Blog Entries

Tools for victory

This was a great break down by Matt Millen on the NFLN. I am interested to see what Pees is doing with this defense lately, we're starting to see some more creative and complex blitzes instead of just rushing 7 men straight ahead making it easy to pick up. I guess the move up to the box has helped.

I liked the way Upshaw dropped back into coverage the way an ILB would.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/video...6-8c0e7eeb71e4
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 11-25-2012 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Correction on name

Blog Entries

Re: Tools for victory

Nice video but I have a gripe. John has been around long enough and accomplished enough, that he has earned the right for people to stop calling him Jim.

I swear if I didn't know any better I'd think Jim Harbaugh coaches the Ravens and the 49ers.

Rant Over.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    This was a great break down by Matt Miller on the NFLN. I am interested to see what Pees is doing with this defense lately, we're starting to see some more creative and complex blitzes instead of just rushing 7 men straight ahead making it easy to pick up. I guess the move up to the box has helped.

I liked the way Upshaw dropped back into coverage the way an ILB would.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/video...6-8c0e7eeb71e4
    I remember one play in that game that Upshaw was covering a receiver 30 yards down the field on the sideline... and he didn't commit PI while preventing a completion. I was seriously impressed...

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Nice video but I have a gripe. John has been around long enough and accomplished enough, that he has earned the right for people to stop calling him Jim.

I swear if I didn't know any better I'd think Jim Harbaugh coaches the Ravens and the 49ers.

Rant Over.
    Yeah I'm really getting tired of that too.
    "I got this." - Justin Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    I remember one play in that game that Upshaw was covering a receiver 30 yards down the field on the sideline... and he didn't commit PI while preventing a completion. I was seriously impressed...
    Ah yes...this was the play I was trying to recall when I read the OP a few hours ago. Thanks!
    I can't wait to see Upshaw in 2013 with a full and productive off-season under his belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post

Rant Over.
    Thank you! This pisses me off, too.