Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 34
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11,121
    Blog Entries
    2

    OBY won and the layoffs begin



    Roberts had no idea what kind of can of worms he opened when he
    said OBUMMER CARE was constitutional.

    In wake of the election, the layoffs begin because of the regulations
    O BUMMER CARE will impose (which is why we call it O BUMMER CARE) on a man in Vegas who employes 114 people. He laid off 21 and more are to follow like with Boeing.

    I posted on election day that the real regulations will be imposed on
    Wed. OBY ceased them during the campaign for fear of losing votes.
    He has to 2013 to implement them.

    This employer who started with nothing and buit his business up to 114
    people just cant afford it.

    More companies will do the same.



    http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2012/11...-22-employees/
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-08-2012 at 06:40 PM.
    Pic of a natural act: UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU. THE PAST IS NOT DEAD, IN FACT, IT IS NOT EVEN PAST.' WILLIAM FAULKNER.




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11,121
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: OBY won and the layoffs begin

    Boeing announces it is laying off 30% of its work force due to cuts in defense
    spending taking it's force below 2010 levels.

    Mitt made defense a key issue in the campaign because OBY was cutting
    defense spending so this is what happens.

    Welcome to China West.


    www.drudgereport.com
    Pic of a natural act: UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU. THE PAST IS NOT DEAD, IN FACT, IT IS NOT EVEN PAST.' WILLIAM FAULKNER.




  3. #3

    Re: OBY won and the layoffs begin

    just my opinon but the First story sounds like grand standing (if it is true), because nothing has changed as far as the ACA is concerned. To me the timing is just off. either you werent able to afford them before and you were going to fire them, or you could carry them until you couldnt but want to make an example and blame Obama.

    The second story while its true that Boeing is cutting its workforce, where has obama cut military funding? its more than doubled since hes been in office. I believe during the debates he was arguing that Romney wanted to spend more on it, while he said he gave them what they asked for. not cuts. if we are in fact removing ourselves from the middle east, why do you need an active war/wars budget anyway? sounds like a company thats retooling its approach because its no longer in demand, or in other words, good business.
    -JAB




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,200

    Re: OBY won and the layoffs begin

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    just my opinon but the First story sounds like grand standing (if it is true), because nothing has changed as far as the ACA is concerned.
    The thing that changed is it does not stand a chance of repeal. We're stuck with it now matter how ineffective it will be.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  5. #5

    Re: OBY won and the layoffs begin

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    The thing that changed is it does not stand a chance of repeal. We're stuck with it now matter how ineffective it will be.
    Thats true but its a year plus away from being implemented. You can afford it right now, so why get rid of them now especially if you need them. Just leary of the story. Its just a guy that called into a radio station, if we believed that wed still have troy smith as our qb.
    -JAB




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    21,634
    Businesses are planning for the increased costs.

    We got a letter last year when it was passed to expect substantial increases to our healthcare costs.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,200

    Re: OBY won and the layoffs begin

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Businesses are planning for the increased costs.

    We got a letter last year when it was passed to expect substantial increases to our healthcare costs.
    You mean one like this.

    **This email is directed to all ************* employees, who are currently eligible for benefits based on employment status**

    This is the time of year when we review our options of employee benefit plans and make decisions about coverage for the upcoming plan year (January thru December 2013). For the past two years, we have been very fortunate to have received renewals that included no increase to our premiums. However - due to increased claims over the past year and plan/benefit changes dictated by the recent Health Care Reform laws, we received an initial notification this year from Cigna that our premiums would be increasing 15.67%. Because the company currently pays such a large percentage of the premium, that would be a significant impact to the bottom line, which is not affordable. We also realize that we must begin to plan now for the additional changes coming to health care in 2014 as a result of Health Care Reform. We have already incorporated some of the changes into our plans, but the majority of the changes are effective in 2014. Many of the details of the exact dollar impact we will feel are not entirely clear, but we do know that, as an employer, we will face increased taxes/fees and we have already been advised of some of the increases we can expect to see in premiums due to the plan changes dictated by the new laws. We are expecting premium increases of 15-20% in 2014 based on current parameters of Health Care Reform.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,200

    Re: OBY won and the layoffs begin

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Thats true but its a year plus away from being implemented. You can afford it right now, so why get rid of them now especially if you need them. Just leary of the story. Its just a guy that called into a radio station, if we believed that wed still have troy smith as our qb.
    I'm leary of the story too. But the law is not entirely years away from being implemented, parts of it are, mainly the taxes (to avoid happening before the 2012 election)
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  9. #9

    Re: OBY won and the layoffs begin

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I'm leary of the story too. But the law is not entirely years away from being implemented, parts of it are, mainly the taxes (to avoid happening before the 2012 election)
    I didnt see anything major slated for 2013 on the timeline, but that was wiki.

    i havent gotten a letter like the one you posted above but i have seen 10-15% increases to my insurance back all the way to the bush years when i started. I started in 2004 @ about 46$/month for 100% & im currently paying 88$/month for 90%. Both as a single. A 10-15% increase isnt anything new to me as long as its more stable afterward. Thats if they transfer the whole hit to us. My company is pretty conservative in its approach and vocal about whats going on. im surprised if this is the same for us why we havent heard about it personally, especially if others have. Makes me think it wont be much of a factor for us, in the past we were notified when it went up.
    -JAB




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,200

    Re: OBY won and the layoffs begin

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I didnt see anything major slated for 2013 on the timeline, but that was wiki.

    i havent gotten a letter like the one you posted above but i have seen 10-15% increases to my insurance back all the way to the bush years when i started. I started in 2004 @ about 46$/month for 100% & im currently paying 88$/month for 90%. Both as a single. A 10-15% increase isnt anything new to me as long as its more stable afterward. Thats if they transfer the whole hit to us. My company is pretty conservative in its approach and vocal about whats going on. im surprised if this is the same for us why we havent heard about it personally, especially if others have. Makes me think it wont be much of a factor for us, in the past we were notified when it went up.
    When do you elect your plans? If open enrollment is June or so, you may not hear about it till then, and that's if they choose to pass the cost of to you, I'm sure that depends on the portion they pay already etc.

    The main things that are and will be affecting cost as HR said, is they are planning for the changes, so the timeline is semi - irrelevant. I will say what the insurance companies have to cover "at no cost" to the policy holder is why they are increasing the cost of insurance. They can't pay more for services you get without offsetting it by raising premiums...
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  11. #11

    Re: OBY won and the layoffs begin

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    When do you elect your plans? If open enrollment is June or so, you may not hear about it till then, and that's if they choose to pass the cost of to you, I'm sure that depends on the portion they pay already etc.

    The main things that are and will be affecting cost as HR said, is they are planning for the changes, so the timeline is semi - irrelevant. I will say what the insurance companies have to cover "at no cost" to the policy holder is why they are increasing the cost of insurance. They can't pay more for services you get without offsetting it by raising premiums...
    Good point, open enrollment is april, maybe waiting till after the holidays.
    -JAB




  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,200

    Re: OBY won and the layoffs begin

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Good point, open enrollment is april, maybe waiting till after the holidays.
    Here is a good link for implementation timeline.
    http://healthreform.kff.org/timeline.aspx


    This is my favorite. Premiums will skyrocket because of this.
    No Annual Limits on Coverage Not In Effect

    Prohibits annual limits on the dollar value of coverage.

    Implementation: January 1, 2014
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland