Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 61 to 70 of 70
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    19,998


    It's about respect, Trap.

    Something, sadly, you've never grasped. What does it matter if you thank Dade or anyone just to turn around and mock him, whether it be labeling him or using racially tinged language? Do you ever wonder why the vast majority of your threads go unanswered or ignored?

    It's long about time the discourse here is taken to a higher level.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.





  2. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    6,679

    Re: Secretary of Defense Kerry?

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    It's long about time the discourse here is taken to a higher level.
    I think we all would appreciate that.
    "I got this." - Justin Tucker




  3. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    10,056
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Secretary of Defense Kerry?

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    It's about respect, Trap.

    Something, sadly, you've never grasped. What does it matter if you thank Dade or anyone just to turn around and mock him, whether it be labeling him or using racially tinged language? Do you ever wonder why the vast majority of your threads go unanswered or ignored?

    It's long about time the discourse here is taken to a higher level.
    The top 3 threads in this forum are mine with nearly 2,000 hits and almost 200 replies.

    The LAY OFF thread has 609 hits and 33 replies. So the top 4 of 5 threads are mine with over 2,000 hits and 200 replies. I'm on a roll.


    Someone said on election night that I used this forum as a propaganda page but why didn't he post any threads? Anyone can post threads and I never got a warning about my threads.

    I was just trying to get the forum moving. The other side's threads fell off after Galen left, then he just came back to gloat.

    Respect you say? How about when the other side doesn't respect me including one who always attacks me and never gets time off. He even attacked you on election night and you didn't do anything.

    In fact, if you scroll up near the top of this thread I showed him class and gave him respect after all his attacks on me. Same with
    the election night thread. I showed respect and he attacked me and I
    wasn't saying anything to anyone.

    So don't say I never grasped it because I'm trying with someone who has attacked me since day one. That is the Christian way
    and even Dade ganged up on me on election night agreeing
    with him.


    They've hit me since day 1. I had 4 liberals attacking me on here and then they took it to the football forum vs the rules. So where was their respect?

    In fact, 3 complained to Tony about something I said who gave me a warning and when I showed him why I said it he said OK, I'll give them the same warning.

    I never heard from Tony again. Then you bopped me for calling someone a turkey after he had two posts saying I was ignorant
    and full of non-sense. You left his remarks standing. He was a liberal. I can name 1/2 dozen conservatives on here who never
    attacked me. If they were ganging up on me too then I'd be
    worried about what you said. It's all political.

    And as I showed, the comment above came from a similar quote from Rosa Parks herself and you even defended me saying it was just a poor choice of words. Now you posted something mean, so which is it? I said, then Parks also used a poor choice of words saying almost the same thingl


    So I've tried to show respect even after getting attacked by them. Even on the game day thread we were all bopping a NE troll who
    hit me after I said Bellicheat and someone from this forum piled on. He went vs a Ravens fan because of his political views while the rest of the board kept bopping the troll.

    And don't forget yourself and all the times you ganged up on me.
    You asked me to stop posting religious remarks. Yea, you were nice
    but I said I have a higher authority to answer to. You've
    been hating on me since. Ive given you credit in this thread and others so I showed you respect. I said great post when you said someone had to back up his stuff on Kerry.

    I remember when you were new and asked some people to join you for a drink in Fells Point. Nothing wrong with that and a couple of guys showed up and you had a good time but there were tons of posts, about 5 pages worth of guys who said they'd never drink with you and that had nothing to do with politics. At least here it's all politics except when the libs take it to the other forum.

    When I complained to a MOD about you for hitting me he said you
    were usually blunt in your posts. So you have had your moments
    too. We all have. And I say that with respect. I'm just trying to say you haven't shown a lot of respect for certain people in both forums.

    Politics is a divisive subject so people aren't going to respect the other views.

    I have my friends on here who PM me all the time and I've even
    met some of them and partied with them. We share the same
    views. It works both ways. One even agreed with my Penn State comments but was afraid to post them. Even Toastmasters said Im
    not afraid to say what I think. BTW, the last PM I got said there
    was a bunch of vaginas on here. LOL

    I just lumped Dade in the other group for his statement. He's hit
    me a few times.

    Respect works both ways. Had I been posting the president is great threads and GO LIBERALS, they wouldn't have attacked me. One even said he came in here to attack me because of my anti-liberal threads.

    And like I said, I've been in here longer than anyone accept you but longer on the entire board than you and anyone in this forum.

    I was out with a gal and said I posted here and a couple of other boards and she said you must be a machochist. I said I am. She said they crucify on on those boards. I could never go on.


    Did you wonder why so many threads have 10 times the hits than
    replies in both forums? That's because they're scared to come on and say what they think knowing they'll get attacked in called stupid.
    Nobody but nobody ever called me stupid in person. Not even in bar fights where fists were flying. Just last week a guy got on me for yelling and cheering for a friend who was singing. I do have a boisterous voice but I jut looked at him and he went back to drinking and I went back to cheering. He finally left but never called me ignorant. Only liberals in the comfort of their own homes knowing they can't get kicked in the teeth.

    Such is the nature of message boards but as Galen once said,
    it's just an anonymous message board Trap. True, Except for all the
    friends I made on here and met with in person because they respect me and like me - guys like Mista T whom Ive traveled with all over the country spending thousands to watch the Ravens play.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-18-2012 at 09:42 AM.
    Pic of a natural act: UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU. THE PAST IS NOT DEAD, IN FACT, IT IS NOT EVEN PAST.' WILLIAM FAULKNER.




  4. #64

    Re: Secretary of Defense Kerry?

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Did you wonder why so many threads have 10 times the hits than
    replies in both forums? That's because they're scared to come on and say what they think knowing they'll get attacked in called stupid.
    You don't exactly welcome debate

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Europeans just don't understand American politics.
    http://russellstreetreport.com/forum...541#post476541
    I'll be on my way so
    Maybe 15 posts in this forum in three years and I know nothing.....

    To quote another poster from your Herman Cain thread


    Quote Originally Posted by JStruds View Post
    It amaze me how little we know about the rest of the world and how much they know about us; language, culture and even geography.
    Was a bit dismissive, that's all




  5. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    10,056
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Secretary of Defense Kerry?

    Ah, the revenge factor. Now there's respect.

    But it's true. Europeans don't understand American politics. I can't say that?

    You corrected me on PIGGS when I discussed European politics but I didn't get my
    feelings hurt. You knew more than me there. I kept asking you for updates on what was going on with the riots in Europe. You also said I was widely and well read when someone else said I couldn't read.

    And here you said I was interesting when I explained how America owed its birth to
    Benjamin Franklin literally and physically screwing his way thru the French Court to
    the King to get weapons.

    You posted the HBO series on him which described the same thing. I call that good
    discourse.

    http://russellstreetreport.com/forum...ht=#post435549




    Then I answered your questions on how the Super Pacs operated when you didn't know what they were. BTW, that proved you didn't understand American politics just like I didn't
    understand European politics since I'm not there.



    I kept calling you and Gordon our European specialists.

    I showed you a lot of respect while disagreeing with one thing you said and you get
    your feelings hurt. Geesh.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-19-2012 at 01:30 AM.
    Pic of a natural act: UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU. THE PAST IS NOT DEAD, IN FACT, IT IS NOT EVEN PAST.' WILLIAM FAULKNER.




  6. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    10,056
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Secretary of Defense Kerry?

    I now have the top 4 of 5 threads with over 3,000 hits and over 200 replies.
    Pic of a natural act: UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU. THE PAST IS NOT DEAD, IN FACT, IT IS NOT EVEN PAST.' WILLIAM FAULKNER.




  7. #67

    Re: Secretary of Defense Kerry?

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    I now have the top 4 of 5 threads with over 3,000 hits and over 200 replies.




  8. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    23,154
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Secretary of Defense Kerry?

    I really hate "liberals" vs "conservatives".

    Those terms are antiquated generic bullshit buckets.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/




  9. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    6,882

    Re: Secretary of Defense Kerry?

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I really hate "liberals" vs "conservatives".

    Those terms are antiquated generic bullshit buckets.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

    Democrat vs Republican, left vs right, liberal vs conservative. MSNBC vs Fox News. Yada Yada Yada

    Everyone gets caught up in the fight pays no attention to what is or is not getting done, meanwhile we just keep reelecting the same idiots because... "well hey, at least their not one of those guys"
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  10. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    23,154
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Secretary of Defense Kerry?

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

    Democrat vs Republican, left vs right, liberal vs conservative. MSNBC vs Fox News. Yada Yada Yada

    Everyone gets caught up in the fight pays no attention to what is or is not getting done, meanwhile we just keep reelecting the same idiots because... "well hey, at least their not one of those guys"
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland