Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Next man up!

  1. #1

    Next man up!



    Just want to talk about something that's become apparent to me as we've been able to make our way to 7-2.

    Seems like depth is really good this year. Lost so many people via injury, free agency, whatever, and we've still kept chugging. Seriously, we have five pro-bowl caliber players that are either out or playing hurt on defense (Reed, Lewis, Suggs, Ngata, Webb), a constantly changing left guard, new pieces on the D-line, a young receiving corps, rookie RT, and we still manage to get it done, no matter how ugly.

    Props again to Oz, DeCosta, and the coaching staff.




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,054
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Next man up!

    Oh god, you really shouldn't have posted this here.

    Here they come....




  3. #3

    Re: Next man up!

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Oh god, you really shouldn't have posted this here.

    Here they come....
    Do I need to duck and cover? What am I hiding from?




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,054
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Next man up!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Do I need to duck and cover? What am I hiding from?
    I mean how dare you try and compliment this FO, after all the losing seasons we've had, and the terrible awful players they constantly draft and sign in FA.

    Just a taster of what your about to get from the likes of "steelerhater".




  5. #5

    Re: Next man up!

    The problem with all this turnover, between the injuries and constantly shuffling who's in and out of the starting lineups (have we had the same offensive line for more than 2 games this season?) is that it inhibits continuity from fully developing.
    Continuity breeds consistency, consistency breeds continuity.

    Yet somehow, despite our inconsistency we're 7-2...go figure, lol.
    But our inconsistency is going to cost us during the playoffs, and we're running out of season to finally settle and establish every player's role.




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,054
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Next man up!

    Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    The problem with all this turnover, between the injuries and constantly shuffling who's in and out of the starting lineups (have we had the same offensive line for more than 2 games this season?) is that it inhibits continuity from fully developing.
    Continuity breeds consistency, consistency breeds continuity.

    Yet somehow, despite our inconsistency we're 7-2...go figure, lol.
    But our inconsistency is going to cost us during the playoffs, and we're running out of season to finally settle and establish every player's role.
    The only changes we've had on the Oline is at LG, apart from that, I think we've had some continuity on the Oline. I personally think that Jah Reid should be starting at LG for the rest of the year.




  7. #7

    Re: Next man up!

    We've also rotated our tackles some due to injury.
    Only Birk and Yanda have been constants, and now Yanda's playing hurt.
    I do agree with you about Reid at LG though.




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,054
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Next man up!

    Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    We've also rotated our tackles some due to injury.
    Only Birk and Yanda have been constants, and now Yanda's playing hurt.
    I do agree with you about Reid at LG though.
    We lost KO for the second half of the Houston game... that's it. Apart from that, the tackle tandem has remained KO and Oher all year.




  9. #9

    Re: Next man up!

    I really wanna see Tyson and Jones get the start this week, with hopefully Ngata at NT. It'll be a chance, but I think a positive change. Redman's chubby little butt wont go far outside the tackle sand Ngata will draw double times right on the interior. Could be an interesting change




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,054
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Next man up!

    Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    I really wanna see Tyson and Jones get the start this week, with hopefully Ngata at NT. It'll be a chance, but I think a positive change. Redman's chubby little butt wont go far outside the tackle sand Ngata will draw double times right on the interior. Could be an interesting change
    I very much share your opinion.




  11. #11

    Re: Next man up!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Just want to talk about something that's become apparent to me as we've been able to make our way to 7-2.

    Seems like depth is really good this year. Lost so many people via injury, free agency, whatever, and we've still kept chugging. Seriously, we have five pro-bowl caliber players that are either out or playing hurt on defense (Reed, Lewis, Suggs, Ngata, Webb), a constantly changing left guard, new pieces on the D-line, a young receiving corps, rookie RT, and we still manage to get it done, no matter how ugly.

    Props again to Oz, DeCosta, and the coaching staff.
    How about the fact the Ravens defense has had a different defense coach for the last three years.




  12. #12

    Re: Next man up!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Just want to talk about something that's become apparent to me as we've been able to make our way to 7-2.

    Seems like depth is really good this year. Lost so many people via injury, free agency, whatever, and we've still kept chugging. Seriously, we have five pro-bowl caliber players that are either out or playing hurt on defense (Reed, Lewis, Suggs, Ngata, Webb), a constantly changing left guard, new pieces on the D-line, a young receiving corps, rookie RT, and we still manage to get it done, no matter how ugly.

    Props again to Oz, DeCosta, and the coaching staff.
    Well said. Ugly wins by a team lacking in glamor, but with lots of guts.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland