Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 16
  1. #1

    Jamison has reached a new level of tool-ism.



    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...sberger-fumble

    Seriously - the drunk steelers fan next to me at the bar is being less of a tool about what wasnt that bad of a call. He's been getting worse and worse as this season has gone on, but now he has lost it.

    If you'd like to write ESPN to point out how unprofessional and unqualified he is for this position, here is the link:

    https://r.espn.go.com/members/contact/index




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Southern York County
    Posts
    1,522

    Re: Jamison has reached a new level of tool-ism.

    What exactly is the problem with this blog post?
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Rosedale, MD
    Posts
    803

    Re: Jamison has reached a new level of tool-ism.

    Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    What exactly is the problem with this blog post?
    He's just unhappy with the fact that Jameson Hensley is siding with the Steelers on something.

    To be perfectly honest, that "fumble" was pretty ticky-tacky, it could have been called either way. I did think the Steelers got screwed on that call though.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis




  4. #4

    Re: Jamison has reached a new level of tool-ism.

    Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    What exactly is the problem with this blog post?
    Well, for starters, that was clearly a fumble. The ball was not under control before he started his arm forward.




  5. #5

    Re: Jamison has reached a new level of tool-ism.

    I am not upset he sided with the Steelers. As a journalist with a national platform, he is supposed to be above writing an entire post that does nothing but whine about a bad call. There is a reason you dont often see that kind of writing in a newspaper or magazine - it is unprofessional. I know ESPN is basically a joke but this a new low even for them.




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    21,022
    Quote Originally Posted by downside52 View Post
    I am not upset he sided with the Steelers. As a journalist with a national platform, he is supposed to be above writing an entire post that does nothing but whine about a bad call. There is a reason you dont often see that kind of writing in a newspaper or magazine - it is unprofessional. I know ESPN is basically a joke but this a new low even for them.
    He isn't a journalist when he's posting on the AFC North blog. He's an opinion writer at that point, paid to his his thoughts.

    To expect him to be a journalist in that forum is on you, not on him.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ball So Hard Universary (BSHU)
    Posts
    1,683
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Jamison has reached a new level of tool-ism.

    Wasn't any worse than the actual broadcasting saying the exact samething on air. Not sure who was in the booth yesterday but he was being an idiot on that strip sack call. As the play was still developing and Mike was running it back, he was running his suck... "Ohh was that a pick (referring to Paul blocking Miller in the back, which could have been called) yup that was a pick how didn't they call that" you shouldn't base your opinion while a play is still going on.. He could reference after actulyl reviewing it maybe, but to start with that was not a fumble and that was a pick it should not be a TD is unprofessional as a un-bias announcer. Just Sayin....




  8. #8

    Re: Jamison has reached a new level of tool-ism.

    I hate the Steelers as much as the next guy - more than 99.9% of qualified "next guys," even - but that sure looked like an incomplete pass to me.

    The Steelers have years of favorable calls behind them, including a gift wrapped Super Bowl, but that was screwage from the zebras.

    /2cents
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  9. #9

    Re: Jamison has reached a new level of tool-ism.

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    He isn't a journalist when he's posting on the AFC North blog. He's an opinion writer at that point, paid to his his thoughts.

    To expect him to be a journalist in that forum is on you, not on him.
    While I see your point, I will counter that ESPN has not labeled his column as an editorial, and further he does not present his opinions as opinions but rather as a statement of fact.




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ball So Hard Universary (BSHU)
    Posts
    1,683
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Jamison has reached a new level of tool-ism.

    Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    I hate the Steelers as much as the next guy - more than 99.9% of qualified "next guys," even - but that sure looked like an incomplete pass to me.

    The Steelers have years of favorable calls behind them, including a gift wrapped Super Bowl, but that was screwage from the zebras.

    /2cents
    Not sure what you were watching and regardless of who the QB was it was a Fumble. The ball was moving in his hand before going forward, not much but it was moving. As much as I would not have liked it if it was Flacco I would still except it, especially because it was called a fumble on the field.




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    21,022

    Re: Jamison has reached a new level of tool-ism.

    Quote Originally Posted by downside52 View Post
    While I see your point, I will counter that ESPN has not labeled his column as an editorial, and further he does not present his opinions as opinions but rather as a statement of fact.
    It's not an editorial either.

    It says right at the top of the page that it's a blog.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  12. #12

    Re: Jamison has reached a new level of tool-ism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    Wasn't any worse than the actual broadcasting saying the exact samething on air. Not sure who was in the booth yesterday but he was being an idiot on that strip sack call. As the play was still developing and Mike was running it back, he was running his suck... "Ohh was that a pick (referring to Paul blocking Miller in the back, which could have been called) yup that was a pick how didn't they call that" you shouldn't base your opinion while a play is still going on.. He could reference after actulyl reviewing it maybe, but to start with that was not a fumble and that was a pick it should not be a TD is unprofessional as a un-bias announcer. Just Sayin....
    That was the great phil simms making his opniion known. It was a fumble and there was no clip. Steelers have a habit of falling down to get the refs attention. The man held his arms and hands up as the steeler dropped to the ground. Rumor has it that falling to the ground is something they practice religously.LOL
    Jamison is entitled to his opinion like simms, but he is wrong on this one, even simms acknowledged it later on that he was wrong. Give the steeler their props, they came alive in the 4th quarter just like the Ravens did yesterday to beat an elite QB and last years SB wieners. Up to that point, steelers looked like the Ravens.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland