Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 27
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit Michigan
    Posts
    1,906


    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Forgive me Dade, but I am still trying to figure out why you're outraged.

    It's a fly-by-night web site, linking to a story from another fly-by-night web site. I doubt anyone is taking this story seriously and if they are, that's on them. Having a web site means the check cleared. That's all.

    Attachment 1147



    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

    –Eleanor Roosevelt




  2. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,403

    Re: Rogue U.S. General Arrested for Activating Special Forces Team

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    Thanks for the info, Dade.

    As NC said, the bottom line is

    1. we did nothing when it was in our power to do so.

    2. They aren't telling us why, or what exactly happened.
    3. And the press will not hold this President accountable for any of it.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  3. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    7,185

    Re: Rogue U.S. General Arrested for Activating Special Forces Team

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Forgive me Dade, but I am still trying to figure out why you're outraged.
    I guess this one the straw that broke the camels back if you will. After years of seeing misinformation in media, this just got to me. IDK. I did forward it to our Public Affairs office. So maybe they can correct it somehow.
    "I got this." - Justin Tucker




  4. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    7,185

    Re: Rogue U.S. General Arrested for Activating Special Forces Team

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    Thanks for the info, Dade.

    As NC said, the bottom line is

    1. we did nothing when it was in our power to do so.

    2. They aren't telling us why, or what exactly happened.
    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    There's alot this goverment/military does or doesn't do and the public isn't informed.
    "I got this." - Justin Tucker




  5. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    7,185

    Re: Rogue U.S. General Arrested for Activating Special Forces Team

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    3. And the press will not hold this President accountable for any of it.
    The first place I saw it reported that this wasn't just a riot gone wrong was on MSNBC, Rachel Maddow. It was 3 days after the incident and she killed the White House for it.
    "I got this." - Justin Tucker




  6. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit Michigan
    Posts
    1,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    There's alot this goverment/military does or doesn't do and the public isn't informed.
    That I understand, but in this instance the public definitely has the right to information, all of it. You can simplify it and say lives were lost as a result of the intended inaction of the government.

    How's it go again, something along the lines of "establish justice, provide for the common defence."

    When the basic foundation for the role of government as outlined by the Constitution is molested, we the people have the right to know why.


    Now, I'm not so naive as to think that we will.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

    –Eleanor Roosevelt




  7. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit Michigan
    Posts
    1,906
    This situation reminds me of the movie The Patriot Games. Great flick.

    Correction : The movie Clear and Present Danger

    All those Harrison Ford movies sort of run together.
    Last edited by Sirdowski; 10-30-2012 at 06:55 PM.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

    –Eleanor Roosevelt




  8. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    The first place I saw it reported that this wasn't just a riot gone wrong was on MSNBC, Rachel Maddow. It was 3 days after the incident and she killed the White House for it.
    Oh really?

    First off, I'm talking about the media, not talking head shows. Those are two different animals and if any gets their news from Rush, Maddow, et all they should be stoned to death.

    In any event, here is the transcript from that show ....

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49061994...-september-th/

    ... And from the start of the show, she blames Bush for Middle East anger ...

    But we start with tonight`s top story and with a decision made in
    March 2003, which is when then-President George W. Bush ordered the U.S.- led invasion of Iraq, March 2003 ... That change in policy under George W. Bush was a source of anger and
    controversy.
    Then, she pleads to her audience to listen to Sec of State Clinton frustration about how folks wont believe that it's a video that sparked this attack.

    Then Maddow follows this up by attacking Paul Ryan.

    Please show me where in any if this she even hints at Obama doing something wrong, let alone "killing" him for it?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  9. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,317

    Re: Rogue U.S. General Arrested for Activating Special Forces Team

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Oh really?

    First off, I'm talking about the media, not talking head shows. Those are two different animals and if any gets their news from Rush, Maddow, et all they should be stoned to death.

    In any event, here is the transcript from that show ....

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49061994...-september-th/

    ... And from the start of the show, she blames Bush for Middle East anger ...



    Then, she pleads to her audience to listen to Sec of State Clinton frustration about how folks wont believe that it's a video that sparked this attack.

    Then Maddow follows this up by attacking Paul Ryan.

    Please show me where in any if this she even hints at Obama doing something wrong, let alone "killing" him for it?
    Hey! I get my news from Rush!

    Just kidding, I do listen a lot but he doesn't talk about news but maybe 40% of the time.

    I have a question for you though, you watch Maddow?? How can you stomach that crap for an hour!?!?
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  10. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,403
    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Hey! I get my news from Rush!

    Just kidding, I do listen a lot but he doesn't talk about news but maybe 40% of the time.

    I have a question for you though, you watch Maddow?? How can you stomach that crap for an hour!?!?
    Read "Art of War".

    It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperilled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperilled in every single battle.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  11. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,317

    Re: Rogue U.S. General Arrested for Activating Special Forces Team

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Read "Art of War".
    Good point. I've tried watching her, it just drives me crazy.

    I did watch Lawrence O'donnell the other night, he actually had some good points about voting 3rd party and why, mainly in states that are almost certain to go for a certain candidate.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  12. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,403
    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Good point. I've tried watching her, it just drives me crazy.

    I did watch Lawrence O'donnell the other night, he actually had some good points about voting 3rd party and why, mainly in states that are almost certain to go for a certain candidate.
    I didn't see that but I did vote third party this year.

    Mitt is getting Texas regardless so it felt right to vote Gary Johnson.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland