Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 49 to 60 of 69
  1. #49

    Re: Big Jen Ruled OUT for Sunday!!!



    Ben's going to be out a lot longer than this Sunday's Ravens game.

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...his-rib-injury.

    I hope he recovers fully - but you've got to wonder how he keeps on going with this type of injury - even after it "heals" - whenever that is.





  2. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,387
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    Ben's going to be out a lot longer than this Sunday's Ravens game.

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...his-rib-injury.

    I hope he recovers fully - but you've got to wonder how he keeps on going with this type of injury - even after it "heals" - whenever that is.
    I really doubt he plays this season again. No doctor will clear him so soon after an injury they have no information on.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




  3. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    8,877
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Big Jen Ruled OUT for Sunday!!!

    IDK if he'll be out for the rest of the year, because Jen does big his injuries up, and even though I was part of the "the injury is real" camp, I just don't know with him. If it's 100 % true what he's saying though, he probably wont and shouldn't play for the rest of the season, because he mentioned that there's the possibility of putting pressure on his aorta because of the bone sticking out or something, and runs the risk of his bone fracturing in his clavicle and bursting an artery. If that's the case, I actually question his future in football in general, as it's a life threatening injury. But, more likely than not, it's just Jen being Jen, a dram queen. I do hope he heals soon though.




  4. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,387
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    IDK if he'll be out for the rest of the year, because Jen does big his injuries up, and even though I was part of the "the injury is real" camp, I just don't know with him. If it's 100 % true what he's saying though, he probably wont and shouldn't play for the rest of the season, because he mentioned that there's the possibility of putting pressure on his aorta because of the bone sticking out or something, and runs the risk of his bone fracturing in his clavicle and bursting an artery. If that's the case, I actually question his future in football in general, as it's a life threatening injury. But, more likely than not, it's just Jen being Jen, a dram queen. I do hope he heals soon though.
    It's not up to Ben though. It's up to the doctors who will be very cautious with a potentially life threatening injury. This isn't a high ankle sprain that you can tape up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




  5. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    8,877
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Big Jen Ruled OUT for Sunday!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    It's not up to Ben though. It's up to the doctors who will be very cautious with a potentially life threatening injury. This isn't a high ankle sprain that you can tape up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very true. It really all depends on how much truth was coming out of Jens mouth about his injury.




  6. Re: Big Jen Ruled OUT for Sunday!!!

    I'm guessing that
    1) Ben does NOT play this week
    2) We f-up and lose anyway
    3) We beat Pitt in our house and win the division




  7. #55

    Re: Big Jen Ruled OUT for Sunday!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Very true. It really all depends on how much truth was coming out of Jens mouth about his injury.
    But it's not HIM that is talking about the injury, it's everyone else.

    That said, I don't know what to believe. I'll say this too, if this was a previous injury he's been hiding from the team, then he's a bigger shithead than if he were playing up a minor injury. IF this is something life-threatening with the wrong hit.




  8. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    section 132
    Posts
    2,644
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Big Jen Ruled OUT for Sunday!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    But it's not HIM that is talking about the injury, it's everyone else.

    That said, I don't know what to believe. I'll say this too, if this was a previous injury he's been hiding from the team, then he's a bigger shithead than if he were playing up a minor injury. IF this is something life-threatening with the wrong hit.
    Actually Ben has said that the rib injury is the most serious, that his pain is at 9 out of 10, he has had to sleep in a chair, and that the dislocated rib could potential stab his aiorta (sp?) and puncture his lung. Of course its his typical drama queen schtick, but it does sound pretty serious. No way he plays either game against us.




  9. #57
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    4,137
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Big Jen Ruled OUT for Sunday!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Well, as Tomlin said, Hines Ward and Derrick Mason aren't playing either, but it doesn't matter who is in the uniform. It's still the Steelers and the Ravens.
    Did Mike really say that? I hate his freaking guts but I really like the guy.




  10. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Monterey, CA
    Posts
    408

    Re: Big Jen Ruled OUT for Sunday!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Actually Ben has said that the rib injury is the most serious, that his pain is at 9 out of 10, he has had to sleep in a chair, and that the dislocated rib could potential stab his aiorta (sp?) and puncture his lung. Of course its his typical drama queen schtick, but it does sound pretty serious. No way he plays either game against us.
    If it's as bad as mine was, it could very well be awhile. I dislocated a rib while I was wrestling in high school, and that was by far both the most painful and simultaneously most annoying injury I've ever had. It depends on how badly it separates. Mine was such so that as long as I wasn't putting any force on my torso, it was fine, but if I did anything which required very much in the way of contraction of abdominal muscles, it would pull the rib out of place. It sucked. I was unable to even roll over in bed for awhile without pulling it out, and I remember one of the most intense moments of pain in my life was when I sat down hard, and the sudden compression of my torso on landing popped it out and stuck it into whatever organ was closest.

    I was down hard for a bit over a month--as in, not able to do much of anything. However, I'm sure he's got better docs than I had (which was no docs after initial diagnosis, and the advice to take it easy b/c there wasn't really anything they could do but let it heal). The thing with my injury, and I presume his as well, is that the dislocation basically amounts to the bony part of the rib separating from the cartilaginous part. From what I've heard, cartilage takes a long time to heal because it typically gets not much blood flow, and the thing with this sort of injury is, even when it feels good, how much do you trust it? Took me a long time to really trust that thing again, and mine wasn't in a spot where it might clip my aorta.

    He might be back in a couple of weeks, and if he is, I'll tip my hat to him even if he's a Stealer. That's a real bad injury all around.




  11. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    12,960
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Big Jen Ruled OUT for Sunday!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by BMann View Post
    Karl Rove, is that you???
    outstanding!




  12. #60

    Re: Big Jen Ruled OUT for Sunday!!!

    If there is a god we will go to Pittsburgh and beat them 35-3 and then get to sit back and watch the Steeler Nation go into discussion board equivalent of a seizure. In my heart I wanna beat the Steelers with Ben, my mind tells me though that you take the gift and be happy.
    A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,
    -Ray Lewis




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland