Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 46
  1. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    1,856
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: My Own Good, Bad, and the Ugly



    I am still too hot over this steaming pile of s**t they call an offense to comment on that, but I will say as far as good, I thought the defense played a lot better today, even though they gave up some yardage and Richardson had a good day, it's better than what we've seen the past few weeks. Hopefully they keep improving.




  2. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    section 132
    Posts
    2,645
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: My Own Good, Bad, and the Ugly

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    You don't "stay committed to" losing football...
    You know we won, right? 25-15 ravens

    Stats dont lie...we never lose when rice gets 25+ carries. NEVER




  3. #27

    Re: My Own Good, Bad, and the Ugly

    Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    You know we won, right? 25-15 ravens

    Stats dont lie...we never lose when rice gets 25+ carries. NEVER
    I'm tired of having to explain this, but for the umpteenth time, WE DON'T WIN BECAUSE RAY RICE RUNS THE BALL 25+ TIMES. RAY RICE RUNS THE BALL 25+ TIMES BECAUSE WE'RE WINNING. That stat is so old and tired and useless and it might be literally true, but it has absolutely no predictive value. If it did, the first 25 offensive plays of the game would always be Ray Rice runs--because then the team could just take knees the rest of the game and win, right?

    Every team runs the ball more when they're winning because they want to run out the clock. We led for 50 game minutes... so we ran the ball a lot... running the ball wasn't the CAUSE of the win, it was an EFFECT.




  4. #28
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    4,311
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: My Own Good, Bad, and the Ugly

    The Good

    We won

    Bad and Ugly

    Whatever because we won




  5. #29

    Re: My Own Good, Bad, and the Ugly

    Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    You know we won, right? 25-15 ravens

    Stats dont lie...we never lose when rice gets 25+ carries. NEVER
    As if you weren't nervous as hell in, early in the fourth quarter, after what, the fifth straight three and out?
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  6. #30
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    4,311
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: My Own Good, Bad, and the Ugly

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I'm tired of having to explain this, but for the umpteenth time, WE DON'T WIN BECAUSE RAY RICE RUNS THE BALL 25+ TIMES. RAY RICE RUNS THE BALL 25+ TIMES BECAUSE WE'RE WINNING. That stat is so old and tired and useless and it might be literally true, but it has absolutely no predictive value. If it did, the first 25 offensive plays of the game would always be Ray Rice runs--because then the team could just take knees the rest of the game and win, right?

    Every team runs the ball more when they're winning because they want to run out the clock. We led for 50 game minutes... so we ran the ball a lot... running the ball wasn't the CAUSE of the win, it was an EFFECT.
    I don't agree with that. I don't think its a coincidence that our offense moves the ball more consistently when the running game is working.




  7. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    13,933
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: My Own Good, Bad, and the Ugly

    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I don't agree with that. I don't think its a coincidence that our offense moves the ball more consistently when the running game is working.
    agreed and just for the record, Cleveland had the LEAD and the Ravens came back. It wasn't like they were running out the clock for the win
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  8. #32

    Re: My Own Good, Bad, and the Ugly

    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I don't agree with that. I don't think its a coincidence that our offense moves the ball more consistently when the running game is working.
    That's just it, they weren't moving the ball consistently. That's part of how Cleveland got back in the game and eventually took the lead on FGs. On FGs.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  9. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,050
    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I'm tired of having to explain this, but for the umpteenth time, WE DON'T WIN BECAUSE RAY RICE RUNS THE BALL 25+ TIMES. RAY RICE RUNS THE BALL 25+ TIMES BECAUSE WE'RE WINNING. That stat is so old and tired and useless and it might be literally true, but it has absolutely no predictive value. If it did, the first 25 offensive plays of the game would always be Ray Rice runs--because then the team could just take knees the rest of the game and win, right?

    Every team runs the ball more when they're winning because they want to run out the clock. We led for 50 game minutes... so we ran the ball a lot... running the ball wasn't the CAUSE of the win, it was an EFFECT.
    Completely false.

    I know what you're trying to say. Nobody here is or has ever said that's is as simple as you claim.

    When folks say Ray needs to run X amount of times, they are saying they want a balanced attack, not the one dimensional nonsense we saw in TN, Jacksonville and Seattle last season.

    Maybe you missed it, but both Q1 TD's were rushes and the drives were very rush heavy.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  10. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,118
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: My Own Good, Bad, and the Ugly

    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    The Good

    We won

    Bad and Ugly

    Whatever because we won
    Ahh, thank you for this great post.




  11. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,118
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: My Own Good, Bad, and the Ugly

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I'm tired of having to explain this, but for the umpteenth time, WE DON'T WIN BECAUSE RAY RICE RUNS THE BALL 25+ TIMES. RAY RICE RUNS THE BALL 25+ TIMES BECAUSE WE'RE WINNING. That stat is so old and tired and useless and it might be literally true, but it has absolutely no predictive value. If it did, the first 25 offensive plays of the game would always be Ray Rice runs--because then the team could just take knees the rest of the game and win, right?

    Every team runs the ball more when they're winning because they want to run out the clock. We led for 50 game minutes... so we ran the ball a lot... running the ball wasn't the CAUSE of the win, it was an EFFECT.
    I can't believe how you are so against being a run first team when we got destroyed by the Texas two weeks ago by running a completely one dimensional offense passing the ball, then go in to this game winning it when we ran the ball a bunch of times.

    I think this is far from a coincidence, the defense benefits from staying off the field for longer periods of time, and we run more clock in the process. It's obvious to me that we should now be a run first team down the stretch and into the play offs if we make it there, because if we go back into that no huddle crap on the road, we are going to get torn apart in the likes of Heinz Field.




  12. #36

    Re: My Own Good, Bad, and the Ugly

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Completely false.

    I know what you're trying to say. Nobody here is or has ever said that's is as simple as you claim.

    When folks say Ray needs to run X amount of times, they are saying they want a balanced attack, not the one dimensional nonsense we saw in TN, Jacksonville and Seattle last season.

    Maybe you missed it, but both Q1 TD's were rushes and the drives were very rush heavy.
    I don't think we're talking about the same thing. People--including the poster I was responding to as well as media talking heads--CONSTANTLY harp on this stat: "When Ray Rice gets 25 or more carries, the Ravens are 25-0" or some nonsense like that--not sure of the exact numbers.

    The implication is that when Ray Rice runs the ball a lot, it causes the Ravens to win. That's nonsense. Always has been, always will be. Running the ball a certain number of times doesn't cause you to win.

    Of course the offense needs balance! No sane person thinks that this team is better off (outside of very select personnel packages) with Ray Rice off the field, unless he's taking a breather. He ought to be on the field and he ought to get his work.

    But under NO circumstances should we evaluate a game as an effort to get Ray Rice to X number of carries because that causes a win. It doesn't, and case in point this past game--WAY too many 1st and 2nd down runs for a yard or less after the first quarter, and those negative plays really imperiled this team today. The Browns were taking those plays away, and they should have adjusted, preferably by working the short and intermediate passing game outside the box.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland