Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    Adjustments (or lack of)



    First off, everyone knew going into this game that the Raven's had to find a way to keep the Houston offense off the field, or our battered defense was going to get gassed. I felt the first couple of plays went very well. Rice was running the ball, and getting a lot of yards. The first drive stalled with TWO incomplete passes and 0 runs. Not to mention we burned a TO because special teams couldn't get 11 linemen on the field.

    Drive #2 THREE passes, two incompletes. PUNT.
    Drive #3 (backed up near the end zone) Run for 6 yards, two attempted passes that result in a fumble and safety.
    Drive #4 One run 3 yards, then pass tipped and intercepted.
    Drive #5 Two runs for 5 yards, imcomplete pass, PUNT.
    Drive #6 3 passes, 2 incompletes 7 yards, PUNT.

    It was still only 16-3 at this point. No need to abandon the run, but they didn't even ATTEMPT to run.

    I didn't see any attempt to throw screens, have Joe do a bootleg option to Rice, run Rice wideout. ANYTHING to get the pressure off the O-Line. Keep the TEs in to block, SOMETHING. No adjustments.

    Why were 90% of Flacco's passes to the right side, short outs? He kept throwing those passes, and Houston was there most of the time to either swat it out of the air. Its like Flacco was afraid to even turn his head.

    I figured the defense was going to give up +/- 30 points. They gave up more because Houston had the ball for 38 Minutes!




  2. #2

    Re: Adjustments (or lack of)

    Cam was out to prove to the world that the Ravens have the same high powered passing attack as the Packers.

    At least that is the only thing I can think of.

    Should have stuck with the run...




  3. #3

    Re: Adjustments (or lack of)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Cam was out to prove to the world that the Ravens have the same high powered passing attack as the Packers.

    At least that is the only thing I can think of.

    Should have stuck with the run...
    It was the dumbest game plan he's come up with this year. When I saw Pierce come in on that 2nd down at the goal line, I thought it was going to be a great play. hes a beast at RB, and I'd bet he could pick up the 4 yards needed. But noooooooooo, we attempt to throw twice and end up with a safety.




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    11,864
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Adjustments (or lack of)

    Quote Originally Posted by hokiefan View Post
    It was the dumbest game plan he's come up with this year. When I saw Pierce come in on that 2nd down at the goal line, I thought it was going to be a great play. hes a beast at RB, and I'd bet he could pick up the 4 yards needed. But noooooooooo, we attempt to throw twice and end up with a safety.
    That was pretty bad. It's like they were looking for the big play instead of realizing that they were on the edge of cliff and just need to move forward.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    24,196
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post

    That was pretty bad. It's like they were looking for the big play instead of realizing that they were on the edge of cliff and just need to move forward.
    Isn't that the name of the game on pretty much any 3rd and short with Cam?

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  6. #6

    Re: Adjustments (or lack of)

    Quote Originally Posted by hokiefan View Post
    First off, everyone knew going into this game that the Raven's had to find a way to keep the Houston offense off the field, or our battered defense was going to get gassed. I felt the first couple of plays went very well. Rice was running the ball, and getting a lot of yards. The first drive stalled with TWO incomplete passes and 0 runs. Not to mention we burned a TO because special teams couldn't get 11 linemen on the field.

    Drive #2 THREE passes, two incompletes. PUNT.
    You can stop right here at Drive #2..

    We established a little bit of a run on the first drive and got a FG out of it. So what does Cam call on Drive #2? Three straight pass plays. It's mind boggling why Cam still has a job.

    When you're on the road in a loud environment and you have a chance to establish the run, you don't try to sling the ball all over the place.




  7. #7
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: Adjustments (or lack of)

    if harbaugh didnt punch cam in the face after the game he deserves to go




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    in a Purple Haze
    Posts
    1,855

    Re: Adjustments (or lack of)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    You can stop right here at Drive #2..

    We established a little bit of a run on the first drive and got a FG out of it. So what does Cam call on Drive #2? Three straight pass plays. It's mind boggling why Cam still has a job.

    When you're on the road in a loud environment and you have a chance to establish the run, you don't try to sling the ball all over the place.
    It was like Groundhog Day.... nothing changes! When we went 3 pass plays it was obvious the game plan we were employing...

    Last week when Joe connected with Torrey, JH hugged Cam and and exclaimed "that's a helluva job Coach Cameron..WOW!" I am guessing there will be no uppercut blow to the jaw this week.......

    I dont get it at all........ Cam's play calls do not optimize our strengths.....there are never any adjustments... predictable!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

    NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!




  9. #9

    Re: Adjustments (or lack of)

    If someone can please explain to me how Cam Cameron still has a job in the NFL I would be most grateful. The ONLY competent game plan he can put together takes EIGHT months to assemble (i.e. the first games of the last two seasons). He is otherwise incompetent.

    Its too bad that Joe Flacco has wasted the 1st third of his career under the thumb of this idiot.

    I would love the hear from the Cam Cameron apologists.




    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That was pretty bad. It's like they were looking for the big play instead of realizing that they were on the edge of cliff and just need to move forward.




  10. #10

    Re: Adjustments (or lack of)

    Quote Originally Posted by hokiefan View Post

    Drive #2 THREE passes, two incompletes. PUNT.
    Drive #3 (backed up near the end zone) Run for 6 yards, two attempted passes that result in a fumble and safety.
    Drive #4 One run 3 yards, then pass tipped and intercepted.
    Drive #5 Two runs for 5 yards, imcomplete pass, PUNT.
    Drive #6 3 passes, 2 incompletes 7 yards, PUNT.

    It was still only 16-3 at this point. No need to abandon the run, but they didn't even ATTEMPT to run.

    I didn't see any attempt to throw screens, have Joe do a bootleg option to Rice, run Rice wideout. ANYTHING to get the pressure off the O-Line. Keep the TEs in to block, SOMETHING. No adjustments.

    Why were 90% of Flacco's passes to the right side, short outs? He kept throwing those passes, and Houston was there most of the time to either swat it out of the air. Its like Flacco was afraid to even turn his head.

    I figured the defense was going to give up +/- 30 points. They gave up more because Houston had the ball for 38 Minutes!
    Anyone that tries to argue that Cam isn't fucking brutal with this proof is a bonehead




  11. #11

    Re: Adjustments (or lack of)

    Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Anyone that tries to argue that Cam isn't fucking brutal with this proof is a bonehead
    If the defense had let up sustained drives for those 16 points, and the offense only had 2-3 posessions, I could understand an urgency to get the ball moving and throwing more. But they had SIX OPPORTUNITIES before the game started getting out of hand, and 9 of the points came from the safety and interception! Hell had they gone 3 and out on those two drives, it would have been 7-3.

    There is plenty of blame to go around in this game. Offense, Defense, special teams (PENALTIES!!!!!!!) and coaches. But the defense was holding their own in the first half. The 2nd touchdown was helped by a 15 yard PF on Pitta during the punt.




  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Cam was out to prove to the world that the Ravens have the same high powered passing attack as the Packers.

    At least that is the only thing I can think of.

    Should have stuck with the run...
    Daniel Jeremiah who was one of our former scouts tweeted that he was afraid cam would go way too pass heavy after seeing what the Packers did to them last week.

    Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland