Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 13
  1. #1

    A Successful Team in Transition.



    This really is a team in transition. You can choose to credit whomever you like for the 8-2 record that they currently enjoy.

    Defensively, I think an issue, moreso than talent, is that they've had to give so many inexperienced players, significant playing time altogether. Terrance Cody is only in his second year as a full-time starter. Pernell McPhee and Paul Kruger were never full-time starters before, nor was Jimmy Smith. Ellerbe hadn't seen significant playing time as a starter since his rookie season. The reality is that's a lot of inexperience.

    Offensively, this is the first year that Joe Flacco has been given a significant amount of control over the offense. Torrey Smith still has room to grow as a route runner and there's some youth on the offensive line.

    Despite both sides of the ball struggling at times, this team has found a way to finish their first ten games 8-2. That shows that the makeup of the team is strong overall.

    For this team be so successful, while in a transition, is impressive, in my opinion. Most teams do not see such results in the W/L department, while transitioning.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    13,450
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: A Successful Team in Transition.

    and the season really does start on Thanksgiving. It's all about what happens from here on out; for every team. Getting players back from injury or losing a key player down the stretch. Stealing a win on the road.

    The real season starts this week




  3. #3

    Re: A Successful Team in Transition.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    and the season really does start on Thanksgiving. It's all about what happens from here on out; for every team. Getting players back from injury or losing a key player down the stretch. Stealing a win on the road.

    The real season starts this week
    One key reason why we are able to say that is, because they've taken care of business up to this point. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a 'real' season for us.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  4. #4

    Re: A Successful Team in Transition.

    As the season has progressed the defense has improved, in part, because the young and inexperienced guys have settle in into their positions. In the Steelers game you saw Art Jones finally showing up, D'Angelo Tyson has responded well after being forced into action, Corey Graham has played better after starting off slow, Cody looked a lot better in the Raiders game.

    On Offense, Kelechi just stifled Woodley for the most of the game and Jah (while not getting much push up front) was a wall in pass pro.




  5. #5

    Re: A Successful Team in Transition.

    It's a true testament to management and coaching that this team is 8-2, really. Yes, we got a break with a schedule turning out much easier than we thought it would be before the season, but the way we've played honestly the record could be a lot worse. I have a sneaking feeling lately that this is the year we get HOT at the right time.

    Though I still thing the Giants smash us. That game is going to be ugly lol.




  6. #6

    Re: A Successful Team in Transition.

    In the NFL these days, with about 20% of your roster turning over just about every team is in transition with the cap. I dont see this as any different than any other year really. It's the systems you employ to meet your personel and then execute and hope to stay injury free and catch a few luck breaks on the way. Coaching is the key element.




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,053
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: A Successful Team in Transition.

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    It's a true testament to management and coaching that this team is 8-2, really. Yes, we got a break with a schedule turning out much easier than we thought it would be before the season, but the way we've played honestly the record could be a lot worse. I have a sneaking feeling lately that this is the year we get HOT at the right time.

    Though I still thing the Giants smash us. That game is going to be ugly lol.
    Oh you mean the Giants who got trounced on the road VS Cincy? The same team we "smashed"?

    Comon bro, at least come up with some solid reasons. If anyones going to beat us at home this year, it's the Broncos, or the Steelers (with Big Ben) in the play offs. Do't count out the Pats either. I honestly think the only QB's who can beat us at home right now are Peyton, Brady, and Jen.




  8. #8

    Re: A Successful Team in Transition.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    In the NFL these days, with about 20% of your roster turning over just about every team is in transition with the cap. I dont see this as any different than any other year really. It's the systems you employ to meet your personel and then execute and hope to stay injury free and catch a few luck breaks on the way. Coaching is the key element.
    Think that 20% is a bit high, especially if you're considering starters. If you consider 22 starters, 20% would be 4 a year. Dunno if I'd say that is the average. I'd say that is more of a big change. I'd think along the lines of 2 a year, for good teams anyway.




  9. #9

    Re: A Successful Team in Transition.

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Oh you mean the Giants who got trounced on the road VS Cincy? The same team we "smashed"?

    Comon bro, at least come up with some solid reasons. If anyones going to beat us at home this year, it's the Broncos, or the Steelers (with Big Ben) in the play offs. Do't count out the Pats either. I honestly think the only QB's who can beat us at home right now are Peyton, Brady, and Jen.
    Not to Hijack, but Denver really doesn't scare me at all. Peyton wasn't the reason the Colts manhandled us in his day there. It was their cover 2 D that we just couldn't score on. We held him to statistical lows. The Giants on the other hand have everything that we've had issues with this year.




  10. #10

    Re: A Successful Team in Transition.

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Oh you mean the Giants who got trounced on the road VS Cincy? The same team we "smashed"?

    Comon bro, at least come up with some solid reasons. If anyones going to beat us at home this year, it's the Broncos, or the Steelers (with Big Ben) in the play offs. Do't count out the Pats either. I honestly think the only QB's who can beat us at home right now are Peyton, Brady, and Jen.
    Yeah the same Giants team. Under Coughlin for whatever reason they are just dreadful in November, don't know why. They get red hot in December. Like clockwork.

    But that's not my defense of my position, that's just a fact. The truth is they run the exact type of defense that give Joe Flacco absolute fits and there's just no part of me that can envision Flacco having success against their defense. I'd love to come back here and eat crow and be way wrong on that but it's the teams that can get pressure with 4 and still disguise coverages that get Flacco to hold the ball that extra 0.5 seconds and make dumbass throws. Think San Diego last season, those old games against the Bengals, etc. I'd literally be SHOCKED if Flacco had a good game against the Giants. Shocked.

    On top of that they have the type of quick strike offense that could bury us in a hole fast once Flacco and gang start off slowly, as I fully expect they will. This game just has blow out written all over it. I'm just hopeful it won't matter. The way SD is playing we shouldn't lose to them. We shouldn't lose to Cincy or Washington either. That's 11 wins regardless of anything else.




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    6,781

    Re: A Successful Team in Transition.

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Oh you mean the Giants who got trounced on the road VS Cincy? The same team we "smashed"?

    Comon bro, at least come up with some solid reasons. If anyones going to beat us at home this year, it's the Broncos, or the Steelers (with Big Ben) in the play offs. Do't count out the Pats either. I honestly think the only QB's who can beat us at home right now are Peyton, Brady, and Jen.
    Team A losing to Team B, that in turn lost to Team C...doesn't mean Team C will beat Team A.
    "I got this." - Justin Tucker




  12. #12

    Re: A Successful Team in Transition.

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    Yeah the same Giants team. Under Coughlin for whatever reason they are just dreadful in November, don't know why. They get red hot in December. Like clockwork.
    Under Coughlin, the Giants are 16-23 in December. That's not even room temperature...




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland