. A win, 10 days off and the Chiefs next...
    A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,
    -Ray Lewis




  4. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Arbutus
    Posts
    1,227

    Re: Positives from the game

    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Short week, tough schedule this teak dug real deep lastnight, you could tell they were tired emotionally from Torreys ordeal and physically but i seen men coming together and putting their faith in each other to overcome a tough game. Thats plenty of positive right there.
    4 games in 18 days obviously took it's toll, but think of what it does for their conditioning now that they have a 10 day rest. They heal up and they're gonna be tough as nails!




  5. #17

    Re: Positives from the game

    Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    I loved how Joe threw passes to receivers that weren't really 'open'. Let's face it, Boldin can be covered well by any average DB now, but Q will go up and get if its near him. Joe had the confidence and pinpoint accuracy to throw some of those tough passes last nite. Those 'elite' (f---in hate that term now) guys like Peyton, Brady, & Brees are legendary b/c of them. If he continues to throw them, we gotta expect a few DBs to make a great play on it with an INT. So if Joe throws a pick on a pass to a well-covered receiver, let's not jump to conclusion that Joe has regressed, Joe Sucks... yada yada yada.... Hell, it may even cost us a game. Ultimately, I think the Ravens finally realize that they have to outscore teams simply b/c the defense is just average at best. Joe is going to have to make some of those risky passes in order to win and I really like what I saw last nite.
    I think we need to drop Broncos-Peyton from this "elite" category. I want Joe wayyyy before I want 2012 Peyton Manning. That's not even a remotely difficult decision.




  6. #18

    Re: Positives from the game

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    1. Winning 3/4 vrs decent competition (Browns excluded) in 17 days especially early in the season when surprises can happen is a big positive.

    2. Look we can all get worked up about the Yards against etc but at the end of the day the D scored as many TD's as the Browns did. Outside of that you had 3 50yrd of greaterFG's against. I will take that effort from them any day.

    3. McClellan, Smith, Boldin, Pierce, Upshaw all played very well. Carey Williams was not great but made a big play

    4. Heloti Ngata - He had a really good game. Was disruptive, got pressure, stout on the run. Not sure how much more you can expect. Deserves some love.

    5. Flacco- Thought the DB interception in the endzone was just a case of Joe making a bad decision but also give credit to the DB ...someone was watching the tape. I thought Joe showed maturity though in using that to his advantage and finding Torrey in the middle of the endzone next time down. Overall he had a good game and moved the offense considering he was under a fair amount of pressure thanks to a not so stellar Oline effort.

    6. A win, 10 days off and the Chiefs next...
    Good post. Not to nitpick, but the pick was made by a linebacker, and the coverage was disguised impeccably. It looked almost like he was running the defensive equivalent of a wheel route...I'm not sure I've seen anything like it before actually.




  7. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,336
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Positives from the game

    Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    4 games in 18 days obviously took it's toll, but think of what it does for their conditioning now that they have a 10 day rest. They heal up and they're gonna be tough as nails!
    YES, I wouldn't want to be the Chiefs (even in K.C.) facing this Ravens squad on Oct. 7th... Bc




  8. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Olney, MD (Baltimore native)
    Posts
    253

    Re: Positives from the game

    Accomplishments at the quarter-pole (25 % of the season is done already?!!):

    1. Key players are healthy (survived another Thursday game).
    2. Home winning streak intact.
    3. Intradivision winning streak intact.
    4. Hold head-to-head tiebreaker (playoffs seeding) over Patriots (after first regular-season win over them).
    5. Run defense improved.
    6. 3-0 AFC record.

    Have I missed something?




  9. #21

    Re: Positives from the game

    No love above for Kruger? He was our most dominating defender. He got caught with his hand in the cookie jar (very questionable call due to play-acting by Brownie), but immediately atoned on the final play.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).




  10. #22

    Re: Positives from the game

    Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    No love above for Kruger? He was our most dominating defender. He got caught with his hand in the cookie jar (very questionable call due to play-acting by Brownie), but immediately atoned on the final play.
    n NFL rewind i just saw the right tackle move kruger 10 yard off teh ball repeatedly. kruger is fast and can be effective when heruns free but i don't see here e an win a one on one matchup on the LOS.




  11. #23

    Re: Positives from the game

    the positive is winning while upshaw, harewood and the iowa state lineman get more game experience. pierce already looks like he is there.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland