1. As the Baltimore Ravens hit the field today in a scrimmage against the Washington Redskins at M&T Bank Stadium, all eyes will be on $40 million running back Willis McGahee. He’s already acknowledged that he’ll be feeling a tad nervous. Will he begin resurrecting a dormant running game?
2. The Ravens have been talking a lot about fancy one-back formations and three and four wide receiver sets. Will today offer a glimpse of a more explosive offense or will it be fairly vanilla since it’s just a scrimmage? Will quarterback Steve McNair, in limited action, flash an increased comfort level with the offense as he enters his second year?
3. Rookies like quarterback Troy Smith, speedy return specialist Yamon Figurs and offensive tackle Jared Gaither are set to make their NFL debuts. Will Smith grasp the offense and silence the critics that continue to doubt the Heisman Trophy winner? Is Figurs’ speed going to be enough, or does he need a lot more polish on his game as a receiver and return man challenging incumbent B.J. Sams? Will Gaither keep walling off defenders in a curtain call of the show he put on this week?
4. How will a new-look offensive line minus injured All-Pro Jonathan Ogden fare? The Ravens have installed Adam Terry at right tackle, and are waiting for injured rookie right guard Ben Grubbs to resume his competition with Chris Chester once he recovers from a knee sprain.
5. During seven-on-seven passing drills, cornerback Samari Rolle is likely to match up with some good receivers, including Santana Moss. Has he regained his old confidence and form after a rough season?