Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 72 of 163

Thread: We will go 8-8.

  1. #61

    Re: We will go 8-8.



    Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    You left it to open ended. You're only explaining yourself now because most folks are jumping all over you. If you're going to start a thread like this put some more thought into. I didn't mean to attack you but get posters to attack your post first.
    Well, I sometimes have an issue with writing too much. I write long winded paragraphs that no one wants to sift through... So I made a statement. With hopes of creating a discussion. My goal was not to troll. My goal was to throw out a statement (the statement is my true feelings, regardless of controversy). If it wasn't bold or slightly controversial, there wouldn't be anything to discuss. I wanted peeps to throw their thoughts out there based on Sundays events and after watching two future opponents last night....




  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,339
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: We will go 8-8.

    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    I say we finish 3-12 and 1 seeing as how the league is going to award last week's game to Dallas and redefine two weeks ago as a tie because of a new retroactive rule that says that if you rush for at least 200 yards, your team is automatically awarded 3 points.
    Yes, and the league will also review the game winning FG vs. the Pats, say it's too close to call, and delete another Ravens victory from the record book... Bc




  3. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Blair (aka Bel Air)
    Posts
    473

    Re: We will go 8-8.

    It's fun to prognosticate, but really, who the heck knows? Look at this weekend alone - 49ers and Texans dusted home, Falcons nearly lose to Raiders and Pats lose in Seattle. Anything can happen.




  4. #64

    Re: We will go 8-8.

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Well if your gonna play that game, I will come right back at you with our 5-1 record, because a win is indeed a win. You are what your record says.
    Numbers don't lie. Either does the sudden turn of events. In other words get rid of Sabathia and Cano and Baltimore is playing Detroit.




  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,109
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: We will go 8-8.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    Numbers don't lie. Either does the sudden turn of events. In other words get rid of Sabathia and Cano and Baltimore is playing Detroit.
    So Mannings numbers against us in the past don't lie either right?




  6. #66

    Re: We will go 8-8.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    Numbers don't lie. Either does the sudden turn of events. In other words get rid of Sabathia and Cano and Baltimore is playing Detroit.
    A) That's more debatable than you think it is, and many more variables go into that.
    B) Lewis and Webb don't have the impact those two players do. In football you're one out of 11, in baseball you're either 1 out of 9 or the guy pitching. In fact, you're really 1 out of 22 - and given the disproportionate importance of QB, probably even less than that in a mathematical sense. And Ray Lewis isn't very good anymore anyway.




  7. #67

    Re: We will go 8-8.

    8-8 would probably still win the division anyway, LOL.




  8. #68

    Re: We will go 8-8.

    Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    8-8 would probably still win the division anyway, LOL.
    In the AFC east yes




  9. #69

    Re: We will go 8-8.

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    So Mannings numbers against us in the past don't lie either right?
    Right! However when you consider what he was up against the numbers speak volumes. Beating our defense when healthy isn't easy. I wouldn't expect to see lopsided numbers. Yet he won. Let's get back to the issue. You really think the Ravens will beat Denver? I'll go first... No. Because I'm a troll or a pessimist? No! The sudden impact of what just happened to out defense leads me to that conclusion. Ask you: What would we have to loose as a defense before you would agree that the win is slightly in Denver's favor?




  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,109
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: We will go 8-8.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    Right! However when you consider what he was up against the numbers speak volumes. Beating our defense when healthy isn't easy. I wouldn't expect to see lopsided numbers. Yet he won. Let's get back to the issue. You really think the Ravens will beat Denver? I'll go first... No. Because I'm a troll or a pessimist? No! The sudden impact of what just happened to out defense leads me to that conclusion. Ask you: What would we have to loose as a defense before you would agree that the win is slightly in Denver's favor?
    Our defense as attorcious before losing Ray and Webb anyway, and Lewis was declining fast. So yeah losing Webb will hurt, but the fact that we are 5-1 with a terrible defense, and the fact that Denver are 3-3 still makes us the better team. We are 14-0 at home, and haven't lost to the Broncos for a looong time. The Broncos also have issues of their own, so I'm picking us to win that game. I still don't understand how your giving us zero chance in that game, I mean I can kind of understand Houston on the road, or even the Giants at home, but the Denver Broncos????




  11. #71

    Re: We will go 8-8.

    Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    A) That's more debatable than you think it is, and many more variables go into that.
    B) Lewis and Webb don't have the impact those two players do. In football you're one out of 11, in baseball you're either 1 out of 9 or the guy pitching. In fact, you're really 1 out of 22 - and given the disproportionate importance of QB, probably even less than that in a mathematical sense. And Ray Lewis isn't very good anymore anyway.
    So Ray and Webb in Baltimore is not viewed as 2 top Yankee performers? And Ray isn't very good anymore? The board is going to have a field day with this. Um.. Actually I was thinking of Ray and Webb in combination with Suggs and possibly Ngata. By the way who would you have picked from the Yankees since you don't think Webb and Ray don't measure up?




  12. #72

    Re: We will go 8-8.

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Our defense as attorcious before losing Ray and Webb anyway, and Lewis was declining fast. So yeah losing Webb will hurt, but the fact that we are 5-1 with a terrible defense, and the fact that Denver are 3-3 still makes us the better team. We are 14-0 at home, and haven't lost to the Broncos for a looong time. The Broncos also have issues of their own, so I'm picking us to win that game. I still don't understand how your giving us zero chance in that game, I mean I can kind of understand Houston on the road, or even the Giants at home, but the Denver Broncos????

    Whoa, hold on just a minute. I give the Ravens zero chance? I'll be as horse as you the next day. The Ravens, in Baltimore, will come to play and I'm hoping for a win. However if I were a betting man I'd keep my money in my pocket. Couldn't there be anything sweeter than beating Manning on our turf? I can't think of anything. In our house the Ravens have every chance. Let's hope Denver's issues are pronounced and let's hope that Joe and Rice are on.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland