Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 72 of 77
  1. Re: Steeler Doctors believe Roethlisberger will be out for 3 weeks.



    Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    There's no use in using that kind of projection. It's basically assuming that if one thing changes, everything else remains the same.

    I think it's safe to assume that even the slightest change in the game would cause other things to change, including the playcalling.
    Any of us can (and have) play this game that Complex chooses to play.

    If Lardarius Webb was in the game he more then most likely would have been covering Mike Wallace who very well might not have been able to make the opening drive catch putting Leftwich into position to run it in the next play.

    If Pitta wouldn't have been knocked out early I'm pretty sure the play calling would have been directed his way more so then it was to Dickson.

    There's a whole lot of if so and so was playing........
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!




  2. #62
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    60

    Re: Steeler Doctors believe Roethlisberger will be out for 3 weeks.

    i dont care if Ben is back in time for the rematch the Ravens are a different team at home average almost 38 points?

    we built this team to beat Pittsburgh and thats exactly what we are gonna do




  3. #63

    Re: Steeler Doctors believe Roethlisberger will be out for 3 weeks.

    If Ben plays against the Ravens, then most will say the drama queen played everyone including doctors who said it would take a while to heal. Steelers have a reputation for playing the injured game for a while now.Saw a post where ben,troy and leftwhich are not on the injury report, if so, does the nfl fine them?Hope he does play against the Ravens, it could be the deciding game to see if the steelers can win out the rest of the season.Steelers defense is awesome again this year, but if the offense doesn't do well, it will make winning tough.




  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,178
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Steeler Doctors believe Roethlisberger will be out for 3 weeks.

    Roethlisberger wanted to out do Sizzle on this one.




  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Tampa, Fl.
    Posts
    369

    Re: Steeler Doctors believe Roethlisberger will be out for 3 weeks.

    Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    If Ben plays against the Ravens, then most will say the drama queen played everyone including doctors who said it would take a while to heal. Steelers have a reputation for playing the injured game for a while now.Saw a post where ben,troy and leftwhich are not on the injury report, if so, does the nfl fine them?Hope he does play against the Ravens, it could be the deciding game to see if the steelers can win out the rest of the season.Steelers defense is awesome again this year, but if the offense doesn't do well, it will make winning tough.
    You should read the injury report again. They are all on it.


    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ger-out-again/




  6. #66

    Re: Steeler Doctors believe Roethlisberger will be out for 3 weeks.

    What game am I playing? I never said anything about the Steelers missing players. Or if "so and so was playing...." I just asked about Flacco being out. I also said if Lefty would have made any kind of impact later on the game, I think the Steelers would have won.

    Webb would not have made a difference, Lefty sucked. Pitta could make the difference. I like our chances with Batch much better. Problem is, this one is Baltimore!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Any of us can (and have) play this game that Complex chooses to play.
    If Lardarius Webb was in the game he more then most likely would have been covering Mike Wallace who very well might not have been able to make the opening drive catch putting Leftwich into position to run it in the next play.

    If Pitta wouldn't have been knocked out early I'm pretty sure the play calling would have been directed his way more so then it was to Dickson.

    There's a whole lot of if so and so was playing........
    Last edited by Complex; 11-23-2012 at 11:23 PM.




  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,178
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Steeler Doctors believe Roethlisberger will be out for 3 weeks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    What game am I playing? I never said anything about the Steelers missing players. Or if "so and so was playing...." I just asked about Flacco being out. I also said if Lefty would have made any kind of impact later on the game, I think the Steelers would have won.

    Webb would not have made a difference, Lefty sucked. Pitta could make the difference. I like our chances with Batch much better. Problem is, this one is Baltimore!
    Charlie Batch isn't coming into Baltimore and beating the Ravens with all that crowd noise and an improved defense. The offense will be much more effective, I wouldn't be surprised if I seen the no huddle a little more at home.

    Only chance is if Jen plays, and makes a mysterious miracle recovery, which I strangely see happening as it's some how happened in the past too many times.




  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Posts
    1,096

    Re: Steeler Doctors believe Roethlisberger will be out for 3 weeks.

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Charlie Batch isn't coming into Baltimore and beating the Ravens with all that crowd noise and an improved defense. The offense will be much more effective, I wouldn't be surprised if I seen the no huddle a little more at home.

    Only chance is if Jen plays, and makes a mysterious miracle recovery, which I strangely see happening as it's some how happened in the past too many times.
    I couldn't agree more. Ben is the reason the Steelers compete year in and year out. I get that the D is good, but Ben keeps it moving...




  9. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Posts
    189

    Re: Steeler Doctors believe Roethlisberger will be out for 3 weeks.

    I have to re post this because its freaking funny.

    http://www.dve.com/player/?station=W...l&mid=22633162




  10. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Redskins Land (North Virginia)
    Posts
    146
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Steeler Doctors believe Roethlisberger will be out for 3 weeks.

    Quote Originally Posted by CRZA938 View Post
    I couldn't agree more. Ben is the reason the Steelers compete year in and year out. I get that the D is good, but Ben keeps it moving...
    Ok, don't thank Heath, Starks, Polamalu, Keisel/Hampton, Clark and Taylor :P




  11. Re: Steeler Doctors believe Roethlisberger will be out for 3 weeks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    Had Leftwich had any kind ability that would have been an easy win for the Steelers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    What game am I playing? I never said anything about the Steelers missing players. Or if "so and so was playing...." I just asked about Flacco being out. I also said if Lefty would have made any kind of impact later on the game, I think the Steelers would have won.

    Webb would not have made a difference, Lefty sucked. Pitta could make the difference. I like our chances with Batch much better. Problem is, this one is Baltimore!
    Predicting that if Leftwich wouldn't have been hurt (lacking ability) would have meant an easy win for the Steelers is pretty much the same thing as missing players.

    I think all of us on both sides of this fence would prefer to see the two teams face off at full strength, but unfortunately it just doesn't happen this late in the year.
    And IMO, Webb being in there on the first play very well might have made a difference.
    He is our best corner who very well might have been in much better position against Wallace on that first play to break it up.
    If that play doesn't happen, then the play where Leftwich runs in for the TD probably doesn't happen.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!




  12. #72

    Re: Steeler Doctors believe Roethlisberger will be out for 3 weeks.

    I did not say anything about Lefty being hurt! I just said that if he could have gotten things moving later on the game I believe we would have won. My response is not about missing players, injuries, "what if plays," excuses, etc. I did not reference any of those things. The Ravens won and the Steelers lost with what both of them had. I am fine with that. Frustrated from a loss, yes, of course. But I am not going to make excuses for them. And yes, he lacks ability. I am scratching my head over his start. Batch is by far a more technically, competent, QB. I think he will give the Steelers more of a chance next game.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Predicting that if Leftwich wouldn't have been hurt (lacking ability) would have meant an easy win for the Steelers is pretty much the same thing as missing players.

    I think all of us on both sides of this fence would prefer to see the two teams face off at full strength, but unfortunately it just doesn't happen this late in the year.
    And IMO, Webb being in there on the first play very well might have made a difference.
    He is our best corner who very well might have been in much better position against Wallace on that first play to break it up.
    If that play doesn't happen, then the play where Leftwich runs in for the TD probably doesn't happen.
    Last edited by Complex; 11-24-2012 at 09:33 AM.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland