Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 55
  1. #37

    Re: Time for some in house changes?



    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    lol...ok. But I dont see how you land there based upon; NE's (total) defensive ranking from 2006-2009 was 6th, 4th, 10th and 11th.
    He also had an offense that was able to control the game and put his D in a position to tee off frequently with big leads. Not something that is happening here. I think Pees has not shown a lot in terms of adjustments etc but that said he has had a bad deck of cards dealt to him. Even Pagano would struggle if you took JJ, Suggs, Lewis, Webb, Redding etc away from him. Not going to be as harsh on Pees as say Cam....
    A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,
    -Ray Lewis





  2. #38

    Re: Time for some in house changes?

    Speaking of rocket science, that defensive blitz resulting in a safety is one the Ravens, and especially Cam and Flacco, should be intimately familiar with. It is a play directly out of the Steeler's playbook, and one which Reed has runbefore. Polamalu did exactly the same thing to Joe and the Ravens resulting in a huge loss when no one picked him up and/or Joe failed to see him and did not audible out of the original play. Cam says they will work on correcting that miscue. But damn, when will they ever learn? When will Flacco learn to read defenses and to audible accordingly?
    "...but I own his ass!"




  3. #39

    Re: Time for some in house changes?

    Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    Harbaughs a good head coach. The others need to go - beginning with Cam. Cam is an albatross hanging around the neck of the offense.

    This team will not make the playoffs - in which case Cam will be gone - just like he should have last January. If you remember the news reports he expressed some surprised at not being replaced. When you think that about yourself you can only conclude that the people who think you're wrong about yourself are in fact delusional - and maybe don't really know as much as they would have you believe.
    Is he? He doesn't hold his coordinators responsible for anything. He doesn't even know what's going on in their meetings. If i were the head coach, and something was going horribly wrong, I'd get involved before the ship sank.




  4. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    23,056
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Time for some in house changes?

    Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    Harbs needs to grow a set, and get in his coaches faces when they are calling a bad game.
    Just curious, but how can you even claim to know what goes on behind closed doors?

    We all know the Ravens organization from top to bottom is one of the most tight lipped orgs that exist in pro sports...why would Harbs ever get in Cam's face or Dean's face on the sidelines, berate them publicly, and expect to still have a job?

    Everyone can rant and rave all they want about how poor Harbs is at handling his coordinators, but not one single person on this forum knows what goes on in the locker room, in the meeting room, and in their offices.

    Harbs knows what the problems are. A lot of these issues can't be fixed over night and some of them can't and won't be fixed/addressed until next off-season.
    When it comes to quarterbacks, don't pay attention to stats; pay attention to guys who make crucial plays at crucial times. -Gil Brandt


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/




  5. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    23,056
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Time for some in house changes?

    Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Is he? He doesn't hold his coordinators responsible for anything. He doesn't even know what's going on in their meetings. If i were the head coach, and something was going horribly wrong, I'd get involved before the ship sank.
    Prove it.

    What is said to the press during post-game interviews is VERY different than what happens Mon-Fri behind closed doors.
    When it comes to quarterbacks, don't pay attention to stats; pay attention to guys who make crucial plays at crucial times. -Gil Brandt


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/




  6. #42

    Re: Time for some in house changes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    He also had an offense that was able to control the game and put his D in a position to tee off frequently with big leads. Not something that is happening here. I think Pees has not shown a lot in terms of adjustments etc but that said he has had a bad deck of cards dealt to him. Even Pagano would struggle if you took JJ, Suggs, Lewis, Webb, Redding etc away from him. Not going to be as harsh on Pees as say Cam....
    I don't disagree. Pees is struggling. No denying that at all.
    My original counter earlier is about speculation (poor specualtion IMO) of why Pees left NE.




  7. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Baltimore (among other places)
    Posts
    675

    Re: Time for some in house changes?

    Geez. They change the site's URL and now it's favorable to bash Cam. Most of my criticisms of Cam have been laid out here.

    I will say that the thing that bothers me the most is that as soon as the Ravens get down a score, Cam acts like they're down 3 scores and abandons the run. It then becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy as the Ravens usually then skid towards a loss.

    That's a loser mentality. Playing not to lose is one of the things that helped get the Billick regime run out of town and it's happened again.

    On top of that, he still wants to use these slow developing plays. At least he'll do a screen. And a slant. One or two per game, but that's it. Once he's used it, it's gone because, well, the other team might know he's running it and make his offense less baffling to the defense. Or some crap.

    Cam and his system are dinosaurs. It's time to put them in a museum. And it's fine. Sometimes you're in the game so long that it changes on you and you don't know it did and you don't know how to react, so you keep doing what you do because it's all you know how to do. It works sometimes, but the rest of the time, the results can be bad. He needs to get with the times or get out.

    He ought watch some Aaron Rodgers tapes. Not because Joe is supposed to be Rodgers, but they do different things to put Rodgers in the position to make a play.

    Anyway, it's now favorable to bash Cam.

    And now, I see folks are not thrilled with Pees now too. I expressed misgivings before the season started but got shouted down. Guess it's favorable here to feel that way now, too.
    ---

    Baltimore Colts (AAFC): 1947-1950
    Baltimore Colts (NFL): 1953-1984
    Baltimore Stars (USFL): 1985
    Baltimore Colts/Stallions (CFL): 1994-1995
    Baltimore Ravens (NFL): 1996-Present




  8. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Balmer Merlin Hon
    Posts
    2,583
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Time for some in house changes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Firststater View Post
    Speaking of rocket science, that defensive blitz resulting in a safety is one the Ravens, and especially Cam and Flacco, should be intimately familiar with. It is a play directly out of the Steeler's playbook, and one which Reed has runbefore. Polamalu did exactly the same thing to Joe and the Ravens resulting in a huge loss when no one picked him up and/or Joe failed to see him and did not audible out of the original play. Cam says they will work on correcting that miscue. But damn, when will they ever learn? When will Flacco learn to read defenses and to audible accordingly?
    Mmm, I think it may have been something less (& more) than a simple overload blitz. Barwin is quoted in King's MMQB this week as saying either he or Brooks Reid (the other OLB) was spying Rice on 3rd downs especially. Someone said that on the play that went for a safety, it didn't look like Barwin was blitzing. It may be that he wasn't, so long as Rice was to that side, but when #27 shifted to the other side because he saw someone coming from there, Rice became Reid's responsibility & Barwin was free to blitz. In fact that may have been specifically designed into the defensive call: the OLB nearest Rice at the snap would spy him while the other one blitzed.




  9. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    23,056
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Time for some in house changes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Ray Rice had a great year last year, and the Ravens made it to within one dropped pass from making it to the Super Bowl. If they would have left the OL alone, and just replaced Grubbs with KO, they would be in much better shape right now. I would have loved to have seen them keep Grubbs, but if that wasn't possible due to the salary cap, then they actually found a gem in KO to replace him with for THIS season. Nothing is stopping them from moving Oher to LT and KO to RT next year after they have a chance to get a better LG and C in the draft or through FA.
    I think that is what everyone expected.

    I know you have your doubts, but I still 100% believe that was the intention before McKinnie's off-season issues.
    When it comes to quarterbacks, don't pay attention to stats; pay attention to guys who make crucial plays at crucial times. -Gil Brandt


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/




  10. #46

    Re: Time for some in house changes?

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Prove it.

    What is said to the press during post-game interviews is VERY different than what happens Mon-Fri behind closed doors.
    Its pretty obvious if you've been paying attention over the last 4 years. Cam can do no wrong in Harbaugh's eyes. Two years ago he said that the offense had to get better and he would take a more active role in it. Not a single thing changed for the remainder of that season nor did it change the following season. I watched the steelers last night with their (supposedly) makeshift line calling plays, such as wide-receiver screens, that made Ben successfull. If they have a bad offensive line you wouldn't know it by watching their offense.




  11. #47
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    4,136
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Time for some in house changes?

    Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Is he? He doesn't hold his coordinators responsible for anything. He doesn't even know what's going on in their meetings. If i were the head coach, and something was going horribly wrong, I'd get involved before the ship sank.
    I am curious what the heck you think Harbaugh does all day? Steve Biscotti doesn't strike me as a man that is willing to pay Harbaugh millions to hang out in the cafeteria and play basketball all day.




  12. #48
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    4,136
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Time for some in house changes?

    Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Its pretty obvious if you've been paying attention over the last 4 years. Cam can do no wrong in Harbaugh's eyes. Two years ago he said that the offense had to get better and he would take a more active role in it. Not a single thing changed for the remainder of that season nor did it change the following season. I watched the steelers last night with their (supposedly) makeshift line calling plays, such as wide-receiver screens, that made Ben successfull. If they have a bad offensive line you wouldn't know it by watching their offense.
    I might be confused on the timing but Harbaugh wanted to take a more active role in the offense THIS YEAR. And if you haven't seen a major change your blind. The team is almost exclusively using the hurry up/no huddle offense.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland