Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 49 to 60 of 214
  1. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,100

    Re: Suggs on Track for Return This Season



    Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    November 18th is 6.5 months from surgery, that is the Pittsburgh game where other seem to think he will be back by ready to go.
    Is that your over/under...?

    I'll take the over and say the second Pittsburgh game.

    $50 to the charity of the winners choice, post a screen shot of the donation receipt on this thread?
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  2. #50

    Re: Suggs on Track for Return This Season

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Is that your over/under...?

    I'll take the over and say the second Pittsburgh game.

    $50 to the charity of the winners choice, post a screen shot of the donation receipt on this thread?
    That would be Dec 2, which is pretty darn close to what I originally said. If you want to go that far into the season he has to start and play more than 80% of defensive snaps(if he starts he should play 100%, he never comes off field), not just make an appearance. If that is good you got a deal.

    And I am young hard working average guy, I'm not in a position to give anything to charity because I don't have it to give. I have a mortgage to pay, and tons of other bills. Maybe one day when I am debt free that will happen but right now it isn't.




  3. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,100

    Re: Suggs on Track for Return This Season

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    That would be Dec 2, which is pretty darn close to what I originally said. If you want to go that far into the season he has to start and play more than 80% of defensive snaps(if he starts he should play 100%, he never comes off field), not just make an appearance. If that is good you got a deal.

    And I am young hard working average guy, I'm not in a position to give anything to charity because I don't have it to give. I have a mortgage to pay, and tons of other bills. Maybe one day when I am debt free that will happen but right now it isn't.
    Man... this is just getting to convoluted.

    I'll say San Deigo at the latest. If you're interested but not in a position to bet money, than we'll just do a thread with the title of the winners choice.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  4. #52

    Re: Suggs on Track for Return This Season

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Man... this is just getting to convoluted.

    I'll say San Deigo at the latest. If you're interested but not in a position to bet money, than we'll just do a thread with the title of the winners choice.
    OK all he has to play is one snap in SD and we got a deal.

    And I never said I wasn't in a position to bet money, just not give it away if I win. $50 is fine, thread for winner...whatever.




  5. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,100

    Re: Suggs on Track for Return This Season

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    OK all he has to play is one snap in SD and we got a deal.

    And I never said I wasn't in a position to bet money, just not give it away if I win. $50 is fine, thread for winner...whatever.
    Well if you lose you'd be giving it away

    I picked a charity cause we could bet a million internet dollars and never ever see them, but it's easy to prove a donation has been made by doing a screen shot of an online donation.

    Up to you, doesn't matter, but well just say he plays at least one snap on or before the San Deigo game.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  6. #54
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: Suggs on Track for Return This Season

    sounds like a fair offer!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    No, straight up, Suggs could get knocked out on another injury or the staff might hold him back. Put up or shut up.





  7. #55

    Re: Suggs on Track for Return This Season

    Children, jesus.Bottom line is this, the REPAIED unit is stronger than the original supposedly. So WHY shouldn't he be back by the first Squeelers game? just because the INTERNET says so? Who was the last football player documented that had said surgery, AND only a partial tear, and everything the EXACT same? How LONG ago was it?

    kaiser permantae or whomever didn't develop something new since than? Or scientists haven't figured anything out since than? really this argument is like saying everyone dies from cancer cause the internet said they did 10 years ago.

    Everyone, myself included who sits only 3 rows from the field, has seen Suggs bouncing around and running back and forth and pumping his teammates up for the past 2 homegames. What waterheaded retard reporter who might have glanced in his direction for a split second see's who knows. Everyone knows the media is about useless. But I swear if they would've let him the game thursday he would've thrown on pads and ran out there. I FULLY believe, just from seeing him and him talking, that he'll be back sooner than the person who had the SAME exact thing 5 years ago and documented was.




  8. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,180
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Suggs on Track for Return This Season

    Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Children, jesus.Bottom line is this, the REPAIED unit is stronger than the original supposedly. So WHY shouldn't he be back by the first Squeelers game? just because the INTERNET says so? Who was the last football player documented that had said surgery, AND only a partial tear, and everything the EXACT same? How LONG ago was it?

    kaiser permantae or whomever didn't develop something new since than? Or scientists haven't figured anything out since than? really this argument is like saying everyone dies from cancer cause the internet said they did 10 years ago.

    Everyone, myself included who sits only 3 rows from the field, has seen Suggs bouncing around and running back and forth and pumping his teammates up for the past 2 homegames. What waterheaded retard reporter who might have glanced in his direction for a split second see's who knows. Everyone knows the media is about useless. But I swear if they would've let him the game thursday he would've thrown on pads and ran out there. I FULLY believe, just from seeing him and him talking, that he'll be back sooner than the person who had the SAME exact thing 5 years ago and documented was.
    not sure how someone could tell us what our own f'n eye's seen. He know's his status, his coaches know his status, and they say he'll be back so why would I believe otherwise.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"





  9. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    1,740
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Suggs on Track for Return This Season

    This thread is hilarious. People really getting that heated over trying to be right about when the man is coming back. Bottom line is that nobody here is close enough to Suggs or the Ravens to know where he is in his rehabilitation or how close/far he is from playing.

    We can talk all we want about past history of the injury but when you are dealing with an elite athlete and body, with the advancements in medicine, there is no telling what could happen. Nobody - nobody - thought Terrell Owens was playing in SB XXXIX after breaking his leg and tearing a critical ligament in his ankle, but he did. Carson Palmer had a catastrophic knee injury that people said could end his career after it happened, he was playing opening day the next season.

    These are different situations, of course, but just examples of crazy things that have happened when dealing with NFL athletes.

    I will say is that I have been at all three games too and Suggs was not limping whatsoever at any of them. There is a clear difference in being able to walk without a limp and being able to play in an NFL game, but this guy who I've never heard of claiming he was limping is 100% incorrect.




  10. #58

    Re: Suggs on Track for Return This Season

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Well if you lose you'd be giving it away

    I picked a charity cause we could bet a million internet dollars and never ever see them, but it's easy to prove a donation has been made by doing a screen shot of an online donation.

    Up to you, doesn't matter, but well just say he plays at least one snap on or before the San Deigo game.
    I won't be losing, and I will be more than happy to post a screenshot of a paypal transfer or whatever. I'm not hard to find, and am a man of my word. A few people on here know me/have been to games with me.

    So we have a deal, $50 San Diego game, one snap.

    I hope to God I pay you that $50 and lose, because we will have all witnessed a miracle and the Ravens will have a better shot of winning it all. I would LOVE to be wrong if it means the Ravens have better chance of winning.

    Capn Silver, you want $50 I will give you one snap vs Pitt being that it is a week earlier. So you win, no reason to back out now.

    Anyone else wants it (1st Pitt game) step on up.

    And I am still waiting for ONE example of an athlete who has come back from achilles surgery in less thasn 8 months. ArnieUK has tucked tail and ran because he knows after checking the other thread that I am right about that statement, because it is factually accurate and I linked him to the story that backs up my "garbage" assertion as he called it.




  11. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    24,199
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Suggs on Track for Return This Season

    David Beckham suffered a full achilles tear, had surgery on March 15th or 2010, and played as a substitute on 11 September of 2010 at the 70th minute mark against Columbus. Less than 6 months. A few weeks later he scored a goal in a win over Chivas and on October 24th he scored his second goal of the 2010/2011 season.

    Here is the free kick against Chivas on October 3rd of 2010...which would be just under 7 months.



    So, obviously it CAN be done and really depends on the person, the rehab, and the severity of the injury. Now, David Beckham had a FULL tear. As in, completely severed. Suggs - reportedly - only had a partial tear up near his calf. That could make a pretty significant difference.
    Last edited by wickedsolo; 10-02-2012 at 05:49 PM.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  12. #60

    Re: Suggs on Track for Return This Season

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    .
    And I am still waiting for ONE example of an athlete who has come back from achilles surgery in less thasn 8 months.
    What was the story with hockey player Justin Williams?
    I think he was back on the ice in less than 4 months.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland