Andrew “Buddy” Baker is the President/CEO of Exclusive Sports Group. A New York native, Buddy is a Certified Contract Advisor with the NFLPA and NBPA. His expertise in representing professional athletes has been recognized not only by several media outlets, but also his fellow agents and the players themselves.
That’s how Buddy’s bio reads on his website.
He’s an extremely decorated sports agent:
• Featured in The Sporting News Magazine detailing his innovative approach to the business
• A consistent contributor to national media outlets such as Sirius NFL Radio, ESPN Radio, Fox Sports as well as local stations affiliated with ESPN, NBC and ABC
• One of 15 Agents on the NFLPA Advisory Committee
• Nominated as a finalist for Indy’s Best and Brightest Award
• Member of a select group of agents responsible for drafting the NFLPA Agent Exam
And now he can add selflessness to his resume.
You see, Buddy took the time to deliver a message to all of us. It was painful – extremely painful. It’s a message to all who haven’t taken COVID-19 seriously enough. I’m embarrassed to say that I was one of them. I bought in to some of the conspiracy theories floating about – theories that suggested the media was overblowing the true impact of this pandemic. But real life stories like this one send such thoughts into a crash landing.
I’ve lost both my parents over a span of almost 30 years. And it hurt like hell.
Buddy lost his within 6 minutes due to the coronavirus.
I can’t imagine his pain. I wish that I had his strength. Instead of wallowing in grief, Buddy has opted to share his story so that people like me can respect this virus’ deadly impact. Sharing Buddy’s story helps everyone. Take a listen…please!
In loving memory of my mom and dad- please make the tough and right choice and help stop the spreading of this virus. pic.twitter.com/FqVEWjdscq
— Buddy Baker (@ESG_Baker) March 31, 2020
Spread the word.
Do it for each other. Do it for Buddy and his parents.
Staying apart today will help us come together tomorrow.