Additionally, the Ravens waived QB Jalan McClendon and DT Kalil Morris.
Notes on the 6-2, 220-pound Michael Floyd, who the Arizona Cardinals tabbed in the first round (13th overall) of the 2012 draft:
- An eight-year NFL veteran, Floyd, 29, has played in 102 games (51 starts), producing 266 catches for 3,959 yards and 25 touchdowns.
- In 2013, he tallied career bests in receptions (65) and receiving yards (1,041), adding five touchdowns. Twice (2014-15) he produced a single-season career-high six touchdown catches.
- Floyd has played for the Cardinals (2012-16), New England Patriots (2016), Minnesota Vikings (2017) and Washington Redskins (2018).
Notes on the 6-3, 269-pound Pernell McPhee, who originally entered the NFL as a 2011 fifth-round draft pick of the Ravens:
- An eight-year NFL veteran, McPhee, 30, has played in 109 games, seeing action for Baltimore (2011-14), Chicago (2015-17) and Washington (2018). McPhee has totaled 193 tackles, 31 sacks, six forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and one interception during his career.
- During his four seasons with the Ravens, McPhee registered 92 tackles, 17 sacks, 3 forced fumbles and one fumble recovery in 60 games (six starts). McPhee helped the Ravens make three playoff appearances during his four Baltimore seasons, which included a victory in Super Bowl XLVII (2012).
- McPhee tallied a career-high 7.5 sacks with the Ravens in 2014. That season, Baltimore tied (Philadelphia) to produce the NFL’s second-most sacks (49).
McPhee Quote: “I’m thrilled to be back where it all started for me. I feel rejuvenated and can’t wait to join the No. 1 defense from last season. I have so much respect for this franchise and city, and I look forward to being a Raven once again.”
Notes on the 6-3, 245-pound Shane Ray, who was the Denver Broncos’ first-round draft pick (23rd overall) in 2015:
- A four-year NFL veteran, Ray, 25, has played in 49 games (15 starts), racking up 94 tackles, 14 sacks, two forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries.
- Ray posted a career-high eight sacks during the 2016 campaign, also returning one fumble recovery for a touchdown that season.
Ray Quote: “I’m super excited to be a part of this organization. It’s a first-class organization known for having amazing defenses. Just to be out here and to be a part of this team – it means a lot to me. I’m excited to get to work and ready to try to bring a Super Bowl here.”