Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 90
  1. #37

    Re: Chargers place Jared Gaither on IR



    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    But at least we can count on Oher to actually work to improve and play whatever position the coaches think will help the team.
    hmm funny how yu word that since his rookie year was his best... it wasn't even close until this year, but he still was better as a rookie RT. IMproving is something I have seen happen VERY slowly with Oher on the left, and NOT AT ALL on the right.




  2. #38

    Re: Chargers place Jared Gaither on IR

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Michael Oher doesn't miss games with mysterious injuries, and will actually get up every morning and put in a hards day work for the Ravens... Gaither hasn't played more than 9 games in the last three seasons. Oher isn't as talented as Jarred Gaither, infact he has no where near the natural talent that Gaither has, but Oher has been solid this season and doesn't sit games out, that's good enough for me, you can't have all pros in every position.
    Only baltimore fans find the injury to be mysterious. MANY doctors since he left have found the injury very easy to diagnose. He failed a physical and re-injured it twice already this year.

    Complain becuase the guy can't healthy, if you are going to complain about anything.

    Ansd you are right, Oher has perhaps HALF the talent Gaither has, it's a pity, as you said, he's been a far better player the last 3 years, by default.




  3. #39

    Re: Chargers place Jared Gaither on IR

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    hmm funny how yu word that since his rookie year was his best... it wasn't even close until this year, but he still was better as a rookie RT. IMproving is something I have seen happen VERY slowly with Oher on the left, and NOT AT ALL on the right.
    And yet Oher's has made himself in to an adequate tackle while Gaither probably won't be on the Chargers next year.




  4. #40

    Re: Chargers place Jared Gaither on IR

    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    And yet Oher's has made himself in to an adequate tackle while Gaither probably won't be on the Chargers next year.
    ok? where have i disagreed with that? Oher, a first round pick, has VERY SLOWLY evolved to be "just" adequate at LT, where as Gaither, a 5th round supplemental pick, came in right away and was a flat out STUD. That's all I'm saying, the potential was ridiculous,and very poorly wasted away due to work ethic and injuries. It sucks thinking what could have been, but will never be.




  5. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,056
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Chargers place Jared Gaither on IR

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Only baltimore fans find the injury to be mysterious. MANY doctors since he left have found the injury very easy to diagnose. He failed a physical and re-injured it twice already this year.

    Complain becuase the guy can't healthy, if you are going to complain about anything.

    Ansd you are right, Oher has perhaps HALF the talent Gaither has, it's a pity, as you said, he's been a far better player the last 3 years, by default.
    But the facts still remain.... Gaither is likely done in the league, irrelevant of injuries or character flaws, something stops him from getting onto the field, he's only played 9 games in 3 seasons, case closed.




  6. #42

    Re: Chargers place Jared Gaither on IR

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    ok? where have i disagreed with that? Oher, a first round pick, has VERY SLOWLY evolved to be "just" adequate at LT, where as Gaither, a 5th round supplemental pick, came in right away and was a flat out STUD. That's all I'm saying, the potential was ridiculous,and very poorly wasted away due to work ethic and injuries. It sucks thinking what could have been, but will never be.
    That development was hindered by being flip-flopped every year in the league.




  7. #43

    Re: Chargers place Jared Gaither on IR

    what case? all im saying is the guy gets too much unnecessary hate for a guy that contributed a LOT for how little we invested in him. That's an undisputable fact. Maybe in 5 more years Oher will approach the level of play Gaither put in in his sophmore year, first season playing at 21 or 22 years of age.




  8. #44

    Re: Chargers place Jared Gaither on IR

    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    That development was hindered by being flip-flopped every year in the league.
    says you.

    Many scouts willpoint out that he was VERY near a finished project coming out of school, as opposed to the movie telling you he played very little football. I think, my personal opinion mind you, that he has reached the ceiling that his far too small to play lft tackle frame allows him. Or very close to it.




  9. #45

    Re: Chargers place Jared Gaither on IR

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    says you.

    Many scouts willpoint out that he was VERY near a finished project coming out of school, as opposed to the movie telling you he played very little football. I think, my personal opinion mind you, that he has reached the ceiling that his far too small to play lft tackle frame allows him. Or very close to it.
    Well just agree to disagree then because the way you feel about Gaither getting to much hate is how I feel about Oher shouldering much more blame than he should.




  10. #46

    Re: Chargers place Jared Gaither on IR

    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Well just agree to disagree then because the way you feel about Gaither getting to much hate is how I feel about Oher shouldering much more blame than he should.
    ok fair enough. He's got the feet.... I'll give him that.




  11. #47

    Re: Chargers place Jared Gaither on IR

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    you obviously are forgetting the nearly two years of solid- to - great play he had here, as well as the 5 games for San Diego. He certainly wasn't a waste of space the FEW TIMES that he was a top 10 left tackle playing for peanuts.

    Listen, I understand he's a Lazy POS, and Baltimore fans were watching the O's game that night, but anyone that saw him get hurt in the second to last snap of that game(it was sunday or monday night, can't remember the opponent right now) would KNOW FOR SURE the injury is REAL. Dude is hurt. Sucks to be him, and anyone on his team paying his salary. There is absolutely NOTHING mythical about his injury.

    And Suggs didn't see through anyhting last year when they played, he didn't get past Gaither once all game.

    I get it, we're supposed to hate him, but geez, he could have been one of if not the best LT in football. He ISN'T and almost certainly WON'T, but he could have and we had him here for peanuts. It's a missed opportunity.
    Harbaugh tried to get him to understand that he had to take better care of his body of this would happen. Gaither didn't listen. In the end, to everyone's dismay, Gaither still got what he wanted. Harbaugh tried everything. He tried talking to him behind the scenes. That didn't work. He called him out in public. That worked for, what, a week of OTAs? He switched the two tackles when he showed up out of shape at mini-camp. That didn't work.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  12. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    21,211
    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    MANY of HIS doctors since he left have found the injury very easy to diagnose.
    Fixed it for you.

    And if its "very easy to diagnose" why have two teams now signed him since he left Bmore? Are they both incompetent that they could not diagnose his alleged back problems?

    And can you stop with the hater nonsense? Just because we have differing opinions doesn't mean we hate him. I can give two shits about Gaither.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland