If there is one thing Mr. Mojo has learned when it comes to dumbass NFL divas (aka wide receivers), nothing is as it first appears…
- Roy Williams ended up playing like a seventh round pick.
- Marques Colston ended up playing like a first round pick.
- T.O. never became the big fish that saved Dallas.
- Randy Hymes never became the second coming of T.O.
- Chris Henry is not kicked out of the league.
- Braylon Edwards suddenly looks more like a dud than a stud.
- Chris Chambers, Roy Williams, Deion Branch, Marty Booker, Nate Burleson, David Givens,
- Amani Toomer and Justin McCareins have never resembled the top-flight receivers their paychecks would suggest they are.
- Donte Stallworth never spent even a month in jail.
- Marvin Harrison never shot that guy.
- Plaxico Burress may have shot himself without a permit, but now it appears he’ll peer through a facemask again before he sees the world from behind bars.
- Chad Johnson was never traded, and never wore Ocho Cinco on his back either.
- Anquan Boldin’s pay-me or trade-me demands continue to result in nothing.
- Brandon Marshall’s trade-me-out-of-this-hell-hole demands are yielding the same: a big-fat nothing.
- Joshua Cribbs has told the Browns that reneging on his need for a new contract means they’ll now need to trade him; the team has told Cribbs, “we didn’t…and we won’t”
- 35-year-old Seahawks receiver Bobby Engram’s contract demands have gone nowhere.
- 35-year-old Ravens receiver Derrick Mason’s contract demands suddenly became a retirement announcement, which everyone believed, for about an hour and a half.
I tell you, it’s enough to start believing Steve Smith, Hines Ward and Randy Moss are perfectly sane individuals.