I’m wondering if I’m the only one trying to find a team to hitch my emotional fanwagon to during the postseason.
Let’s consider the possibilities…
- New England: Yeah right… I’d rather wear Tom Brady Uggs than root for them.
- Cincinnati: No thanks…I want Andy Dalton to continue to be for the Bengals what Matt Schaub is for the Texans.
- Indianapolis: Isn’t that blasphemy for a Baltimore native?
- Denver: Sorry, sick of hearing about Peyton Manning and I’ll never forgive Mr. Ed, aka John Elway.
- San Diego: Nope. Phillip Rivers got his last name because he regularly cries one.
- Philadelphia: I sort of like those knucklehead fans having a trophy case without a Lombardi.
- Carolina: I’ll wait until that kid from the Play 60 ad takes over for Cam Newton.
- New Orleans: Seriously, does anyone think the Saints can march into the Meadowlands in February and win?
- San Francisco: Really like Q but despise Brother Jim more! Just an arrogant franchise.
- Seattle: Can’t root for a coach who leaves a college program (USC) in shambles and then signs a 5-year deal for $33M+
So that leaves two teams, the Kansas City Chiefs and the Green Bay Packers.
I think I like that improbable match-up.
The Packers for me, are hard to dislike. If I could pick a quarterback for the Ravens my ideal choice would be Aaron Rodgers, provided of course Mike McCarthy came along with him. I also like RB Eddie Lacy – a guy who hits the hole hard and is a north and south runner.
As far as the Chiefs are concerned, what a great story! If they could win out the Chiefs would become the poster team for parity in the NFL going from the very worst club to the very best. Such a fairy tail couldn’t happen to a better guy, Andy Reid, who has weathered his share of personal tragedy in recent years.
Kansas City Chiefs v. Green Bay Packers…I like it.
A repeat of Super Bowl I.
Thanks…I feel better now.
I’m glad we had this chat.
Hot off the street
We know all too well in Baltimore what it's like to have the spotlight of the national media fixed on our team and our city. Whether it's people around the nation poking fun at us because of TV shows ...read more