It’s that time of the year again. Two weeks into the season we begin to get a feel about certain teams. Today, we’re going to analyze the teams who we think could have a successful season.
Every team’s main objective is to reach the Super Bowl final in February. However, there are plenty of games to play between now and then. If a team can make a strong start or get one over on their rivals, it can set the tone for the rest of the campaign.
This could be one of the most competitive seasons in recent history according to NFL tipsters. There are plenty of talented teams who’ll have their eyes firmly set on the prize. Will the Patriots win the Super Bowl for the seventh time or will the Rams get their hands on the trophy for the first time since 1999? Let’s look at some of this year’s candidates.
- New England Patriots – The current champions will be desperate to defend their crown. What’s more, we wouldn’t rule out any team that has Tom Brady on it. The record-breaking quarterback is one of the most decorated players in NFL history. Unlike most players, he’s spent his entire career with the Pats. Another Super Bowl victory this season would add to his already incredible legacy.
- Los Angeles Rams – The Rams will be keen to put last season’s heartbreak behind them. We wouldn’t be surprised if they used it as a catalyst to achieve great things this year. Sean McVay’s team haven’t tasted glory since 1999, but they certainly have the players to turn their fortunes around. We’re expecting Aaron Donald to be a key figure for the Rams again this season.
- Kansas City Chiefs – Kansas City has appeared in the NFL playoffs for four consecutive seasons. We’re expecting Andy Reid’s team to continue that trend. The Chiefs haven’t won a championship since the 1960s, but their fans are quietly confident that they can compete with the Pats and Rams this time around. Write them off at your peril.
- Cleveland Browns – The Browns had a fantastic preseason. John Dorsey’s men picked up wins against the Redskins, Colts, and Lions. They’ll believe that they can cause an upset this year, that’s for sure. What’s more, the Browns have never won a championship and will be eager to bring the NFL’s biggest prize back to the FirstEnergy Stadium.
- Green Bay Packers – The Packers haven’t won a Super Bowl since 2010. Despite that, we think they could be a surprise package this year. Their dressing room is full of experienced players who understand exactly what’s required. Keep a close eye on them. If they start well and rack up a few wins, their confidence will be sky-high.
- Baltimore Ravens – The Ravens have had their fair share of problems, there’s no doubt about that. However, we’re huge fans of Lamar Jackson and we firmly believe that’ll he’ll silence his doubters and have a season to remember. Don’t count out the two-time Super Bowl champions.