Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 120
  1. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,075


    Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Whats crazy talk? That the Texans are better than the Chiefs by a significant margin? There's nothing he said that was wrong, UNLESS Shaub is somehow not playing/taken out of the game.
    The idea that you can draw conclusions about how two teams will match up based on how one team matched up against a different team is what makes no sense.

    For example, do you think Jacksonville was better than Pitt last year?

    If not, then how come we struggled against them but swept Pitt? Clearly we should have lost to every team that was as good or better than Jacksonville.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  2. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    4,773
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Well it was ugly, but we got it done, 4-1

    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    The idea that you can draw conclusions about how two teams will match up based on how one team matched up against a different team is what makes no sense.

    For example, do you think Jacksonville was better than Pitt last year?

    If not, then how come we struggled against them but swept Pitt? Clearly we should have lost to every team that was as good or better than Jacksonville.
    The Jacksonville loss I chalk up to the 1-2 games Cam Cameron will lose for us a year. If we're gonna live in the past can I also say last years defense is better than last years at this point? It goes both ways.

    My point is I don't think the Texans make the same mistakes the Chiefs do and based on record alone, they are the better team. Do you think we'll get the luck of not having the Flacco fumble count against us because the ref made a BS (IMO) call?

    I'm just looking at the game realistically and hoping for a win but wouldn't be surprised in the least if they lost, thats all.




  3. #39
    I'm not completely convinced we go into Texas and get destroyed either. Let's not forget Texas played really one "good" team in Denver this year. They are going to be 5-0 because they happen to be playing the Jets tonight.

    I'm not ready to give up on this game yet.

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2




  4. #40

    Re: Well it was ugly, but we got it done, 4-1

    All I can say is it's a good thing for those penalties against the Chiefs. The yellow laundry saved our asses out there today.

    With that and the non-fumble by Flacco, if I was a Chiefs fan, I might think the refs took 2 scores away from us there.




  5. #41

    Re: Well it was ugly, but we got it done, 4-1

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Sounds like if they play like today they force 4 turnovers and don't let the Texans score any touchdowns. I don't see how they get blown out if the opposition cannot score touchdowns.

    See how this works?

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    no.
    I'm talking offense in particular. The defense putting up a showing like that is an anomaly these days, but the offense has stunk it up more than a few times recently. Especially on the road




  6. #42

    Re: Well it was ugly, but we got it done, 4-1

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I'm not completely convinced we go into Texas and get destroyed either. Let's not forget Texas played really one "good" team in Denver this year. They are going to be 5-0 because they happen to be playing the Jets tonight.

    I'm not ready to give up on this game yet.

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    These posters who say the ravens will lose acertain game most be making a lot of money betting on NFL games. To be able to predict like that must be a special God given talent. Wonder who they picked on the Colts/Packers game, the bengals/ dolphins game?
    Freedom to post what you think is a great thing, guess we'll have to wait for the game to be played. Quinn winning against anybody will be a delight to see. His record so far isn't so good.




  7. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitty Hutton View Post
    no.
    I'm talking offense in particular. The defense putting up a showing like that is an anomaly these days, but the offense has stunk it up more than a few times recently. Especially on the road
    Oh so now you are changing the arguement. So if the defense plays then like it did, wouldn't the offense still win by field goals?

    I can play this all day.

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2




  8. #44

    Re: Well it was ugly, but we got it done, 4-1

    A win is a win, no injuries that is good. Winning on the road is always good. Those thinking it would be easy after a tough loss to SD the week before are crazy. Ravens never make it easy on the road period.




  9. #45

    Re: Well it was ugly, but we got it done, 4-1

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitty Hutton View Post
    It was the Chiefs. Play like this next week and the Ravens get blown out
    If the cowboys played like they did last week, we'll still win




  10. #46

    Re: Well it was ugly, but we got it done, 4-1

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I'm not completely convinced we go into Texas and get destroyed either. Let's not forget Texas played really one "good" team in Denver this year. They are going to be 5-0 because they happen to be playing the Jets tonight.

    I'm not ready to give up on this game yet.

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Ravens history shows that they play well against teams with a winning record, me thinks it will be a good game for the ravens. The way the Ravens have played so far(4-1), future opposing teams don't have a clue how to play the Ravens. Defense has bent but not brook and the offense does not have a permanent MO to defend against. Ravens win using the whole team to beat other teams. Not great on offense or defense, just good at getting the win.




  11. #47

    Re: Well it was ugly, but we got it done, 4-1

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitty Hutton View Post
    no.
    I'm talking offense in particular. The defense putting up a showing like that is an anomaly these days, but the offense has stunk it up more than a few times recently. Especially on the road
    Points / Yards
    44 / 430
    23 / 325
    31 / 503
    23 / 438

    I think you have your anomalies confused.




  12. #48

    Re: Well it was ugly, but we got it done, 4-1

    Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Whats crazy talk? That the Texans are better than the Chiefs by a significant margin? There's nothing he said that was wrong, UNLESS Shaub is somehow not playing/taken out of the game.
    And if the Texans lose to the jets then what?? Any given Sunday!!




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland