Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: UPDATED PREDICTIONS: With one quarter of our season done, what's our record for the season?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I said 11-5 at the beginning of the year so far my predictions have been correct. Losing to the Eagles and beating the Patriots. I will keep that record prediction, however I changed the Denver game to a win, but the Giants one to a loss, they will end our home unbeaten streak. I think we are still going to have a let down on the road against the Chiefs next week, I just don't trust this team on the road right now with the way the defense is playing. I think apart from the Giants loss, we will be going into the play offs with huge amounts of momentum on an almost unbeaten streak, and will probably get the #3 or possibly #2 seed. I am going all in on a SB win for us though, I really think our defense starts playing lights out with Suggs coming back towards the end of the year, similar to how the Giants played, and Flacco will really elevate his game to an entirely new level in the play offs and truly break out and win his first ring.

AT KC - L
    VS DAL - W
    AT HOU - L (they'll want revenge from last year, and I have a feeling this'll be the most horrible game we have all year)
    AT CLE - W
    VS OAK - W
    AT PIT - L
    AT SD - W
    VS PIT - W
    AT WAS - W
    VS DEN - W
    VS NYG - L
    AT CIN - W
    Great stuff Leach, i agree completely from top to bottom.

Re: UPDATED PREDICTIONS: With one quarter of our season done, what's our record for the season?

Houston might embarass us. I originally thought that the Cowboy's game would be an easy victory, but after watching our defense for the first 4 games, I'm thinking that Romo could really hurt us. I see losses in Pittsburgh, cleveland, San diego, and Cincy. I'd say our record will be at best 9-7. Eli could tear up our defense, so maybe 8-8.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jay D83 View Post
    I'm saying 13-3

AT KC - W
    VS DAL - W
    AT HOU - L (they'll want revenge from last year, and I have a feeling this'll be the most horrible game we have all year)
    AT CLE - W
    VS OAK - W
    AT PIT - W
    AT SD - L (a very close game after starting out flat, but in the end, still end up with the L)
    VS PIT - W
    AT WAS - W
    VS DEN - W (Sizzle will have a field day and the Ravens FINALLY beat the snot out of poor Peyton)
    VS NYG - W (I don't think they'll have much to play for at this point)
    AT CIN - W (This will probably be a close one, but we win in a shootout 34-31)
    Same record but I disagree with which games we will lose. I've got us dropping atleast one to Pitt and/or Cinci. I am not ready to say we'll lose to Houston either. We are to the Texans what the Pats were to us. They have never beaten us. I think the Ravens can keep that streak going. I also don't see us losing to SD. I look at trends and we tend to go back and forth with SD. Since 2006, no team has won two in a row in that series. SD won last year, its our turn this year.

12-4 with 11-5 a possibility. No way this team goes 8-8. Just no way. We will control this division again.

@KC - Win
    Dallas - Win (Romo coming in here and winning? BWAHAHAHAHA)
    @Houston - Loss
    @Cleveland - Win
    Oakland - Win
    @Pitt - Loss maybe
    @San Diego - Win
    Pitt - Win
    @Wash - Win
    Denver - Win
    NYG - Loss
    @Cincy - Win

I only see New York beating us at home, but we took care of New England here. Pittsburgh is not that good this year, but I can see us splitting with them. Cleveland can't beat us on their QB's best day. San Diego is phony as usual.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Houston might embarass us. I originally thought that the Cowboy's game would be an easy victory, but after watching our defense for the first 4 games, I'm thinking that Romo could really hurt us. I see losses in Pittsburgh, cleveland, San diego, and Cincy. I'd say our record will be at best 9-7. Eli could tear up our defense, so maybe 8-8.
    That makes no sense at all.

So you'd take Tony Romo over Tom Brady? Brady passed for over 300 yards on our defense, but we still came out with a win because of Flacco and the offense, are you forgetting about that other side of the ball?

I don't get why everyone thinks we're going to lose on the road vs Cleveland either, we always come out with a win even if it is an ugly one.

Blog Entries

I want to say 10-6 because I just haven't really been too thrilled with how they've played, but looking at the schedule I'm struggling to find 5 more losses at this point. I would estimate a loss @Pitt, @Houston, and @SD. To go 10-6, they'd have to lose a game, possibly two, at home, and I don't see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    That makes no sense at all.

So you'd take Tony Romo over Tom Brady? Brady passed for over 300 yards on our defense, but we still came out with a win because of Flacco and the offense, are you forgetting about that other side of the ball?

I don't get why everyone thinks we're going to lose on the road vs Cleveland either, we always come out with a win even if it is an ugly one.
    Well, we've seen that our defense cant stop anyone, so for us to win we will have to have a huge game from our offense. This means that our season is pretty much in Cam Cameron's hands, which scares me. I think that with Flacco, Rice, Smith, and Boldin, we have the talent to match anyone in the league offensively, however, we do have that offensive line to worry about as well as our offensive coordinator.

Dallas has a pretty good running game to go along with their passing game, which the Patriots don't. They will, in my opinion, be even harder to defend. Brady is much better than Romo, but I think Dallas has more weapons on offense.

Hopefully, I'm wrong and we win 11 or 12 games. I just don't know if we can continue to light it up offensively. Bad coaching cost us the Philly game, so how many more of those type games are we going to see?

I thought we'd lose to NE and gladly wrong, but still think it'll be about 11-5. That said, if we go into the halfway stage with no losses or maybe one more, then the Ravens are in a really good place. Then have to revise it upwards - we won't lose all four games to Denver, NYG, @Pit and @SD. The D should also get better as the weather gets colder.

11-5 should be good enough for the division, anyway. Cincinnati have a relatively benign run into the bye, but this next four weeks will set up their season - @JAC, MIA, @CLE, PIT. They could possibly afford to lose one of those, but not two. They could well lose their last three games (at Philly, at Pittsburgh and Baltimore) and still have to play both Manning brothers.

You could easily see the Steelers picking up four more losses. They could well be 4-5 by the time the Ravens play them first.
    Last edited by Tyrian; 09-29-2012 at 12:48 PM.