Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pass Rush Improvements

Has anyone noticed an improvement in the pass rush over the past 3 games. I have and seen a large part due to pressure from Kruger taking advantage of the Suggs double team and Cody stepping up. I am hoping the rest helped Ngata.

I hope to see Upshaw rushing in passing downs at times but he will be doing more of that next year when Kruger is an FA.

Blog Entries

Re: Pass Rush Improvements

I hope having McPhee healthy will help also.

I think Ellerbe has provided a lot of pressure from his A-Gap blitzes. I like that as soon as he hits the hole his gets skinny to slice through and force the QB out of the pocket.

Blog Entries

It's more due to the competition than anything else. Going against a rookie QB one week and a crap o-line the next week is going to make you look pretty good.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

I think Suggs is huge here. Plus if a few more on the line get healthy. Going to need it with the secondary banged up.

Of course it isn't how you start, its how you finish. I'll grade the D when the season is over. Lot of injuries this year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I think Suggs is huge here. Plus if a few more on the line get healthy. Going to need it with the secondary banged up.

Of course it isn't how you start, its how you finish. I'll grade the D when the season is over. Lot of injuries this year.
    Suggs is a great point too. He's a good a rusher as everyone else combined. Getting Suggs back was huge
    He Who Dares.....Wins

It's a mix of the competition and Suggs being back. No one was getting the attention that Sizzle has now started to receive from opposing offenses.

Blog Entries

someone else needs to step up though and be a legit guy next to suggs, someone needs to cease those one on one opportunities so it gives offenses a second rusher to think about. Kruger needs to make a name for himself with every pass rush snap right now or even upshaw. Someone needs to solidify that second rush.

Blog Entries

I hope they can stop the run this Sunday; that's going to be huge.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I hope they can stop the run this Sunday; that's going to be huge.
    If the Ravens stop the run, and the offense doesn't turn the ball over, I think there is a very good chance we will win, because Leftwich can't win games off his arm.

Blog Entries

I agree that getting McPhee back (a 100% McPhee, that is) should be a good thing.

I also really liked seeing them move Upshaw around. It is that kind of creative thinking that is going to produce mismatches and confuse the offense.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Beyond sacks, I loved seeing all the tipped passes at the line last Sunday. It's usually an automatic incompletion and a lot of times it gets picked as was the case for Kruger.

If Byron does his wind up thing hopefully that gives the guys up front a chance to get airborne.